New date sites needed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

copperation

Irony as it is, I think that having the stigma lessened by meeting via dating websites has only made things worse.

Not long ago, to be seen as a user of something like Match.com would have resulted in much ribbing from friends. Nothing malicious of course, just the usual type of banter, though it would be slightly embarassing for someone rather sensitive.

These days, however, it's seen as almost cool to be able to pick your own girlfriend (potentially). But the downside is that the dating sites and pen clubs and high street agencies have been swamped with 'normal' people who use them as mere social networking organisations. This has made it difficult and frustrating, for me at least, to be able to find somebody who doesn't rely on good looks/sex appeal/a 'spark' or any of the other superficial things to mark you as somebody to keep rather than reject.

What's more, I'm also of the opinion that many or most of the quiet types on there either pretend they are what they're not, or just not bother to register at all due to the peer pressure.

I want to go back a few years to the time before the socialites and other extroverts took away one of the only online outlets we introverts have. I'm not interested in loud clubs, constantly travelling the world or white water rafting and I'm sure I won't find a likewise match when she's buried beneath all the party animals.

Dating sites are absolutely horrible. I got tired of being dismissed by the party animals. I did see one that seemed decent though. It was a Christian site but I never joined because you had to do a phone interview. I'm much too shy for that.

Latest posts

Back