PM limits?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere and I've been an idiot and missed it.

Is there a limit to how many messages you can have in your inbox / sent box? Either by number or size.

Thanks.

I have never noticed any kind of limit on them but it is still best to clear out of the stuff you no longer need.

Thanks everyone. :)

That's good to know. I do delete ones I don't want anymore but I was just worried the rest might meet some limit.

Even if there was a limit most will delete the older ones or notify you.

That reminds me...I really need to clean mine out. :/

I never clean mine out, still got every single PM I ever received/sent.

I'll let you know when I hit a limit ;)

I doubt that it is you. Since it has been brought to our attention that some people never clear out their old PMs there will have to be a limit.

Minus said:
I doubt that it is you. Since it has been brought to our attention that some people never clear out their old PMs there will have to be a limit.

That's cool. It's a good idea. I just wanted to make sure it was new because I was sure I'd never seen it before.

I was worried and turns out I only have 2% used! I knew I wasn't very popular. :p

Minus said:

Don't you think that people keep their PM's because it means something to them? If it does not hinder the forum in any way like space, then why should there be a limit? Of course, you could always advice people to clean out their PM space.. just my opinion.

floffyschneeman said:
Minus said:

Don't you think that people keep their PM's because it means something to them? If it does not hinder the forum in any way like space, then why should there be a limit? Of course, you could always advice people to clean out their PM space.. just my opinion.

Isn't there a download option? You could maybe do that if there's a lot you want to keep. Or maybe copy and paste them to somewhere else? Just a thought anyway.

Yes there is a download option that easily allows you to save them on your drive.

I've already tried the download option,it downloads all ur pm into one page. I'd prefer the previous pm system, cos i can separate them by folders. But if that pm system was really a hassle to people, then ok.

I went and looked at old PMs to see what I had, because I was surprised to see that I'd reached 4%. One of my old PMs was a note asking, "Is this a real person?" hehehe

Minus said:

Why does there have to be a limit?

I guess its a question of space?

I don't think we really have much to complain about. I have 115 over my in / out boxes and I'm only at 2%. One of the forums my dad is on the limit is 75.

annik said:
e='1327783077']

I don't think we really have much[align=justify] to complain about. I have 115 over my in / out boxes and I'm only at 2%. One of the forums my dad is on the limit is 75.

I have about 750 in my inbox. About 2% are updates from mods. I intend to keep the rest. Ive already saved about a thousand into one page with download option and deleted them from my inbox. With the 750, im already at 12% thats for about a year of stay here, imagine if i'd be here for about two years more. Some people have anxiety interacting on the forum threads, ive had that. Some people would rather talk via pm and find that they can connect better through it. If it's a question of space, then i would understand, if it's just cos some people keep all their pm's, then i share the same question with soph, why must there be a limit?

floffyschneeman said:
annik said:
e='1327783077']

I don't think we really have much[align=justify] to complain about. I have 115 over my in / out boxes and I'm only at 2%. One of the forums my dad is on the limit is 75.

I have about 750 in my inbox. About 2% are updates from mods. I intend to keep the rest. Ive already saved about a thousand into one page with download option and deleted them from my inbox. With the 750, im already at 12% thats for about a year of stay here, imagine if i'd be here for about two years more. Some people have anxiety interacting on the forum threads, ive had that. Some people would rather talk via pm and find that they can connect better through it. If it's a question of space, then i would understand, if it's just cos some people keep all their pm's, then i share the same question with soph, why must there be a limit?

I'm not really sure why thats directed at me, clearly I'm not a mod here so I've no idea. I would guess it is purely a question of space. Personally I still think the limit is pretty high and its fair enough.

The only other forum I've never been on I only had maybe 20 messages and I was at 50% plus like I said I know of one place where the limit is 75.

annik said:
floffyschneeman said:
annik said:
e='1327783077']

I'm not really sure why thats directed at me, clearly I'm not a mod here so I've no idea. I would guess it is purely a question of space. Personally I still think the limit is pretty high and its fair enough.

The only other forum I've never been on I only had maybe 20 messages and I was at 50% plus like I said I know of one place where the limit is 75.

the above part of my reply is directed at your question but the lower part is for the mods. I was typing on my phone and couldn't really edit my post the way I like it.

I just don't see any reason for a limit, all the more if the limit that have been specified can supposedly still let you keep all your PM's for years, if one wishes. as I have said, if it's a question of space then I'd understand. but not if it's just cos some people keep all their PM's.(more a question for the mods)

Latest posts

Back