A life without bacon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was told you can live longer with out eating meat. I couldn't live with my fix of bacon and beef. Veggie leave me feeling hallow after a meal. I will feel full but not satisfied. A life with out meat is to hard to imagine. I was also told a steak can stay in the colon for up to a decade.

I've heard arguments on both sides, pro meat, pro veggies, anti meat, anti veggies(not no veggies mind you but ones you shouldn't eat an blah blah blah). To me you need both, that's the conclusion I've come to.

Try eating some soy products or bread like foods for the extra filling. You could also try those veggie meats. I tried bbq ribs once and it was like the real stuff. Yeah I would say it is healthier to not eat meat, as long as you are getting some source of iron and protein in your diet.

I haven't eaten meat or meat products for 10 years. And I have no desire to do so :D

Wise The Articulate said:
I was told you can live longer with out eating meat. I couldn't live with my fix of bacon and beef. Veggie leave me feeling hallow after a meal. I will feel full but not satisfied. A life with out meat is to hard to imagine. I was also told a steak can stay in the colon for up to a decade.

Humans are omnivores, our body is made to eat vegetables, meat, fruit,...(we can't even digest all kinds of vegetation)
Not eating meat doesn't make you automatically healthier, a healthy balanced diet does.
If you like eating meat then keep eating it, just don't eat too much : )
And don't worry about meat staying in the colon, I guess it's some bad urban legend.

btw you have the internet, an endless source of information about anything you want to know. read some scientific articles on the subject and you don't have to believe what people (including me) tell you and just go for the facts yourself (just be a bit carefull, a lot of stuff on the net is bullshit, think a bit for yourself while you read stuff :) )

I respect people who don't eat meat out of respect for animals, and I love animals too, but I don't think I should be ashamed about loving my steak and spare-ribs and other meat :cool:

All I have to say is this: regardless of whether or not you can live longer without meat, a life without bacon is no life at all. That is all.

... I was also told a steak can stay in the colon for up to a decade.

A decade, wouldn't some people start exploding long before there was a decades worth of steak buildup?

Hm, some of this is getting pretty asinine.

I'm quite happy with my vegetarianism and my life, my diet have never suffered because I don't eat bacon, or what ever other meat product.

Barbaloot said:

I'm quite happy with my vegetarianism and my life, my diet have never suffered because I don't eat bacon, or what ever other meat product.

I would never insult a vegetarian on their diet choices but that life style isn't for everyone it's like taking cakes and Cookie a away from people with a sweet tooth taste one of the most pleasurable senses it's hard to deny yourself such simple joys.

Barbaloot said:

I would never insult a vegetarian on their diet choices but that life style isn't for everyone it's like taking cakes and Cookie a away from people with a sweet tooth taste one of the most pleasurable senses it's hard to deny yourself such simple joys.

I actually get a lot of honeysuckle from people I know in real life because I don't eat meat. I'm the odd one out where I live, because it's not exactly the norm and I know no one else here that IS a vegetarian. Everyone I know hunts too, so....

As far as diet goes, vegans and vegetarians have to be careful to remember to supplement what we don't get from not eating meat. Which, if you don't do that, you could actually cause yourself a lot of issues concerning your health.

I like vegetables, and have no problem eating them.

But I crave meat. A nice juicy steak, hot dogs, stuff like that. Those are my favorite foods.

And of course, bacon and sausage and pepperoni. All of that ends up on pizzas, when I order them.

I'm a vegetarian, and I used to love meat. Steak was probably my favorite. I quit eating meat because of how unhealthy it is. Honestly. after a while you don't miss it. This isn't just my experience. I have talk to a lot of vegetarians about this. You'll also start feeling a lot better.

Latest posts

Back