Which one is the worst? Rejection, Failure, or Humiliation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say failure.. you can overcome rejection and humiliation... failure.. not so much

I agree. I think all kind of feed into each other...but I hate rejection. It stirs up so many emotions.

Non-existance is the worst. You know why, females.....

But really, not being accepted by people, nobody knowing you, what you are going through, able to step in your mind for a day and see how horrible things are. If I got injured, learned something new, go through a wave of not wanting to be alive anymore, I don't have anyone to turn to in my most darkest and desperate hours like that. Maybe turn the light off, sleeping in pitch black with a dissapointed smirk on your face. The worst thing is not having the choice or the ability to do anything about it. So you are just stick with it, this isolated existance where you are going to have to conform to it or you will go over the edge. Nobody wants to stop and think for a second: hey, maybe that person I ignored, maybe they were suicidal, maybe they had no one else to turn to, maybe they needed someone to reach out to them, but they never got it. I always pull out my favorite excerpt.

***An Award-winning youtube video, by my favorite speaker***

[video=youtube]

I've been humiliated for most my life, I probably fear Humiliation the most. The feeling of being singled out in a group or/and made to feel lower than your peers is just painful. It can also come as a form of rejection.

But I guess it depends on what dose either of those comes in.

It really surprises me how much things have changed in the almost two and a half years since this thread was started.

I'd have to say that of the three choices rejection would still be the worst for me....and even that would depend on the situation. Feeling like you're not good enough can really suck but I've found time and new opportunity to be a great healer.

I've picked myself up and dusted off after many failures (I suspect there'll be more- that's life) and humiliation isn't something I'm bothered by since I'm not put out by the opinions of others if they choose to judge me.

Failure or humiliation. I can walk away from being strung along or turned away (rejection), but I can't just walk away from not being able to do what's necessary or what matters and not having anything of value within myself.

I don't know. To me, rejection and failure both cause humiliation, which is described in the phrase "to add insult to injury". I suppose I'd have to say rejection is the worst, because failure isn't always personal - for example, failing to meet a personal best in a workout, failure to play a song right, failure to draw something accurately, and so on. You can recover from failure given enough practice and time.

But to me, rejection carries an extra sting that makes it both personal, and the worst of the three. No matter how nice I may be rejected, I always feel as though I am being told to go to hell, that I'm worth less than nothing. Or in the case of relationships, that I am a sissy and not a man. It offends me greatly. I hate rejection from the bottom of my heart. For me, it is undoubtedly the worst.

Rejection for me as well. Failure hurts for a second, but it's great since it means more learning. Humiliation is bad, but that depends on the amount of fucks i give about the people that humiliate me, so usually not much. Rejection just.. hurts.

I don't think any of them are the worst. They are simply a part of life. None of them have to be a problem unless you let them be a problem.

Being rejected is, of course never fun, but it happens, so there's not much you can do about it unless you plan to just stay away from people for the rest of your life.

Nothing is ever a failure unless you stop trying to succeed. If you stop trying, it's on you. Not many have succeeded without having failed a few times first.

And humiliation....well, you can't be humiliated unless you choose to be. Unless you care so much about what other people think of you that you simply cannot see anything else.

The Pariah said:
I think the three feed into one another.

^ I agree. I don't think any of the three are all that different, they each have elements of the others. But if I had to pick one, I'd say humiliation.

Rejection is the worst for me.

Failure sucks, but I always see it as a silver lining to learn or gain something from it. Every time I fail, I always get better because of it. I'm not afraid of it.

Humiliation I think can be temporary. Either ignore the people causing it or the situation, and just don't return if you don't have to, or adapt and turn lemons into lemonade. Again, this stems to failure. I've actually made friends because I was in a humiliating situation and simply turned it around.

Rejection on the other hand is like a denial for things I WANT and am ready to do/try and then I don't even get the chance. Rejection is being abandoned by someone or not even getting the chance at all. Your whole being just becomes the what-if scenario: WHAT IF I HAD GOTTEN THIS? Etc, and it drives you crazy.

It's better to try and fail than to never even get the chance to try, is how I feel.

Rejection, I think. Then failure, then humiliation. It seems to me that the pain of rejection is rooted in humiliation and failure, and the pain of failure is rooted in humiliation. But humiliation doesn't necessarily involve failure or rejection, and failure doesn't necessarily involve rejection.

Rejection and humiliation are the same thing, and failure is something entirely different.

Latest posts

Back