Anyone play MW3?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would totally play with you if I had Blops for Xbox. We only have it for PS3. And I refuse to play MW3 on anything. They'd have to pay me to play it.

VanillaCreme said:
I would totally play with you if I had Blops for Xbox. We only have it for PS3. And I refuse to play MW3 on anything. They'd have to pay me to play it.

MW3 isn't so bad. Black Ops was way better. I do better in that then in MW3. XD

DreamerDeceiver said:
I don't get these video games. Why are Russians always the bad guys?

In most modern shooter video games the protagonists need a credible threat against them and as most protagonists are American there are only a couple of countries that could really go toe to toe with them, or at the very least bring the fight too them. China are one, but it would be incredibly risky using China as an antagonist given that so much of the Western World relies on China to trade with. Given their regime, it isn't unbelievable to think China would throw a hissy fit and potentially stop trade.

Then we come to Russia, the old enemy of the US, with a similar size, population and military capability, complete with feelings of mistrust and animosity left over from the cold war. There are also no potential racial issues using the Russians as the big bad. Look at the fuss regarding Resident Evil 5 because you were killing zombies in Africa, who of course were black. To use a nation which isn't predominantly caucasian would result in cries of showing the white American marines cutting through "inferior" enemies as subtle racism. The only reason this outcry is lessened when using Middle Eastern enemies is because of the current situation, great pains are taken to show they are extremeists and not representative of any particular nation and usually they are being used as a pawn by Russians.

Back onto the actual topic, I sadly tend to avoid the CoD games, the lack of vehicles just doesn't do it for me.

The Pariah said:
DreamerDeceiver said:
I don't get these video games. Why are Russians always the bad guys?

In most modern shooter video games the protagonists need a credible threat against them and as most protagonists are American there are only a couple of countries that could really go toe to toe with them, or at the very least bring the fight too them. China are one, but it would be incredibly risky using China as an antagonist given that so much of the Western World relies on China to trade with. Given their regime, it isn't unbelievable to think China would throw a hissy fit and potentially stop trade.

Then we come to Russia, the old enemy of the US, with a similar size, population and military capability, complete with feelings of mistrust and animosity left over from the cold war. There are also no potential racial issues using the Russians as the big bad. Look at the fuss regarding Resident Evil 5 because you were killing zombies in Africa, who of course were black. To use a nation which isn't predominantly caucasian would result in cries of showing the white American marines cutting through "inferior" enemies as subtle racism. The only reason this outcry is lessened when using Middle Eastern enemies is because of the current situation, great pains are taken to show they are extremists and not representative of any particular nation and usually they are being used as a pawn by Russians.

Back onto the actual topic, I sadly tend to avoid the CoD games, the lack of vehicles just doesn't do it for me.

You make a good point there. I was expecting a similar response. It seems the wars of the past will never be over in the minds of people who were never around when they happened, and lack a comprehensive sense of history. Governments and the media will always be teaching younger generations who the "bad guys" were- and still are.

Latest posts

Back