Do you feel left out on ALL?

• Thread starter floffyschneeman
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

floffyschneeman

One of the reasons why I get scared of posting threads or posts is that they seem to get ignored. Although I know it's not someone I should dwell on, sometimes it makes me sad that even in a site where people are suppose to listen, you get neglected. But I know I have made few but good friends here, so I still feel happy and thankful for this site.

I just wondered if some people share the same feelings. I think yes...

I am not ignoring you! :)

But actually, I feel welcomed already, and I've only been a frequent poster for a few days.

I give it a week, before people start putting me on their ignore list! Only half joking... :(

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I am not ignoring you! :)

But actually, I feel welcomed already, and I've only been a frequent poster for a few days.

I give it a week, before people start putting me on their ignore list! Only half joking... :(

haha thanks, I've felt welcomed when I first signed up as well, which was exactly a year ago, Feb 2, 2011. yey me! But I don't think you'll get ignored. I guess I just don't tell anything interesting :D

I am glad you feel welcomed though :)

Of course I ignore you. It's my revenge for how you always ignore me
un22.png

I do a little, even here I see people have friends, theres literally only one or two people I actually talk to on here

Write a post inviting people to share something about themselves (their hobbies, music, favourite movies, whatever), and most people are all to glad to talk about themselves. Often enough that turns into a reasonable conversation. People always reply to things they feel they have something interesting or important to contribute to.

There are a lot of lurkers. Probably as many lurkers as regular posters. I share the feelings a little but I admit that I don't put very much effort into making lots of friends here. I just don't have the energy for it at the moment. I read your posts though :). I read lots of posts/threads but don't reply because I don't have anything useful to say.

I usually will just say what I want to say. If someone reads it and has something to say about it then that's great. If not, well at least I got it off of my chest and out there.

Sometimes but I figure I'm not interesting enough. I don't start threads and I am petrified of "chat" that I will not be interesting and I will just annoy people.

There is some feel of importance when you see a thread you make make it to 2+ pages. When you get very few replies it feels like no one cares.

I didn't realize there were so many people who felt open enough to post on a message board that they were lonely but there are a lot of people on here.

The problem is a lot of people on here are all in the same boat. We know all about loneliness but we don't know how to fix the problem. Plus a lot of lonely people are shy so they have a hard time responding.

I dunno, I think we do know how to fix the problem, if you look at all the advice/support we know full well what to do. We just can't make ourselves do it. Getting a group of us together would be hilarious. We'd be trying to get each other to get out of the house yet won't leave ourselves. It'd be like;

"Go, get out, do something"
"You come too."
"Nah I'm okay right here."
"If you don't go I don't want to go."
"Well if you don't go I'm not going to go."

LOL

I get like that sometimes. I will go to post something and stare at it forever before actually posting. I get worried I come off the wrong way, so I would rather sit back and read everyone else's post and threads than make my own.

It takes a lot of effort to make a thread! You gotta like... think of something to write. :S

Hoffy said:
I get like that sometimes. I will go to post something and stare at it forever before actually posting. I get worried I come off the wrong way, so I would rather sit back and read everyone else's post and threads than make my own.

I could relate to this so much :D It took me awhile to actually be a bit comfy posting. I think more than half of the things I've wanted to say didn't see the light of day. I just write something then end up clicking back or new threads. I've also had a bunch of posts on drafts.

Sometimes I'd get carried away, or let myself get carried away, I end up being taken in the moment to think of the situation I'd be getting myself into, then I'd post and feel ashamed or regret posting it after. I think I am doing fine with posting now, though. ^^

Gosh, all this fear over posting. If you never reach out, you never know what could happen. :)

the best place to not get ignored is the chat. Go there and I'll stalk you people :D lol

Happy first ALL birthday Floff ;) Congratulations!

Glad you've been around all this time, you make it a great place to be at :D

Latest posts

Back