Getting thru a bad life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willmfftt

Reaction score
Let me start this off by explaining my life. As of right now I am 21, I have lived in over a dozen houses (I think 15) but I lost count. My dad left my mom when I was 8 and he only popped into my life long enough to make me think he will stay in it and then he would just leave again. He was a drug addict and so was my mom. My mom always put partying, drinking, and drugs first and me last. I remember once when I was 9 my mom took me to a party she was going to and got so drunk she left without me, and it wasn't her friends house or anything just a random person. When I was 10 she met a guy (also a drug addict) who thought it was fun to put me down. He always tried to fight me for no reason and told me he was going to put me in the hospital. He beat my mom and he beat me. Worst off we were so poor I had to sleep in the same room as them. My mom stayed with him till I was 18. Luckily they kicked me out of the house at 17 for no reason. Luckily my girlfriend's mom was nice enough to take me in.

Now let me tell you how my life turned out! At 16 I had a career as an Auto Technician at a dealership working under another tech (great man). At 18 I broke off from my mentor and was working on my own and excelled past the other techs, often times having to help them diagnose/fix things. Also at 18 I went to college for automotive which brings me to last year at 20 when I graduated. The dealership I was at was only paying me 18k a year full time and I didn't settle for crap so I told them either give me a nice raise or I am out, they called my bluff (or just didn't want to pay me lol) so I had another job 2 days later. Now I am at 21 making 40-45k a year, saving up for a future with my girlfriend.

I pushed thru life telling myself not to take crap from anybody, not to settle for good enough. I show people respect but don't stand in my way or I will blow thru you (you can ask my last employer about that haha). I know its easy to write but it wasn't easy to do and alot of times I felt like life wasn't going anywhere, but I never stopped trying. Life was going to be good no matter what.

My message here is this: If life isn't going your way then force it to go your way

Latest posts

Back