medical issues ruining my life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haiwutzup

Reaction score
so

ive had a plugged sinus and increasingly bad chest pains / headaches for about 4 years. the sinus doc told me my sinus is crooked and that i can either spray steroids up my nose every day or get facial surgery. ive done neither and it may contribute to the other two things i listed. i get chest pains every time i work out my upper torso, so ive stopped going to the gym and lost about 20 lbs. of muscle over the last 2 years since it became very bad. i replaced gym, soccer, and regular sex with video games, pool, and vigorous masterbation. now sometimes i get the chest pains just from breaking hard in pool (thankfully the other activities arent yet affected :D )

the headaches are just as bad as the chest pains. any time i dont get at least 8 hours sleep, any time i dont eat quite right, and a fair margin of the time for no apparant reason, i seem to get pretty painful headaches. these bother me psychologically because i nEVER had headaches or migraines growing up, this began developing only in my early 20s. also my dad died from brain cancer when i was 14 (obvious food for paranoid obsession there..)

so

im wasting away, i barely leave my house now other than to go to school (which ive dropped from a B+/A- to a C/C+ average in - college)

im not totally alone. i do play pool with a group of other guys at school a couple of times a week, get invited out to bars where friends play and drink a few times a week (although i rarely go because my headaches are now just about constant and i gave up drinking several years back because when i drink they are THE WORST and i start smelling blood intensely every single time)

i cant even run on the treadmill without my sinus getting all messed up and weird air bubbles getting trapped around my ears and making my head hurt more. i

i know the obvious response is SEE A DOCTOR FIGURE YOUR honeysuckle OUT

but the problem is thus far they havent had much to tell me. ive had several CT scans since it began, several heart and chest tests including ultrasound, and i even had a barium swallow recently (i regurgitate a bit of food every single time i eat, my doctor thought i might have an issue pertaining to that which would explain my chest pains - my father had a hiatus hernia and they are known to cause symptoms identical to this including pain similar to heart attack) but the results came back completely normal

i feel

trapped

if youre all wondering why the hell im posting this here and not on a medical website, im not looking for answers. there are no simple answers of magical internet diagnostic tools - ive looked.

i just

it really sucks and i dont know what to do anymore

If you're not going to do anything to try and help it, by means of the steroid spray or surgery for your nasal cavity, then you can't complain about it. Certain medical issues are a quick and simple fix. It just takes you getting up and planning out what to do. I'm sorry you're going through those issues though. More often than I want to, I suffer from a nerve damage kind of pain in my hips and lower back. I usually ignore it, only because I've tried a lot of pain meds and even a nerve med, and it just didn't work. And being that I'm only 23, having this type of nerve problem isn't good for me. I do want to have it medically checked out one day though. I just don't have the means to do it.

i dont understand why you havent used the steroid spray instead of letting your quality of life decline

There's set backs to using steroids for any reason. It's not something to just pick up and use. He might not even be able to use it if he tries it.

VanillaCreme said:
There's set backs to using steroids for any reason. It's not something to just pick up and use. He might not even be able to use it if he tries it.

I thought he meant steroids as in like, that stuff that treats asthma.

I am sorry my friend and I apologize this has happened to you in your life. I want you to have the best life you can get. Your body is imperfect and cause of that these imperfect things happen. We must accept that and move beyond it. Make your life the best it be and enjoy all that you could ever love. Don't give up evetually there might be something that will relieve or even cure what your dealing with. You never know after all just what might be on the horizon for you.

Your very strong for you gotten this far haven't you? Whos to say you can't go further? Your strong enough and have there you can its easy now isn't it. Best wishs to you and with reaspect i hope for the best for you.

SophiaGrace said:
VanillaCreme said:

I thought he meant steroids as in like, that stuff that treats asthma.

Different types for different reasons, still, it's not something you can just get on.

Latest posts

Back