How Important Is This Forum In Your Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.:) I hope this thread finds you all well.

Seeing as how I live with my parents and grandmother, it makes any hope of a decent conversation with respect to basketball, chess, and video games to take place. Not to mention computers. When I used to live with my brother he was heavily into video games and some sports. It was really nice to have someone who shares the same interests, but because of his job and his recent girlfriend that he moved in with, I hardly ever hear from him.

I can talk about a lot of things here that I can't anywhere else. This forum is important to me because all of you members can relate to a lot of the things that go on in my life.

I just want to take the time to thank you all for adding a part to my life that heals a lot of pain. I hope that I am providing you all with the same help in any area that needs healing as well.

Sincerely,
LK

I'd go crazy if not for this forum. For the most part people here understand what we all go through. It's more important for me during the winter months when work is slow and I'm shorter staffed. Spending most of my 9 hours a day 5 days a week by myself is difficult. It's so lonely. And going home doesn't help since I live alone and don't know a lot of people, but now that I have DCUO at least I have my online teammates to have fun with and escape the boredom of life. If not for this forum I'd probably be banging my head against the wall.

Very. I would have most likely done something I would regret if there wasn't this Forum. And my only friends are here lol.

Too much. But with me it's never about the place, always about the people. I come for them, and if they eventually decided to leave, this place would lose a lot of its "special" to me. Same goes for facebook, at some point it was an everyday thing, but I really go there for a pocket of people I care for; one more than the others. If I had to lose that friendship, I'd probably stop going there too.

This place is like a little sanctuary for me. A nice place to come. I hope it stays like that. The people here make it so.

This place is so much a part of me that it's a part of my daily routine to check here 3 or 4x a day. If it dissapeared, I would probably cry, no lie and i'm not ashamed of that either.

It's pretty important, I got to admit. The folks I talk to here are an important part of my social network. I dread to think of how bad my state would've gotten without having someone to talk to. If it were gone...I don't know what I'd do. Probably try and look for another one, but my experiences with online communities are somewhat lackluster. I'm just glad ALL is around.

Hmm personally I'd say not very at all. I seem to fit in here in the same way I do in life in general which is quite depressing. In many ways this place is like life only smaller. The same kinds of people and the same hurts and rejections. Its not a place to get away from anything. Just a place to be. I doubt its helping me in the ways I hoped, if at all.

Yeah I know that sounds crappy, but still.

It is important to me as sort of an outlet for however I feel at any given moment that no one in the real world would care about. Not like anyone here would care, but it just feels good to say whatever I have to say even if no one reads it or they do and think I'm a whiner. It is out there and sometimes that's good enough. Anything to try to fill that emptiness.

annik said:
Hmm personally I'd say not very at all. I seem to fit in here in the same way I do in life in general which is quite depressing. In many ways this place is like life only smaller. The same kinds of people and the same hurts and rejections. Its not a place to get away from anything. Just a place to be. I doubt its helping me in the ways I hoped, if at all.

...^This too...

I think this place has its benefits as a way to express how you feel and find you're not alone. What would concern me though is you can have too much of a good thing. There are a whole host of viewpoints and sources of advice and from what I read they are normally all sincere, heartfelt and valid. But there are always multiple ways of looking at something, expecially when its as vague as someones feelings. I think you could get so many different viewpoints you could end up more confused than when you logged on.

I think if you can narrow it down to those you trust most or feel most likeminded it would help as you will have a consistent line of thought through whatever you are going through. Ultimately too, I think its important to recognise that the decisions you make have to be yours and yours alone.

Nolife Princess said:
annik said:

...^This too...

When I read both of your responses something that popped into my mind is how the presence of both of you contributes to the allure of coming to ALL. I've read posts both of you have made at different times and the thoughts both of you share with us do give us reasons to think.

Annik, you have a quietness and a poise in the things you say that's encouraging. I haven't noticed you being critical of anyone but yourself- something I hope you'll do less of (the self criticism). I may be wrong about this but when your name comes up on the screen a sense of calm comes with it. I look forward to your black and white pics and have made it a point to check for the picture changes in your signature. The only letdown is that you still haven't come to shovel snow with me- it hasn't stopped and I do have an extra shovel or two.

