Inspiring People

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lonely in BC

There are a lot of "ordinary" people out there doing some pretty inspiring stuff. This guy really has my respect- his name is Thomas Corogin.

imagegzy.jpg

He's the guy that was in the news who had to ditch his boat the 7th time he tried to take on Cape Horn- he's 84 years old. This man has some pretty big stones, I hope the 8th time he succeeds. I admire that kind of persistence.

So that's my inspirational person at the moment, how about you?

My inspiring person would be my grandmother. She raised 17 kids, me being the last and she put just as much effort into me as she did the first. She taught me to always treat others how you want to be treated and that beauty is something that comes from within. She always stood by my side even if she didn't agree. She made me me and now I try to do the same things for my kids.

Michael Faraday.

A historic Chemist, Physicist and Inventor, he raised himself from humble "everyman" beginnings to become an excellent scientist through sheer dedication to his work. This was in a time where the non-rich usually didn't have the luxury of intellectual pursuits too.

If I remember correctly he had very little education at all, but attended scientific lectures in his spare time. Eventually this attracted the attention of Humphry Davy (another brilliant man).

To top it all off, he was apparently a pleasant human being too, who coped admirably with obstacles present because of his "low social standing".

Pretty much a huge model in how I'm trying to live my life :p

Latest posts

Back