Anyone else like Dark Humor/ shows?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21acceptedbeingalone

Reaction score
What I mean is that I like shows like Breaking Bad and Dexter. These are dramas, but they have a dark tone to them. I also just watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the first time and love the evil messed up comedy of that show.

Pah you want dark humor? Then seek out:

the-league-of-gentlemen-complete-series-3_0.jpg

Picture+21.png

nighty-photo.jpg

Lost Drifter said:
Pah you want dark humor? Then seek out:

the-league-of-gentlemen-complete-series-3_0.jpg

Picture+21.png

nighty-photo.jpg

I havent watched many british shows. Never heard of these. One British show I like is Rumpole of the Bailey, is about some cynical defense lawyer guy. My dad got me into it.

I love Dexter and I also liked Six Feet Under Michael C. Hall is a great actor.

Hey, I don't get those shows on BBC America not fair!!!

I think if you like Dexter you will probably really like Breaking Bad. Its on Itunes and Netflix here in America. Not sure how it's available where you live though.

I love breaking bad and six feet under. Dexter I tought it was slightly overacted for my taste.

Felix said:
I love breaking bad and six feet under. Dexter I tought it was slightly overacted for my taste.

The first 2 seasons of Dexter were really good. After that the quality is pretty inconsistent. I like Breaking Bad much more. I havent watched Six Feet Under yet.

If you want dark humor, watch the Leprechaun movies. Honestly hilarious and horrifying, at the same time!

Six Feet Under is pretty much the best ever show to me - the mix of genuine, strong emotion, dry, dark humour, flawed but likeable characters, surreal touches used to enhance the 'real' stuff....
Pretty much perfect.

Rewatching the end of series 4 at the moment, seeing the lift death...
I was actually putting my fingers up in front of my face, but I found it quite funny as well...

Anonymous Rex said:
Six Feet Under is pretty much the best ever show to me - the mix of genuine, strong emotion, dry, dark humour, flawed but likeable characters, surreal touches used to enhance the 'real' stuff....
Pretty much perfect.

Rewatching the end of series 4 at the moment, seeing the lift death...
I was actually putting my fingers up in front of my face, but I found it quite funny as well...

The last episode of SFU... I have to admit it made me sad for the crude way it shows how life passes by... And the life of the people you care about... It was brillant tough. Deepest series I've seen by far.

Felix said:
The last episode of SFU... I have to admit it made me sad for the crude way it shows how life passes by... And the life of the people you care about... It was brillant tough. Deepest series I've seen by far.

Agreed that was must see tv for me for years, I know exactly what you mean about the last episode. Was gutted when it finished.

If you do get a chance to watch the league of gentleman you have to give it a go, one for the most original and funny shows I've seen (season 3 was a bit of a let down but season 1 and 2 are genius). Its sort of horror/humour, inspired.

If it doesn't have a black as pitch sense of humor, then it doesn't last long with me. The League of Gentlemen, Dead Like Me, Black Books, Six Feet Under, I love shows that laugh at subjects that others would run in terror from. I grew up laughing right along with The Crypt Keeper and the other Ghoulunatics, Uncle Creepy, and even authors like Lovecraft, Poe, Machen, Straub, and even Ramsey Campbell and Poppy Z. Brite. It's one of the few things that makes me laugh these days.

swanlake said:
I love Dexter and I also liked Six Feet Under Michael C. Hall is a great actor.

Hey, I don't get those shows on BBC America not fair!!!
Add the program Kodi to your computer, laptop or tablet. You can watch free movies, sitcoms, live sports, dramas, documentaries from all over the world and there are tons of UK channels available. Got mine set up to the tv and it's the best thing I've done in the past few months.

If you add Kodi, all the info to add channels and different setups are on youtube. Give it a try.

Latest posts

Back