What kind of religion is this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
Ok here is a pretty funny question I am trying to figure what religion would I be classified under. This was all sparked by someone in a class that tried to claim I was an athiest when I am not.

Well here are my beliefs pretty much I believe in a god and for the most part I would say I am christian but now here is the twist I usally bash god and I would pretty much say I hate him. ( I am trying to leave this very tame and not offend anyone but usally I say much worse about god)

So since so many people like to think I am an athiest because of this which makes them a retard I am going to figure out what religion I am. I have always just thought I am a disgruntled christian but no one really likes that as a classification.

I would say that your a christian that hats god,, I see no problem there. I don't believe there's a god out there and if its proven to me that there is I to would hate god for all the crap he lets happen when if there was such a thing as god and he has the power to do absolutely anything and dose not that is as bad as doing all the bad stuff himself and if when I get up there and fined there is a god if am capably am going to give that sun off a ***** the biggest ass kicking there ever was. and btw josh never holed back on what you feel ever. You not being fer to yourself when you do hold back :p

Why do you feel the need to be classified. Its none of their business. The real problem is the people not what classification of belief you have. Also to get things straigh tto those people. Athiest make fun of the people for believing in god we dont hate god we find it to be funny like people with imaginary friends.

bluey said:
I would say that your a christian that hats god,, I see no problem there.
:rolleyes:

Hating god contradicts being a Christian.

My personal opinion about this... if god exists (and he probably does), that doesn't mean he has to be our nanny. -_- It doesn't make sense to blame him for being a bad nanny. God doesn't owe anything to you. He doesn't have any obligations to make the world of humans a "good place". Humans are the ones responsible for hurting each other.

My personal opinion about this is god was created as an idea people to take the blame and give hope to the people. And to be use to manipulate the masses. God is no different then people say I am genetically predisposition to violence. God is an excuse, because people need to believe something better, they need to blame something, and they need something to comfort them as they go into oblivion.

Believing in God and hating Him is pretty original. At the very least, you'll never have to deal with the accusation of being a brainwashed sheep. :)

Anyways, you don't really need a label. I can't imagine there are any functional religions founded upon hate, so you might as well just name it yourself.

May I make a suggestion?

Antideiprocredochristianity.

(Anti-dei-pro-credo-christianity)

You hate God but you support Christian beliefs. More or less.

Dont take this as being mean but believing in god and hating him isnt original at all. Its like saying people turning everything anything sexual is new. Sorry I dont mean to like a dick here but couldnt resist which is also one of those things that makes no sense. i clearly mean to be a dick im just apologetic about it.

^ I don't know of anyone who believes in God and authentically hates Him...

i think you are a christian.. if you believe in the bible.. that is what you are.. you just dont follow it well. Read the bible more.. then you might either not hate god.. or stop believing in him. lol. umm but no seriously. you are christian ..i think.. why do you hate God?

If you believe in Jesus too then you're christian. otherwise just say that you're whatever Matt said. If nothing else, it'll confuse people :p

christian defenately...disappointed
well, I actually don't believe in God I know for 100% He is here. I just witnessed stuff that you can't deny or explain logically.I used to love Him. But after observing different people's lives, as I already said, I'm developing some anger or a conflict or whatever. I don't get His mysterious ways of solving problems and working out things. Every one around me is getting hurt in one way or another. I stoped praying because it doesn't help anyone.

mimizu said:
bluey said:
I would say that your a christian that hats god,, I see no problem there.
:rolleyes:

Hating god contradicts being a Christian.

I disagree, You can still believe in Christianity and GOD but still hate him for what he is.

Like another person you dislike. You know they exist cos you have spoken to them numerous times but hate there guts for every thing they stand for.

I for one am not convinced there is a GOD tho, I should just point that out hear and Ive not got a vast knowledge on the hole religion thing.

mimizu said:
My personal opinion about this... if god exists (and he probably does), that doesn't mean he has to be our nanny. -_- It doesn't make sense to blame him for being a bad nanny. God doesn't owe anything to you. He doesn't have any obligations to make the world of humans a "good place". Humans are the ones responsible for hurting each other.

But if he is what everyone says in the Bible and ppl that go to church he could stop all that bad stuff from happening RIGHT, Doing nothing is as sometimes bad as doing the bad stuff your self.

