Confused

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetviki

Reaction score
People tell me that I'm pretty, smart and have nothing to feel insecure about yet I still feel that way and I dont know why. I feel disconnected from everyone but yet when I'm around people I just dont want to socialize. I feel like people dont like me for whatever reason and I cant seem to shake these feelings. I know I can be a fun person and easy to get along with but lately everytime I talk to someone I keep thinking that I sound stupid or they dont like what I have to say or think I'm weird. I get paranoid and doupt myself constantly and I cant help it. I keep making excuses why I'm feeling this way that all these negative things are going on in my life but if I look deep down I know its not that bad and doesnt explain my paranoid feelings. Something is causing it all and I dont know what and I feel like I cant be a normal individual. What is wrong with me????

I feel that way a lot

and i'm often unsure how to act, people say they like and think i'm cool, but they never make any effort to hang out, and that always gets me upset.

And so i always feel like no one likes me, and i never know if it's true or if i'm just being paraniod

I know how you feel. Could be low-self esteem or anxiety. Sounds like you may be self-conscious. Have you always felt this way? Or just recently? Any major changes in your life?

It also could be social anxiety. You may have not learned the skills to feel comfortable being social. Any way, you can try to figure it out with a therapist or try to find a book on the subject. You are bound to find something that makes sense. Than once you figure out what it is you can than you can work on it.

A lot of people feel this way . You are not alone. You are not weird.

You sound like you are aware of this issue and you'd like to resolve it.

Best of luck
christine

I've always been a bit insecure and for a while it seemed like things are going well I have friends and everything ok but when something major happens in my life I always seem to fall back into that self concious state of mind and end up feeling like that. I have close friends that I'm myself with but right now when it comes to interacting in big groups I cant halp but feel paranpoid and cant be myself and sometimes not even in the mood to talk to anyone at all

evanescencefan91 said:
I feel that way a lot

and i'm often unsure how to act, people say they like and think i'm cool, but they never make any effort to hang out, and that always gets me upset.

And so i always feel like no one likes me, and i never know if it's true or if i'm just being paraniod

Hey evanescencefan, that is the cutest avatar ever! Anyway I think it's better to gauge your self-worth not by how many times a day people call or message you but rather if you can enjoy yourself and by knowing you are doing your best socially and physically (since we are talking about shyness).

I actually have very little social anxiety, but I'm a shy person & no matter how hard I try it will always be part of my personality. I hate it. Sometimes I have no idea what to say in simple situations where most people know exactly what to say. I also get days when nobody talks to me, so I have to try hard to fix all this by starting conversations & making new friends.

I ont worry or care how many times a day someone calls me or messages me I just have feelings of not being liked and I constantly think that people have a negative opinion of me or feel sorry for me etc.. I dont know why I cant shake these feelings I tell myself and I know that I'm a normal friendly inteeligent person but these feelings dont leave me.

Seems like the feelings themselves are to blame...making you doubt yourself....which makes your doubts themselves true. Then again, I've thought the same about myself...which I think is true so I can't really say that you're wrong about yourself. :/

I suppose everyone feels like that some of the time...most of the people on here will feel that most of the time. I do. Then again It could be a teenage thing.

I found that in my primary school it was "uncool" to thin yourself "cool"- putting yourself down would make you friends. Maybe this has been drummed into too many of our generation.

I don't know, cause they say high school is supposed to the best years of your life, and that just kinda depresses me.

I almost wish i was popular,

they always seem to be so happy and have so much fun, i heard they all went sledding together, and I've never had any friends to go sledding with or ask me to, though it sounds kinda childish, i've alsways loved it but it was something i always did by my self. And i guess it's something they do.

I don't think i really have had any friends. I never really did anything with anyone. I just thought everyone would usally spend the weekends by themselves. But it seems they always plan on spending every weekend together. My mom always wondered why i never did anythin on the weekends and i just didn't understand why. But i guess people always do that kind of stuff

unless my friends just really liked hanging out by them selves. Some friends said they're parents didn't want them to be out durnig the weekend all the time so they could never do stuff, they said their parents made them come home right after school and i just didn't get that because my mom encouraged me to get out.

k i know thats kinda a lame post but the bell just rang so i need to get off the computer now

peace

:)

That's rubbish- uni is meant to be the best part of your life! In highschool people are too busy trying to find themselves and deal with hormones. At uni (or any other time in your early 20s) you can do what you want when ou want, you can drink, sleep around, go out every night.... and once the immaturity of playground social hierachies is gone, I think you'll be a lot more confident. It's weird that once people are away from home that they really come into themselves.

Latest posts

Back