Do you feel left out on ALL?

• Thread starter floffyschneeman
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll make you feel welcome, Floffy (hello)

Peter Lorre said:
Happy first ALL birthday Floff ;) Congratulations!

Glad you've been around all this time, you make it a great place to be at :D

Suck up (d)

I would be very concerned if anyone actually paid any attention to what i say :)

I do know the feeling. The times that I try socializing online I tend to feel like people ignore me for some reason. Even on facebook with people that I know personally,if I send them a pm or something I sometimes get no reply at all. I find it very disrespectful to flat out ignore someone,even if you don't feel like being their bff at least give them a polite reply. I have never gone out of my way to be particularly social or meet people,but the few times that I do I feel like people like to ignore me....Even after making a physical transformation and taking very good care of myself I tend to go un noticed and un appreciated...?

I've only recently joined ALL and have hardly posted so I can't say I feel left out here but it's happened on some other forums. It's especially the case where the forum has been around a long time and there's a core group of posters who dominate the discussions. Posts on these boards can be ignored, even when you quote another member in your posts. Breaking into those online groups can be as tough as breaking into a real life clique. I also get a bit irritated when messages on Facebook get ignored, especially if it's an old friend from way back.

I think that Internet forums need to be taken with a grain of salt. This is similar to Facebook, MySpace, or any other social networking site. The perceived anonymity and lack of accountability in these arenas creates the Perfect Storm for those who feel weak in their day to day lives and therefore desperately maneuver to gain power in another area - the Internet. There are a lot of desperate causes, a lot of ill-thought-out platitudes, and a lot of petty immature people in general in places like this. I am not implying that everyone is this way. I am simply pointing out that in "the real world" I have never been approached by someone midconversation who interjected with "I think you are lying". LOL. Nope, never happens in real life. This place is a place for me to vent and to read things that expand my mind. It is NOT a place to make relationships or sense connections with others. There are nothing but words here. No people - not "whole" people at least.

Yeah, but I don't blame people for ignoring me. I am not really the nicest person on here is it is completely justified. A forum is like any other group. Yes you can be a member of it. However, just because you are a member doesn't mean that you will fit in.

That is just life. Since this is a forum. I post my two cents and move on. Sometimes I look for feedback. However, I do not expect it. It is more me rambling to myself in the dark than anything else.

All posts are read, personnaly, i do not reply if i feel i cant help, or if what i wanted to say has already been said by another poster. I always read the title of the post, and that is what attracts me to the post, sometimes i feel like helping so i read posts who are asking for help. Sometimes i just need to relax, so i post in the game section. I never read the name of the poster of the tread, so i,m definatly not ignoring anyone in particular. As for me, if i dont get a response, its probably because it was too weird for anyone to say anything about it
2gyaixv.gif

AFrozenSoul said:
Yeah, but I don't blame people for ignoring me. I am not really the nicest person on here is it is completely justified. A forum is like any other group. Yes you can be a member of it. However, just because you are a member doesn't mean that you will fit in.

That is just life. Since this is a forum. I post my two cents and move on. Sometimes I look for feedback. However, I do not expect it. It is more me rambling to myself in the dark than anything else.

x2

People who integrate the Internet into their real lives are out of touch with reality and wasting their lives.

Latest posts

Back