depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, what works for me is to just try to find a way to relax my mind for a bit, whether that involves reading, listening to music, or visiting this forum to read about other people's problems and feel less alone, or even to try to help someone on here...But that's just me and how I deal with it...

Do you have ANYONE you can talk to? I know you're on a board for lonely people, but, if you're in school you can talk to your guidance counselor...If not, you can go to a psychologist (well, it does help to have insurance)...If you go to any kind of church, you can talk to a pastor or priest...

How long have you been feeling depressed?

i got people i can talk to but they just dont understand and it makes the whole situation awkward so i tend to just not talk about it but its been bad the last few weeks. and i have decided that not talking about it and acting like its not there isnt the best thing to do. i have had it sense i was about 10-11 and im 19 now. i think its got alot to do with how i was brought up as a child and other factors.

thanks for your input btw. as you said "reading about other peroples problems and feel less alone" that gives some relief to the situation.

bookworm1979 said:
Well, what works for me is to just try to find a way to relax my mind for a bit, whether that involves reading, listening to music, or visiting this forum to read about other people's problems and feel less alone, or even to try to help someone on here...But that's just me and how I deal with it...

Do you have ANYONE you can talk to? I know you're on a board for lonely people, but, if you're in school you can talk to your guidance counselor...If not, you can go to a psychologist (well, it does help to have insurance)...If you go to any kind of church, you can talk to a pastor or priest...

How long have you been feeling depressed?

hello ......

I'll actually force myself to do things I enjoy, my hobbies, anything that will take my mind off of what's bouncing around in my head.

I cope by putting my mind in a different reality, normally. I play a lot of video games in my spare time, and since I'm currently unemployed - I have a lot of that. Silent Hill is my favourite gaming series, and I relate to how sad or depressed the characters in these games are, more so in Silent Hill 2.
If I'm not gaming though, I'll normally just try and sleep "forever"; sleep my life away pretty much... I don't have the best ways of coping, but it's just what I'm used to doing.

i see. thankyou to the people who replied to my thread. (future thankyous as well!)

i have noticed i really cant ask people how they handle there depression in hopes of finding a solution to my own because everybody is different to be honest i believe knowing other people have the same problem or to a degree the same problem as me helps me even more then if i was to find a successful non pharmaceutical way of making it go away. so thanks to the people here at these forums who post there problems because it does help others.

Take vitinins B6, B12 and saint john wort.
Itll help keep you in a good mood.

I went into a deep depression and came out of it...
I dont recommended it....even though i font get depresses anymore.
My mind and body won't allow it...it kind of built a natrual defence
Mechanism. I catch myself faster or notice warning signs.

I basically try not to figure honeysuckle out or hold
On to whatever life is.

Ive read or hear of ideas of how life should be....
Well...fresia it is what it is.

I dont stuff my feelings or anger.

Simple stufg...to prevent deptrssion.

Someday i feel like honeysuckle...other days i font.

I dont define feeling sad as depression.

If i feel sad...i feel sad and thats ok.
I dont feel sad all the time.

I don't define myself as my emotions.
Example.....i feel up set at the moment.
i dont deny my feelings...rather i feel them.
I dont fight it. I dont stuff it.

I don't hurt myself.
I try no to react as much as i can.
sometimes itll pass quixkly. Other times slowly.

I dont beat up myself.
Eventaulky ill stop feeling up set.

Im able to tell people....
Im up set at the moment.

Theres nithing wrong with ne...i just
Feel up set...
I have my reasons to be upset.
Sometumes honeysuckle happens in life thats up setting.

Do that which you love it will help you out trust me.

Latest posts

Back