Today at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
At work this morning this woman (I'll call her woman A) asked me how my love life was. I said I didn't have one. She said 'neither has Woman B' - another work collegaue of mine. I told her I didn't know Woman B had split up from her fella. Woman A said it had happned on New Years Day because they were not getting on.

She then said 'we should get together' ( me and Woman B) - she wasn't laughing or smiling, it didn't seem a joke. I said I had always liked Woman B.

That was that, nothing more was said. It made me think though what had happened. Woman A and Woman B are best of friends. Was Woman A match making ?

I liked Woman B, she is nice, I can talk to her and she has always taken an interest in my life. She has always been with somebody so I have never thought of her like that. She has been a good friend and work colleague for over 10 years. She gave me good advice regarding my last girlfriend. As a total coincedance, I had some unwanted xmas presents (my ex girlfriends didn't want them) so I gave them to Woman B; some perfume and a bottle of wine. I didn't think anything of it, I just wanted to get rid of them.

I should I proceed with this ?

If you think it could work between you both then it's definitely worth a shot.

What you have to remember is that she just broke up with someone 3 weeks ago, if she's still upset about it and is still thinking about her ex, then you probably should wait for a little while and remain being her friend until she's ready for another relationship. If you think she's ready though then go for it :)

Pezza said:
If you think it could work between you both then it's definitely worth a shot.

What you have to remember is that she just broke up with someone 3 weeks ago, if she's still upset about it and is still thinking about her ex, then you probably should wait for a little while and remain being her friend until she's ready for another relationship. If you think she's ready though then go for it :)

An invite for a coffee in a few weeks can't hurt anyone. I'm glad it happened because I have someone else to think about now rather than the woman I used to see before xmas.

If they're both best friends, perhaps it was match-making on just woman A's behalf. But, maybe woman B said something to woman A about you, and it's a plan to try and get a date with you. You never know. But I say go for it. It's better to have tried, than to have never tried at all.

VanillaCreme said:
If they're both best friends, perhaps it was match-making on just woman A's behalf. But, maybe woman B said something to woman A about you, and it's a plan to try and get a date with you. You never know. But I say go for it. It's better to have tried, than to have never tried at all.

I didn't know Woman B was single until today. She has not said anything to me. She did ask how I was getting on with my last girlfriend on Wednesday. I told her it was pretty much dead in the water.

putter65 said:

WTF kind of question is that? Can I punch you in the arm? :p OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!! Go out with her somewhere, coffee, tea, monster, whatever. Make a small date and take it from there.

Sci-Fi said:
putter65 said:

WTF kind of question is that? Can I punch you in the arm? :p OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!! Go out with her somewhere, coffee, tea, monster, whatever. Make a small date and take it from there.

Don't punch me lol !

I remember years ago something similar like this happened. I made myself look like a right twat. It's so leftfield, me and Woman B. The other Woman (A) has never tried to set me up before. Maybe it was a off the cuff remark. She wasn't joking though, she didn't laugh or smile. I am big mates with Woman B, we chat all the time.

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
STOP ******* AROUND AND BANG BOTH
OF THOSE CHICKS AT THE SAMETIME..FFS

That isn't much help.

Its call shooting for that moon..

One of theze i hope to hear you
Write a thread saying
Women A was swallowing you whole

While womam B is sitting on your face.

In the copier room on the the copier machine, of course.
Itll be a challenge..but you can do it.

So, she get on top on me.
started rocking up and down.
Were still fully clothe.
She leans into me and kissed
me all over....
What should i do?
What should i do?

putter65 said:
VanillaCreme said:

I didn't know Woman B was single until today. She has not said anything to me. She did ask how I was getting on with my last girlfriend on Wednesday. I told her it was pretty much dead in the water.

Personally, I'd go for it. Now you know she's single, and she knows now that whatever you had with someone else is pretty much over. For me, I couldn't have had much more of a push than that. You never know. It may blossom into something more than either of you thought.

And Rocket, can you please stop with all the dumb honeysuckle you post? He didn't say anything about anyone sitting on his face or swallowing him. Go be immature elsewhere.

Ak5 said:
What the hell you waiting for?! :)

I don't want to make myself look like a fool. People say all sorts of things. Obvious it wasn't a joke, she didn't laugh or anything.

It was so odd, never expected it. It doesn't mean Woman B is interested. Woman A might think we would make a good couple. Woman B might not be interested.

I will see what happens next week when I see Woman B at work.

If were going to stroke his ego and encourage him.
lets stroke it right and charge him up real good.

Were yoi sitting down or staying up whe
You wete informed?.
I wanna know all the details.

Lonesome Crow said:
If were going to stroke his ego and encourage him.
lets stroke it right and charge him up real good.

Were yoi sitting down or staying up whe
You wete informed?.
I wanna know all the details.

It's the best thing to happen to me since xmas. I have somebody else to think about rather than that horrible woman I used to see.

Me and Woman A were near the till area and there was a lull in the customers. She approached and whispered 'hows your love life ?' - I replied 'i havent got one' - she said 'neither as Woman B' - I said 'I didn't know, she hasn't said anything' - she said 'You and her want to get together' - I said 'I like her, I always have. I'm not sure in that way though' - she also said they spilt up on jan 1st and when I asked why she said they weren't getting on.

On Tuesday Woman B was talking to me about the perfume I gave her saying she liked it. On Wednesday she asked me how I was getting on with that fake holiday woman. I told her I havent seen her only sent texts. I said I wasn't bothered.

You go..boy

Just sdk her out dude
Stop maling a mointaim out of a mole hill.

I guess you dont work in the front office
Or had ever bid out for contracts.
Gotta do all that work. Turn in fresken
20 to 30 bids. If your luckie you might
Get one or two hits...
Then you gatta go thoigh song and
Dance of sealing the deal. Then deliver.
But clients are demanding as fresia.
Push and pull orders anf they want everything
Yesterday....

Its alright. I have sales people visiting
Trying to sell me their services.
i m one of those demanding clients too.
I want my honeysuckle yesterday...bitches.lmao
Yes. **** it...ill pay.hahaa
E mail you my signature of approval.

buT of course.

You font wanna mix bussiness with
Pleasure.

Lonesome Crow said:
You go..boy

Just sdk her out dude

Get one or two hits...
Yesterday....

buT of course.

Pleasure.

I work in a shop serving customers with food, beer, newspapers and lottery.

It's probably nothing. I doubt I will hear anything more on the subject.

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
You go..boy

Just sdk her out dude

Get one or two hits...
Yesterday....

buT of course.

Pleasure.

I work in a shop serving customers with food, beer, newspapers and lottery.

It's probably nothing. I doubt I will hear anything more on the subject.

It as helped though. I hate having only one woman on my mind. And that is that 'fake holiday' woman. That doesn't seem to be going anywhere. At least this is something new and different. I am not sure I am her cup of tea but strange things happen.

kamya said:
About how old are you guys?

I am 43, don't know what she is. I dare not ask her age lol. I think about 45, something like that. She has 4 children, 3 are over 20, one about 14.

She is quite nice looking and I have been very cheeky with her in the past. But then again I could because she was always with someone.

This last year she has always been trying to set me up with women. Most of them are jokes. She is a funny woman. She is someone who I can talk to. (I told her everything about the last few months with that other woman)

I have never imagined we could ever be a couple. It has not entered my head. And then Woman A says that to me. I know Woman A and Woman B spent yesterday afternoon together. I wonder if I got a mention ?

Latest posts

Back