How important are looks to women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Important Is Initial Physical Attraction

• Most Important

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Very

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Not Much

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Not At All

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyInAtl

Reaction score
A question to the women out there....

Just how important are a guys looks to you when you initially meet someone? I'm not talking about maintaining a long relationship, but that first impression when you see a guy or they come up to you and try to start a conversation. It's that initial "30 second sizeup" that I'm curious about.

For me i would say looks arent important at all, but there is other factors, like hygiene, clean clothes, and the general vibe i get. I am very intuitive , i get vibes like, creepy, full of it, manipulator, honest, confident, shy... etc, yes thats why some of my coffe dates were very short lol.

Looks are important to me. But since I'm attracted to a lot of people who fall into the "not traditionally considered beautiful" spectrum I find a lot of looks attractive. I'm also more interested in a person's style than in their physical body.

Even if I thought someone was good looking, it doesn't mean I'd end up liking them. On the flip side, just because someone looks average or below average - however you want to rate it - doesn't mean I won't be attracted to them eventually. You never truly know what the possibilities are.

I care a lot more about the guy's presentation. Like swanlake, I'm more concerned about clean and neat. If a guy looks like he doesn't care what he looks like... it's a turn off for me.

Hygiene is important to me, looks are irrelevant.

I was never too choosy about looks, but as with many of the others, hygiene and presentation were the most important factors for me. And I always appreciated men who dressed well and wore nice shoes, it would be the first thing I noticed.

********this is how they operate***************

1. Looks
2. Financial Stability
3. How many friends you have
4. What you do with your time

Females choose males. Males have no choice or power in the dating/relationship world. Females are the more advantaged gender. Fact of life.

firebird85 said:

1. Looks
2. Financial Stability

Females choose males. Males have no choice or power in the dating/relationship world. Females are the more advantaged gender. Fact of life.

BS. That is all. :rolleyes:

firebird85 said:

1. Looks
2. Financial Stability

That's how you operate. Don't speak for anyone but your own miserable self.

Looks and financial stability and partly what kind of social life the guy has is all you females care about. Just like on the plentyoffish forum, every time a guy points out that the criteria men and women judge each other on are unfair, because women expect men to have good looks + financial stability (and a car) and other material items, plus they care about what kind of social life the guy has. The only thing men judge on a woman is looks. But even this isn't really the case nowadays, considering the fact that there are lots of guys out there who are involuntarily celibate and never had a girlfriend who don't really care if a girl looks like a celebrity or not but rather who she is as a person. But no, we can't do that. That's too shallow and perverted to you. If the guy has AVPD or social anxiety disorder and can't meet people to hang out with anywhere the girl will usually stereotype the guy out. That is totally wrong, and it should not be happening.

Us men are simple and don't need the superficial stuff, but women need the social confidence, social status, money, companionship, positivity, car, charm, and ambition. Then if a guy does have all that stuff, they may just find some petty way to write you off anyway.

"he lives with parents"

"he doesn't have a college degree"

"he has a mental disorder"

"he has no muscles"

Somehow, someway, women will always come back with some kind of feminist propaganda about how they have to look pretty, can't make much money, they make babies, blah blah blah. As if any of this stuff justifies being shallow. Pure shallow. Jaded from the soul. It's more like some kind of supremacist, power trip, that promotes bad behavior.

what's wrong with 2 people coming together and accepting who they are and moving forward? I'll tell you what, it's because it's not drama, and superficiality.

Everything today is LOOKS, and materialism. Read the thousands of posts from women on the plentyoffish forums. Oh wait, these must be robots saying this. It's not something straight from the horses mouth.

koala4.jpg

firebird85 said:

1. Looks
2. Financial Stability

That's been my experience as well. I'm about a C-/D+ on the looks scale, but even with a 6 figure income, nice car/house, club membership, etc I still can't get women to see past the outside and take a chance to get to know the inside.

firebird85 said:
Looks and financial stability and partly what kind of social life the guy has is all you females care about. Just like on the plentyoffish forum, every time a guy points out that the criteria men and women judge each other on are unfair, because women expect men to have good looks + financial stability (and a car) and other material items, plus they care about what kind of social life the guy has. The only thing men judge on a woman is looks. But even this isn't really the case nowadays, considering the fact that there are lots of guys out there who are involuntarily celibate and never had a girlfriend who don't really care if a girl looks like a celebrity or not but rather who she is as a person. But no, we can't do that. That's too shallow and perverted to you. If the guy has AVPD or social anxiety disorder and can't meet people to hang out with anywhere the girl will usually stereotype the guy out. That is totally wrong, and it should not be happening.

Us men are simple and don't need the superficial stuff, but women need the social confidence, social status, money, companionship, positivity, car, charm, and ambition. Then if a guy does have all that stuff, they may just find some petty way to write you off anyway.

"he lives with parents"

"he has no muscles"

Somehow, someway, women will always come back with some kind of feminist propaganda about how they have to look pretty, can't make much money, they make babies, blah blah blah. As if any of this stuff justifies being shallow. Pure shallow. Jaded from the soul. It's more like some kind of supremacist, power trip, that promotes bad behavior.

what's wrong with 2 people coming together and accepting who they are and moving forward? I'll tell you what, it's because it's not drama, and superficiality.

Everything today is LOOKS, and materialism. Read the thousands of posts from women on the plentyoffish forums. Oh wait, these must be robots saying this. It's not something straight from the horses mouth.

My dude still lives with his parents.

My dude didn't even go to college.

He doesn't work at the moment.

Although he doesn't have a mental disorder - other than just being plain simple - and he does have muscles. He's not a hulking body builder, but he is strong. But that's just because he's a redneck and shoots guns and fixes stuff and works on cars and whatnot.

And although he does have a Camaro, it doesn't run right now due to a dead battery, and he could use new tires and something stretched out with the gear shift.

You sir, have lost your argument. It's all you. No one else. Just you.

Looks (physical features) are not that important to me at all. I find it very odious when men and women start relationships with people simply because they thought that they were attractive, and then complain about how the bottom fell out. In reference to what "Whispers" said, I agree hygiene and clean clothes are indicative enough to let you know if this person is worth talking to. After all, there is nothing like a man in a nice suit. ;)

VanillaCreme said:
firebird85 said:

"he lives with parents"

"he has no muscles"

My dude still lives with his parents.

My dude didn't even go to college.

He doesn't work at the moment.

Although he doesn't have a mental disorder - other than just being plain simple - and he does have muscles. He's not a hulking body builder, but he is strong. But that's just because he's a redneck and shoots guns and fixes stuff and works on cars and whatnot.

And although he does have a Camaro, it doesn't run right now due to a dead battery, and he could use new tires and something stretched out with the gear shift.

You sir, have lost your argument. It's all you. No one else. Just you.

You missed addressing his comment about his research on the 1000's of women on Plenty of Fish- I'm sure that he has done extensive interviewing and documentation to support his assertion. I'm sure that the commentary on that particular site are beyond reproach.

Lonely in BC said:
You missed addressing his comment about his research on the 1000's of women on Plenty of Fish- I'm sure that he has done extensive interviewing and documentation to support his assertion. I'm sure that the commentary on that particular site are beyond reproach.

I didn't know that a site with the word "fish" in it definitely defined women... Sounds kind of... fishy... to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back