And then there's NLP. Your posts are usually very boisterous, enthusiastic and full of your unique warmth. You're obviously not very shy and your passion for all things really shows in what you write. I've noticed you're often the first one in the water to rescue a sinking swimmer, even if the current is too strong for you- your heart just doesn't allow you not to make the effort. I think you're OK despite your fondness for tofu- thats what food eats;)

Both of you have a place here that makes my being here a bit more enjoyable- thanks for that.

perhaps anniK would find hikkiculture.net more to her taste?

Or perhaps this feeling is one of emptiness and it follows you wherever you go regardless...

Lonely in BC said:
Annik, you have a quietness and a poise in the things you say that's encouraging. I haven't noticed you being critical of anyone but yourself- something I hope you'll do less of (the self criticism). I may be wrong about this but when your name comes up on the screen a sense of calm comes with it. I look forward to your black and white pics and have made it a point to check for the picture changes in your signature. The only letdown is that you still haven't come to shovel snow with me- it hasn't stopped and I do have an extra shovel or two.

This is very kind and really made me smile when I saw it so thank you.

SophiaGrace said:
perhaps anniK would find hikkiculture.net more to her taste?

Or perhaps this feeling is one of emptiness and it follows you wherever you go regardless...

This is actually a fair point. I do wonder if the way I feel is down to my own sensitivity and insecurity rather than anything else. I wouldn't say I felt unwelcome here but I'm naturally a shy, quiet and withdrawn person unless I know someone well. I guess this leads to how I feel.

ALLf is important to me because:

~ it helps me realize there are other people dealing with the same type of issues as myself such as: shyness, quietness, etc;
~ it forces me to identify & create a plan for resolving my own problematic issues (even though it takes me time to act on it sometimes);
~ it helps me to learn & identify people who are pain either in real life or a message board with an opportunity to at least extend a hand or a hug to someone who needs it; and
~ Etc

I have actually developed, implemented, and benefited from identifying people at work who are shy and quite the past couple of months.

hugs_pink.gif

annik said:
Hmm personally I'd say not very at all. I seem to fit in here in the same way I do in life in general which is quite depressing. In many ways this place is like life only smaller. The same kinds of people and the same hurts and rejections. Its not a place to get away from anything. Just a place to be. I doubt its helping me in the ways I hoped, if at all. Yeah I know that sounds crappy, but still.

hugs_candle_lights.gif

Nolife Princess said:
...^This too...

Lonely in BC said:
Nolife Princess said:
annik said:

...^This too...

When I read both of your responses something that popped into my mind is how the presence of both of you contributes to the allure of coming to ALL. I've read posts both of you have made at different times and the thoughts both of you share with us do give us reasons to think.

And then there's NLP. Your posts are usually very boisterous, enthusiastic and full of your unique warmth. You're obviously not very shy and your passion for all things really shows in what you write. I've noticed you're often the first one in the water to rescue a sinking swimmer, even if the current is too strong for you- your heart just doesn't allow you not to make the effort. I think you're OK despite your fondness for tofu- thats what food eats;)

Both of you have a place here that makes my being here a bit more enjoyable- thanks for that.
I'm telling you--- I LOVE YOU!!!
xoxo I mean that! now lets go (:)

Bones said:
ALLf is important to me because:

~ it helps me realize there are other people dealing with the same type of issues as myself such as: shyness, quietness, etc;
~ it forces me to identify & create a plan for resolving my own problematic issues (even though it takes me time to act on it sometimes);
~ it helps me to learn & identify people who are pain either in real life or a message board with an opportunity to at least extend a hand or a hug to someone who needs it; and
~ Etc

I have actually developed, implemented, and benefited from identifying people at work who are shy and quite the past couple of months.

hugs_pink.gif

annik said:
Hmm personally I'd say not very at all. I seem to fit in here in the same way I do in life in general which is quite depressing. In many ways this place is like life only smaller. The same kinds of people and the same hurts and rejections. Its not a place to get away from anything. Just a place to be. I doubt its helping me in the ways I hoped, if at all. Yeah I know that sounds crappy, but still.

hugs_candle_lights.gif

Nolife Princess said:
...^This too...

Thank you sugar.
*hugs*
kisses (:)

I find it important because when I feel a certain way I know I can come on here and ask questions or talk about how I feel, or just take the focus off myself and see what others are posting about. This is the best forum, and friendliest, I have ever been to.

Latest posts

Back