Do ladies ever make the first move relationship-wise?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryKoreanMan

Reaction score
Just curious :D

Because sometimes a midst the hazy cosmic jive

There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet you
But he's afraid he'd blow your minds

There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd tell you not to blow it
Because he knows its all worthwhile

Inspired by my good friend David...

IMO, we should innately be considered equal (to a degree ... men don't get periods, if you follow me)
And thus the girl should be able to make the first move as much as the guy ...

I've had chicks make moves on me numerous times... unfortunately I have never been attracted to any of them. Coincidence?

Some women do make the 1st move. Most do not.
If you read online dating profiles, something i see very common is something like: "I'm old fashioned. I believe guys should hold the doors, make the decisions, and ask the women out."
It's not usually word exactly like that but it's in some sort of wording like that.

Women seem to be trained from an early age that men should be the ones that have to suffer from rejection.

I still don't understand the hold men have to hold the door for women crap. Come on. Do women have no arm muscles?

I hold doors for men and women, despite being 100% straight. It's just the polite thing to do, period. I hate to say it, but I am always surprised when a woman holds the door for me. In my experience, women usually don't even bother checking to see if ANYONE (male or female) is behind them. The ones I recall recently have happened several times entering or exiting my fitness club. There's a lady that lives at the same apartment complex as me who has done it for me multiple times. She's really pretty too! :D

In personal experience, no idea.

But in essence, I believe we males must make the first move.

In every relationship I've had, I've been the one to put things in motion. I have no intention of ever doing that again, though.

Women make the first move if you are an in demand type of guy but they will also make a move if they are really into you.

Blackdot you seem a little bitter towards women.

In the past if I have found a man interesting yes I did make the first move maybe twice.

I also hold the door for the next person male or female it's the nice thing to do. If they don't say thank you I make sure I say Your Welcome very loud.

I had a young gentleman hold the door open for me. I said "thank you" as i went through. Well apparently he didn't hear me because from behind me I hear this loud snotty "Your Welcome!!".

As for the original question, yes sometimes they do.

I have written to men on dating sites, but have not made the first move in 'real life.' I don't have the confidence.

Tiina63: That counts as a yes. At least you are making the attempt to go out on a limb and speak to them first.

Most girls passively make the first move but trying to get your attention but unless she makes an aggressive attempt it mostly goes unnoticed.

I misinterpret moves that women make. I see attention as wanting to get close when all it is is someone trying to casually talk with no intentions of being close.
I've gotten in trouble with it multiple times.

blackdot said:
I misinterpret moves that women make. I see attention as wanting to get close when all it is is someone trying to casually talk with no intentions of being close.
I've gotten in trouble with it multiple times.

Ive had kinda similar problems before. Its hard to tell sometimes if a woman is flirting or if shes just talking. Some girls are just bubbly naturally and it seems like theyre interested in you when theyre not. And some girls will show interest rather blatantly, but because I dont wanna seem like a pig and Im not completely sure what their intentions are I dont make a move of any sort. I seem to always interpret it wrong.

Yes, sometimes women do make the first move in relationships.

In fact, in lesbian relationships, women make the first move all the time:)

Yeah women are generally really nice to me and unless a girl starts grabbing on me(which never happens) I would be able to tell the difference. Usaully I always think they like me and I make a move and find out they either already have a boyfriend or she really isn't interested.

Latest posts

Back