Are Any Of You Getting This When You Try To Use "Megaupload"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
banner.jpg

Aye ... To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Megaupload having been taken down. But it was done so by the FBI on piracy allegations. They took the owner into custody, IIRC. The site shortly thereafter was shut down along with any links that were directed to the location.

And supposedly, the stars that appeared in this reuploaded, promotional Megaupload video never did agree to appear in it in the first place, and thus withdrew their support.

With the SOPA/PIPA controversy having been going on recently, a lot of people have been taking notice of this, and considering the fact that the government appears to be fully capable of handling sites supposedly threatening businesses with piracy without the help of the extremes that SOPA and PIPA would impose.

To be honest, at some point, even forums like ours will have to do our part to prevent any links or references to illegal sites from being posted here simply to prevent law enforcement getting involved.

EveWasFramed said:
To be honest, at some point, even forums like ours will have to do our part to prevent any links or references to illegal sites from being posted here simply to prevent law enforcement getting involved.
Was it illegal for me to post that seal?

For the record...

Concert bootlegs are usually legal, and the artist knows about it. You know, the shows that are taped by someone with an iphone, put into mp3s, and then uploaded to the web?

Well, Megaupload had loads of Sarah McLachlan, Paul McCartney, and Michael Jackson shows! Now they're lost forever...and I'm pissed, because those things are hard to find, anyways.

Not every artist is like Marillion or King Crimson, and makes perfectly legal, available to purchase concert bootlegs! In fact, Dream Theater asks their fans to send them shows, and then they mix the shows and put them up for like $5 at their sites!

And also, for the record, excluding Michael Jackson, I have seen all 5 of those artists/bands in concert.

They took down MegaUpload as well as BTJunkie, and a few others are being taken down, whether it'd be by the site itself or the government. Don't ya just love free America...

America isn't free anymore.

And they didn't take down BT Junkie. BT Junkie closed, because they were being harassed by the Feds, and they closed to avoid being shut down.

At least Rapidshare is still up, and so is mediafire. But I find it ridiculous that they're shutting down perfectly legal sites, because a few illegal things were uploaded on them. I used to use megaupload between friends - they would send me their music (that they made), and when I made an album, I would send it to them via megaupload. Can't do that now, because it's illegal - duh! It's illegal for my own music, made with my own hands, instruments, voice, and mind, to be shared...just because someone uploaded a Justin Bieber song, and the RIAA got pissed!

It is not illegal to share your own music, you own the right to it.. Megaupload didn't just have just "a few illegal things" they had a massive amount and for whatever reason the Feds decided that they were promoting that activity.

I know it's not illegal to share your own music.

I just was irritated that they took down MY music, as well as taking down the illegal stuff.

Yeah i know. I would use sites like that to do homework. A friend and i would pass back and forth spreadsheets and PDFs and large files as we worked on thing. Now on many sites i can no longer do that.

MU wanted to pay the artists 90%....
They took everything down, even some backup photos I had. They don't give a honeysuckle, they've proven again they're the empire...
Freedom of information pisses them off. You think they care aboutthe artists? why now? why their friends the corporations like CBS which owned CNET allowed millons of users to downoad Kazaa, Limewire, Soulseek and all those P2P programes?
It's ok when corporations do it... cuz they're like, a part of the goverment.

Latest posts

Back