If you had a child and it was in pain and you could stop it, Would you not. How could you stand and watch the misery when with one swoop of something that did not even take a lot of effort you could stop it. Of course you would.

I think religion was created eons ago to control the masses. That's just my take on it of course and I do think it makes you a stronger person if you have a believe like that just I do not. And its not something you can make your self believe, is it.

e.m.e. said:
christian defenately...disappointed
well, I actually don't believe in God I know for 100% He is here. I just witnessed stuff that you can't deny or explain logically.I used to love Him. But after observing different people's lives, as I already said, I'm developing some anger or a conflict or whatever. I don't get His mysterious ways of solving problems and working out things. Every one around me is getting hurt in one way or another. I stoped praying because it doesn't help anyone.

So that confused me a bit. Are you saying that you use to believe but now you don't, Oh and btw I use to pray but the same as you nothing ever changed and I still felt in pain and horribly alone so I stopped,

Oh maybe it is GOD that Burt us together on the Internets :p You never know. I can still be open minded to the possibilities in tell its proven one way are the other,, Holed up wont I have to be dead to fined that out,, DOH!!!!

bluey said:
But if he is what everyone says in the Bible and ppl that go to church
If God exists, it doesn't mean that he has to conform to what's written about him in the Bible.

From my studies of the Bible, Torah, and some of Qur'an as well as other related literature, I have gathered that mankind always pushes God away. He only did what we wanted. He left us to work things out ourselves. He left us to our free will, just as we wanted. Sure He could miraculously appear and save all the suffering people, but that would prove He is there, so that would be imposing on our free will. He sent His only Son who was capable of doing great miracles, and what did people do? Execute Him as painfully and brutally as possible for nothing but telling the Truth. If God appeared in the sky and wiped out some natural disaster, people would have no choice but to either believe, or to make up excuses or alternate explanations as people often do. That is what happens to most of the modern day miracles. People can't explain it so they say it was ghosts, aliens, science, nature, fluke, luck, etc. Even in the biblical accounts of God coming and doing things right before peoples eyes, there were people that would rejoice, and there were people that would just harden their hearts and they would make excuses for what they saw. If you have doubts I would recommend you read the books of Job and Ecclesiastes, if for no other reason than academic enlightenment. The first book has God explain His role in this world, the second explains our role in this world. And finally if you want to know how to see the proof of Gods existence, read Genesis. It's all in the Bible, all the answers are there if you just look... many people bash God and the Bible, but how many actually know it personally and have studied it's pages in depth?

bluey said:
So that confused me a bit. Are you saying that you use to believe but now you don't, Oh and btw I use to pray but the same as you nothing ever changed and I still felt in pain and horribly alone so I stopped,

I don't know how to explain this. ok. Knowing that He exists means I do acknowledge His presence and His great power and ability to just turn around someone's life in a second. I'm orthodox so we have icons all over the house I also have tonns of books written by Saints. I know this sounds crazy. So also in church we are thought that God also "knows what He is doing". They also say:" praise God for everything because things only happen for the best"Also heard other people say that He doesn't give you more that you can bear or whatever. But after seeing how many people kill themself I think He is cruel. I mean giving some one fair amount of problems to resolve in life I guess would me normal. But on the other hand when person is suicidal that means they have been really pushed to the limit. I mean in situations like that is it so hard to throw in a miracle or two at least to cheer them up?, no, instead their lives get even harder.
geez...I could just go on and on...

p.s. what does "btw" mean.........
oh I just figured it out "by the way"?
am I genious or what

Lost in the Oilfield said:
He only did what we wanted. He left us to work things out ourselves. He left us to our free will, just as we wanted.
I don't mean to argue with this, all religious world is pointing out "the free will" thing. For some reason unfortunately I doubt it now...how is fate a free will? ok this is crazy...but to sin we don't have a free will because we will be punished. How did Africa choose to suffer from AIDS?
this "free will" crap has been pissing me off for years now...

there were people that would rejoice, and there were people that would just harden their hearts and they would make excuses for what they saw.
I'm sure the suicidal person would defenately rejoice...

I guess there has been a first raw seat reserved for me in hell...lol

Latest posts

Back