"Melancholia"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinzeUK

Reaction score
I saw this the other night and it has stuck in my head ever since. I knew almost down to a tee when I first saw this advertised what it was going to be like; a bit overlong, a little dull in places, maybe a bit too artsy but **** if it isn't an absolute visual work of art to look at. Also features a career best performance by Kirsten Dunst (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) who is one of my favourite actresses.

So who else has seen it or wants to see it? As an avid film buff (if not necessarily a big Lars Von Trier fan) I can honestly say it's well worth a watch. Like I said earlier, I have had it stuck in my head now especially the opening and closing scenes. Wow.

Melancholia-8.jpg

It's on Netflix instant play if you have that. I thought it was decent. Lots of people don't like it because it's an "art" film and comes off as really pretentious and pointless, but if you liked Melancholia you'll probably like Antichrist. It just takes different tastes than most people to enjoy.

Lars Von Trier has always been worth watching, I liked Festen and the Idiots and thought his 'Dogma' approach to film making worthy enough. I have 'Breaking the Waves' on DVD too, a friend said, watch it its brilliant, but one of the most depressing films you'll ever watch, so I have sort of been waiting to be in the right mood! Melancholia looks good though its set around the end of the world isn't it, I'll be watching it soon enough.

The Good Citizen said:
Lars Von Trier has always been worth watching, I liked Festen and the Idiots and thought his 'Dogma' approach to film making worthy enough. I have 'Breaking the Waves' on DVD too, a friend said, watch it its brilliant, but one of the most depressing films you'll ever watch, so I have sort of been waiting to be in the right mood! Melancholia looks good though its set around the end of the world isn't it, I'll be watching it soon enough.

I want to see that "Breaking The Waves" too have heard the same thoughts as you from other people on it. I hoped you liked "Melancholia" if you've seen it now.

I still can't get that opening and ending out of my head. Well that and Kirsten Dunst' fabulous ta-ta's

:p

Latest posts

Back