Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People who have tons of friends cause of their looks make me sick
There are so many people I know of who are so happy and bubbly because they have so many friends and it's only cause they look good and have money. They look down upon people who aren't like them as if it's their fault that they aren't as beautiful or popular. These people have had so many fun and great experiences in their life because of their good luck. It makes me think of how shitty and lonely my life has been. I'll see like teenagers just laughing together at the mall and even that will make me depressed cause I never had that. And that alone just makes me want to die so bad so I don't have to witness it anymore.
I normally tend to look down on the people laughing, due to whatever they are talking about is hallow and empty. And whether they are like us or not its sad that really wouldnt bring me any joy. Would it make you feel any better?
At my high school, the popular in-group consisted solely of pretty, rich girls. I actually read a paper, whilst in uni, about attractiveness. It was about a study that involved rating faces which varied in facial attractiveness on intelligence, warmth and other traits that I can't remember. In fact, loads of studies have been done, and they consistently found that good-looking people were rated as more intelligent, friendly, and everything else - even if they were in fact less intelligent etc. That's just what society is like, I guess. :/
lonelyloser Wrote:There are so many people I know of who are so happy and bubbly because they have so many friends and it's only cause they look good and have money. They look down upon people who aren't like them as if it's their fault that they aren't as beautiful or popular. These people have had so many fun and great experiences in their life because of their good luck. It makes me think of how shitty and lonely my life has been. I'll see like teenagers just laughing together at the mall and even that will make me depressed cause I never had that. And that alone just makes me want to die so bad so I don't have to witness it anymore.

I see people like this all the time too. Sure I'm jealous of the fact that they've got people to be around and laugh with, but in NO way do I envy them as a person or for their lives they lead.
I think anyone who attains a state of "happiness" and cheer simply because of their looks or how many superficial friends they have is not worth any jealousy over. I know for sure if I were that way I'd be a pretty dull person inside and out.

Sure I have far fewer relationships than these popular folk, but the few relationships I do have are always very meaningful.
they annoy me too. Stupid shallow society.
Puppet on a string
Hey I think I am a pretty good looking guy however, I dont have tons of friends because of it. And a lot of other people here are pretty good lookign(just got through the lets see the faces). So even if society is shallow its more about a state of mind I think. Either your to ignorant to worry about anything, or just generally happy for whatever reason, or the people who never want to be alone.

Plus I thought it was funny that human_conditions reply as shes very pretty.Toungue
lonelyloser Wrote:These people have had so many fun and great experiences in their life because of their good luck. It makes me think of how shitty and lonely my life has been. I'll see like teenagers just laughing together at the mall and even that will make me depressed cause I never had that. And that alone just makes me want to die so bad so I don't have to witness it anymore.
That's exactly how I feel. Even on this forum. =_= I also hate seeing little kids playing together and laughing. I had no friends when I was a kid. Never. I didn't even play soccer once. I had no interaction with other kids. I feel like a leper.
"Next the walking on water thing, he could of literally used his skills to make boat shoes and literally walked on water. He was a carpenter."
-- frey12 on Jesus
I don't think it has to do with looks. There are plenty of fat ulgy people who are way more popular because they have a good personality. It doesn't matter if you're unattractive, an attractive personality really does make up for it. If you think someone has friends just because they look good or have money then they probably aren't friends, just people trying to use them.If they're happy it is maybe because they are that shallow, but who can blame them? Maybe they aren't bad people, just people in different situation so they live accordingly. They're lucky? Then leave it at that and move on...someone is always lucky. A lot of things can be blamed on luck, but at some point you must take responsibility for being who you are.

Just be careful you aren't the shallow one because of the way you judge them.
mimizu Wrote:I also hate seeing little kids playing together and laughing. I had no friends when I was a kid. Never. I didn't even play soccer once. I had no interaction with other kids. I feel like a leper.
why?what happened?

I think, when the right time comes--u'll get over this.
u know, I always had friends and company and all that shit, but there's nothing worse than finding out that ur best friend whom u thought u knew well, loved like ur sister for years was nothing but a jealous bitch...how blind and trusting was I. That tought me, no metter how many friends u got, to never trust any of them 100%...and all people in general. Since then I never let any friend get too close to me.
Example:
I have a girlfriend, love her dearly, but she confessed to sleeping with "babydaddy" of her other friend. I still love her, but would never leave her alone with my boyfriend after this.
there are a loooooot of "friends" that very often u wish u weren't friends with.
susks but true.
e.m.e. Wrote:That tought me, no metter how many friends u got, to never trust any of them 100%...and all people in general. Since then I never let any friend get too close to me.
I told this to myself when I was 12 and have been holding on to that till now lol. That was after I had a major argument with a best friend. We're still friends now though.

But hey, it just hit me, since then I never allowed a friend to get too close as well. No longer buddy-buddy type..just best friends the most and even that sometimes we don't seem like it. Okay..interesting I never realised this about myself lol. Thanks to you e.m.e. for pointing that out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what do you think gives people value? Nicholas 10 713 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Eternitydreamer
  Advice Encouraging People to be Fake michael2 17 701 04-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Meaw
  Those with hundreds of facebook friends Eternitydreamer 23 744 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post: niceguysfinishlast
  Do you just not meet people you like anymore? LonelySutton 36 3,664 04-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Jack Rainier
  Do some people just go through life friendless? Unliked? IceCastles 25 4,413 03-30-2017, 06:21 PM
  Am I better off alone? Reaching out to people who don't reach back. Gemmy 21 3,179 03-30-2017, 06:04 PM
  I wish I had friends but everyone always leaves. Mike27 3 334 03-26-2017, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Restless soul
  Missing my old so called friends? Should i do something? owmygod 8 875 03-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Tealeaf
  Sick of being alone for over 10 years Eternitydreamer 10 1,960 03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
  Friends and why i always seems to get alone.. owmygod 8 1,153 03-14-2017, 05:13 AM
Last Post: owmygod