new girl in ma head

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man of one

Reaction score
So last time i was here, i talked about how a beautiful girl said yes to going out with me, to keep the story short we didn't hit it off; it just didn't click. Well one day i was on her facebook and i saw one of her friends and BOOM! i instantly fell in love with her looks(me gusta) she is like the exact type of girl i love(looks wise). Luckily she goes to the same college as me and the last couple of days we have crossed path's in the hallway. But how do i approach a girl that I don't know at all? and don't have the excuse of taking a class with her and talking about that, and everytime i see her in the hallway she is walking towards the opposite way i am. I have tried making eye contact but she is always like focused looking forward and she never looks at me. Should i add her on facebook? lol i guess that would seem stalkerish.
Any advice?

man of one said:
So last time i was here, i talked about how a beautiful girl said yes to going out with me, to keep the story short we didn't hit it off; it just didn't click. Well one day i was on her facebook and i saw one of her friends and BOOM! i instantly fell in love with her looks(me gusta) she is like the exact type of girl i love(looks wise). Luckily she goes to the same college as me and the last couple of days we have crossed path's in the hallway. But how do i approach a girl that I don't know at all? and don't have the excuse of taking a class with her and talking about that, and everytime i see her in the hallway she is walking towards the opposite way i am. I have tried making eye contact but she is always like focused looking forward and she never looks at me. Should i add her on facebook? lol i guess that would seem stalkerish.
Any advice?

You don't need an excuse to talk to her other than the fact that you're interested in getting to know her. If she doesn't make eye contact you will have to be more direct. Stop her in the hallway and ask her what her name is. You could make the comment that you thought you recognized her on someone's Facebook. You don't have to say who. Introduce yourself. You could have a brief conversation about what she's taking in college and what you're taking. Take notice of her engagement in the conversation with you. A nice warm smile is a good sign. You can tell by her facial expressions how receptive she is to you approaching her.

That's all you really need to break the ice. You don't have to make a huge effort towards a long conversation. Just enough to introduce yourself and something brief is good enough. The next time you see her it'll be easier to talk to her as long as she seems receptive to it.

man of one said:
Any advice?

Jesse said:
man of one said:
Any advice?

You don't need an excuse to talk to her other than the fact that you're interested in getting to know her. If she doesn't make eye contact you will have to be more direct. Stop her in the hallway and ask her what her name is. You could make the comment that you thought you recognized her on someone's Facebook. You don't have to say who. Introduce yourself. You could have a brief conversation about what she's taking in college and what you're taking. Take notice of her engagement in the conversation with you. A nice warm smile is a good sign. You can tell by her facial expressions how receptive she is to you approaching her.

That's all you really need to break the ice. You don't have to make a huge effort towards a long conversation. Just enough to introduce yourself and something brief is good enough. The next time you see her it'll be easier to talk to her as long as she seems receptive to it.

your advice pumps me up lol, but I don't know if i can just stop her in the hallway im shy and im not good in awkward situations, but let's say i stop her should i say something like: hey! whats your name? and when she tells me, i tell her mine and then what? keep walking? lol im bad with this stuff..thanks for the advice btw.

man of one said:
your advice pumps me up lol, but I don't know if i can just stop her in the hallway im shy and im not good in awkward situations, but let's say i stop her should i say something like: hey! whats your name? and when she tells me, i tell her mine and then what? keep walking? lol im bad with this stuff..thanks for the advice btw.

No problem man. No don't keep walking after the name exchange lol. Ask her what she's taking in college. Make a brief little conversation about that. Talk about what you're taking. It's probably best not to have a really long conversation with her at first. You could end the conversation by telling her it was nice to meet her or something like that and tell her you'll see her later or talk to her later.

I know it's really tough when you're shy. Something that helped me get over it was not thinking about the fact that I was interested in the person. If you think about it too much you'll worry about what you're saying. Don't talk to her with the thought that you're trying to make an impression. Just act like it's no big thing. Act like you're just making general conversation. It's perfectly okay to talk to someone or introduce yourself to someone just for the fun of it. Think of it as being nothing more than that. You can work on more than that later. For now, just think about it as if you were making random conversation with any other person.

Latest posts

Back