My 180 degree turn for the better... Finally...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fender

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm sure the few people that are still here from when I was active on this forum don't remember me, but I wanted to tell everyone that life can get better, cuz trust me mine did and it was incredibly unlikely for it to.

Soooo I joined here in 2008, back when I first started college. I hated my life, I was depressed and suicidal, had a really messed up childhood, and extremely lonely too of course. At that point in my life I had one friend I had recently met at work, he was pretty cool, but also the only friend I had. I had never had a girlfriend, despite many many efforts.

Four years later, I'm still in school, I quit one of my 2 jobs and now have 2 friends. One of them is the same one from 2008, which has turned out to be a great friendship and has taught me a lot in life, primarily it taught me to trust people. And my second friend, is a beautiful girl named Rebekah who is also my girlfriend :). Finally after years of looking for a girl, I found one. She's a girl I met a while back through other friends (she was my old best friends cousin) and we reconnected through Facebook after about 4 years from the time we met and things just fell into place after that. It was a very long distance relationship for the first 7 months but then I moved her to my town after that and she lives near me now.

So to keep the long story short, life seems to suck a lot sometimes but never give up, there really is light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a really long tunnel sometimes. I mean, even now life sucks sometimes, I have plenty of problems to deal with every day but I know I'll get by it. I want to say thank you to everyone here, to the mods and everyone that runs this site, cuz it helped me a lot back in my super lonely days. Also a little tip for everyone out there that has helped me a lot, is make easy to reach goals for yourself and go a little at a time. You have one life to live, so just try your best and live it up!

Latest posts

Back