Is it possible to just change, start anew?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
I want to be a new person, I want to be full of warmth and love, and lovingly care for people; I don't want to judge anymore, I want to forgive, I want my life to be like a happy childhood; I want to give what I have to whoever wants to take it, and I will protect myself as I were my best friend; I want to change the negative thoughts into positive, I want to be silly and naive and believe in love and friendship, starting with a dog if no one else is there; I want to reach out to people, because we are all connected so in the end there isn't anything to be afraid of, and no one can hurt a heart full of love; I want to take the hurt and use it for understanding, and learn the meaning of the term "move on"; I will be open to whatever comes my way.

Do you think it is possible, that a lonely, hurt, shy, sometimes sad person can become like that? Is it really possible to change, once and for all?

I believe it's possible, but I also believe you need to put in a lot of effort and have a bit of luck.

This quote is right I think; If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Yes....its posible.

Your on the right path.
Change your thinking, change your life.
Lasting changes comes from within

Its kindda cool to lose your marbles
( old unworkable ideas and beliefs)

The little list that you just wrote is powerful.
Now simply change it to I AM HAPPY....ETC.
ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL HAPPY OR
YOU HAD RECEIVED ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING
OUT OF LIFE....
ACT AS IF YOU HAVE. FEEL AS IF YOU HAVE.
Expand on that list. Make a list of positive things.

DO IT 5 mins at a time.
1 hour at a time
Oneday at a time.

At first you might feel resistants....thats ok.
Be persistent..

If old negative thoughts creeps in.
Acknowledges then...dont run with them.
Dont figure them out....
Simply cast them away , drop them, or let go
of them.
Then get back on track of acting as if and feeling
As if again.

I made a recording of myself...
Of the 100 positive things.
I listen to it all day for a while.
I also read my positive list again and again.
What this dose is....creates positive message
That will run across my mind more often...
Just like hearing our favorite songs in our heads.

I also had a gratitude list....
Graditute is a state of HAVING.
itll generate feelings of HAVING.

I also do positive self talk....
Just like you wrote...be my own best friend.
Positive internal dialog or a loving positive relationship
With myself......
Its very powerful....
It start menifesting itself on the outside....

All creations first starts within our minds.
Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

The process is simple...
Most poeple over look it becuase of the simplicity
Of it.

Again.... we kive in accordance to our beliefs.
If you believe be happy is hard....youre make it hard.
If you bekieve life is easy...youre make it easy.

If you believe you are lonely and miserable...youll be
Lonely and miserable.

If yiu bekieve you are a victim...youll play the victim.

Use the pricess to work for you instead of against you.

Belief is the Cuase.
Your life or actuons are the effect.

If you change yiur beliefs first...your action will be more
Graceful.....

The sanething happens when you believe you
Are lonely.....notice how graceful it is to be lonely.
You dont question it.....becuase its that graceful.

One of the changes or thing I ve been working
On is the FEELING OF BEING LOVED ALREADY.

Ive fortunate to know what that feels like in my life.
But there had been so much dysfunction, abandentent,
Abuse, and heart break in my life.
The many expectations that i failed to live up to.
The many bad actions and decisions i made.
The guilt and shame i carried around.
I kind of didnt know or forgotten about that felt like.

Even tbough ive been in relationships all my life.
Even tbough there were people, family and friends around me.
I know it might sound odd to some people...

Even in my religious back ground i was tuaght or
Programmed to believe saperations from god.
Love earning....
I never felt gods loven.so sin more and more.

As you stated..feeling loved from your pet,...etc.
Its still feeling being LOVED.

ACT AS IF IM LOVED ALREADY.
FEEL AS IF IM LOVED ALREADY.
I BELIEVE IM LOVED ALREADY.
I KNOW IM LOVED ALREADY.
I AM LOVED ALREADY.

HAVING LOVED ALREADY.

Peaches said:
Do you think it is possible, that a lonely, hurt, shy, sometimes sad person can become like that? Is it really possible to change, once and for all?

I hope so Peaches. I think I had a moment like yours, some years ago, it's been a long and sometimes hard road, but I feel SO much better than I did at that time.
I still sometimes have big doubts about myself and I can't say I'm totally happy with myself at the moment, but I'm optimistic.

You have already started on that path to your goal. Because the way we think influences the way we behave and you are imagining a better future, a better life.

Sending warm thoughts your way.

Hi Peaches :) I'm Anna. I'm kind of in a similar situation right now.I want to start over.I wish I could do it somewhere else but I'm stuck in the same city with the same people.I'll still try anyway.Maybe I can change the way people see me by my actions,because I feel like I kind of have a not-so-good rep and I'm always afraid of people bad mouthing me because of something I did that most people find unacceptable in my society and it haunts me and I feel that people will always judge me for it even though I didn't hurt anyone.I feel worthless and undeserving of anyone's sympathy but still..I think the world we live in there's too much hatred,judgement and negativity and little love,peace and acceptance and I wish I can change that by radiating warmth and love myself.It's taking alot of guts but I have to atleast try before I give up on having the life I wanted for myself and let myself drown in my depression and self-loathing.But first of all I need to find peace within myself,which I find very hard. Anyway hope your life changes for the better and definitely get a dog,atleast you know someone loves you unconditionally,your dog isn't trying to use you like some people do.

Peaches said:
I want to be a new person, I want to be full of warmth and love, and lovingly care for people; I don't want to judge anymore, I want to forgive, I want my life to be like a happy childhood; I want to give what I have to whoever wants to take it, and I will protect myself as I were my best friend; I want to change the negative thoughts into positive, I want to be silly and naive and believe in love and friendship, starting with a dog if no one else is there; I want to reach out to people, because we are all connected so in the end there isn't anything to be afraid of, and no one can hurt a heart full of love; I want to take the hurt and use it for understanding, and learn the meaning of the term "move on"; I will be open to whatever comes my way.

Most definitely. Even if you fail the first few times, keep going. I like that you want to be silly and naive and believe in love and friendship. It's bad to be resentful and bitter about these things. Yes, start with a dog. I know I did when I moved to a new place. The dog was my friend.

Missing said:
Hi Peaches :) I'm Anna. I'm kind of in a similar situation right now.I want to start over.I wish I could do it somewhere else but I'm stuck in the same city with the same people.I'll still try anyway.Maybe I can change the way people see me by my actions,because I feel like I kind of have a not-so-good rep and I'm always afraid of people bad mouthing me because of something I did that most people find unacceptable in my society and it haunts me and I feel that people will always judge me for it even though I didn't hurt anyone.I

Hi Anna, congratulations for what you are doing, I think it's even more difficult to change among people who have known you for a long time and without knowing push you back in your old ways. I had a great teaching from the fact that I moved many times, also to places where I didn't know anyone, and for many years the same dynamics came out, so it's really all up to change ourselves and not the outside. But, well, best of luck and courage, you can do it :)

The problem with self-affirmations is: how long will it take before they really kick in? and, will I still be myself after that, or am I performing some kind of self-brainwashing? Than I think that all the self-deprecation that I had before was just another kind of brainwashing from my childhood and circumstances, but, well, one is never sure

i'm under the impression that you want to change instantly. that you want to wake up tomorrow and be this new person that you're describing. the short answer to your question is YES, you can change, but it takes effort. we've all been hurt and in bad situations, and it's always taken more than just good will for us to get back on our feet. it also takes time. time to get over your past and your old ways, to start practicing your new ones, and to be purged of those iniquities. you can change. you just have to want it, and you have to let yourself transform like a butterfly.

i wish you luck on your ventures.

Latest posts

Back