Are you Theist or Atheist? (Poll)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theist or Atheist

• Theist

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Atheist

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

Relentless

Reaction score
Hey all,

I wonder how many of us here belive in a version of "god".

I used to be a rather pious young catholic boy. I was an alter server and prayed every night up until say age 12. I then began to question my faith and after a whole lot of reading, and thinking - I became an atheist at age 14 (though I still served alter until age 16).

I'm not going to detail much, it only causes argument - just wondered the demographic here? The omission of "Agnostic" was intentional.

I never really believed in any god. However I used to believe that one day I'd become a scientist to find a way to reach inmortality... I even pictured myself running tests on people and stuff. As years went by I realized that wasn't very possible...

Theist leaning Agnostic. I think there is a god, but I do not think there is any way to prove (or disprove) it.

I will go ahead and say that I do not believe in God as depicted by Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. That guy is sort of an unjust, egotistical prick. I refuse to believe in a God that says he loves you but will not hesitate to see you burn for all time just because you did not swear allegiance to him.

Don't believe in any gods. To me, the greek pantheon of old is about as plausible as the 'major religions' these days.

I believe in God, and is his follower. This comes at a unique twist: I do not follow any specific religion. Born into Christianity and separated from it, due to its misguided teachings, and extremists.

Definetly an (A)theist!

No, in all seriousness, I'm definetly NOT an atheist. I've had my doubts but I could never be that.

This is my (somewhat more philosophical) view of god(s) and religion:
Since Reality can only be defined as what we perceive, and our beliefs, religious or otherwise alter our perceptions, gods exist based on the belief held in them.

Or, more simply put, the harder you look for proof of something, the more you'll find it (whether the proof is "Actually" there or not), thus proving whatever it was you were looking for (totally regardless of whatever it was in the first place).

Zetsubou-Sensei said:
This is my (somewhat more philosophical) view of god(s) and religion:
Since Reality can only be defined as what we perceive, and our beliefs, religious or otherwise alter our perceptions, gods exist based on the belief held in them.

Or, more simply put, the harder you look for proof of something, the more you'll find it (whether the proof is "Actually" there or not), thus proving whatever it was you were looking for (totally regardless of whatever it was in the first place).

Pretty much summed up exactly what I was going to say, except I would extent this to everything that we are aware of.

I haven't really categorize myself as anything yet. I was born in a christian household and I used to believe in god. For last couple of years I haven't been going to church at all and it's because i don't feel like going or that I don't feel like I belong there. But for a long while now, I've strayed away from the belief that there is a god and that everything happens because of God's will.

Zetsubou-Sensei said:
Harkat said:
Pretty much summed up exactly what I was going to say, except I would extent this to everything that we are aware of.

a) Good point, actually

b) Someone agrees with me ( ' U ' )

Likewise .. kinda surprising actually ._.
Well its good to meet you =]

Theist but isn't religious discussion not allowed in this forum? I believe in a personal God. Or if u don't believe in one, it's ur personal choice. I don't think religion should affect how people interact with each other Co's whether with the same beliefs, people still vary from person to person. I don't make fun of any religious beliefs or lack of it, if that's how u roll, and personally, i get turned off by people who make fun of people Co's of the gods they choose to worship.

Neither, I kind of identify myself as an atheist, but I don't really care either way, it's not really that big of a deal to me, nothing wrong to have something to believe in, and I think not all concept of god is the same, some are more interesting than others.

Latest posts

Back