Lets Be Proactive and Excercise Together for Better Health & Self Improvement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bones

With all of the lonely, low self-esteem, overweight, and depression types of threads for the past couple of weeks, we should be proactive and excercise together for better health & self improvement.

We could provide encouragement for one another and provide quick updates on our progress.

While I do not have words of wisdom and/or typed the most motivational thread ever, it will be a start for all of us implementing an improvement plan with one another.

It would not be a competition since we are all at different levels; but, we could provide feedback and support to one another that could really help.

Would anyone else like to take a personal, self-improvement challenge with me?

Today, after reading all of the previous threads concerning overweight issues and needing to improve myself (for some luck lady in the future :p), I walked for 30 minutes today.

Tomorrow, I plan on increasing it for five minutes and walk a total of 35 minutes (which will have to be done during breaks or lunch at work).

Ah to hell with it, I could certainly do with some self improvement. I'm currently on around 20 cigarettes a day, a fair few units of alcohol a week and need to lose a shedload of weight.

Exercise today? None. Food eaten today? Bad Stuff. I shall next update when I'm off work again in 4 days time, lets see if I can fit anything in over the next few days.

I will be joining you in about 2 weeks, as i am going out of town. I have about 20 pounds to lose, and i need to change my diet to gain some energy.

I'd really like to start eating better. Not so much for some weight loss, but for what Whispers said above... Some energy. I can stay up for hours if I need to or want to, but I want to be able to do so without much effort.

I'm lazy and like candy too much.... (Hmm)

I'll just watch...no no, I'll SUPERVISE :D

If it warms up today, I'll go walking.

I ate a bunch of junk food yesterday, so I know I need to walk it off.

Bones said:
With all of the lonely, low self-esteem, overweight, and depression types of threads for the past couple of weeks, we should be proactive and excercise together for better health & self improvement.

We could provide encouragement for one another and provide quick updates on our progress.

While I do not have words of wisdom and/or typed the most motivational thread ever, it will be a start for all of us implementing an improvement plan with one another.

It would not be a competition since we are all at different levels; but, we could provide feedback and support to one another that could really help.

Would anyone else like to take a personal, self-improvement challenge with me?

Today, after reading all of the previous threads concerning overweight issues and needing to improve myself (for some luck lady in the future :p), I walked for 30 minutes today.

Tomorrow, I plan on increasing it for five minutes and walk a total of 35 minutes (which will have to be done during breaks or lunch at work).

Nah, I don't really have low self esteem and I am the opposite of overweight! :) You go ahead with the exercise without me.

As I'm reading this I'm eating a bag of Lays and drinking Fruit Punch flavored soda... I'm not at a good start lol.

But yeah I'm going to start back into doing exercises.

The best results I ever had of losing weight was incorporating a beer diet when I use to drink back in 2003. I drank my calories instead of eating it because something had to give.
disbelief.gif

The Pariah said:
Ah to hell with it, I could certainly do with some self improvement. I'm currently on around 20 cigarettes a day, a fair few units of alcohol a week and need to lose a shedload of weight. Exercise today? None. Food eaten today? Bad Stuff. I shall next update when I'm off work again in 4 days time, lets see if I can fit anything in over the next few days.

Thanks for considering to join me because I will need support and to change my diet as well. I hope you enjoy your vacation. :)

whispers said:
I will be joining you in about 2 weeks, as i am going out of town. I have about 20 pounds to lose, and i need to change my diet to gain some energy.

Increasing my energy is the main goal for me right now and why I am not counting the miles - simply walking for a specified amount of time. I use to walk faster than everyone else and now people pass me from the parking garage to our office building like I am walking backwards. It was not until I was 40 that I started noticing a huge difference in my energy levels.

VanillaCreme said:
I'd really like to start eating better. Not so much for some weight loss, but for what Whispers said above... Some energy. I can stay up for hours if I need to or want to, but I want to be able to do so without much effort.

How about I walk from here to there and bring you a brownie? I will get a lot of exercise, you get your candy, and you can be the overlord of us all by cracking your whip & making sure we all keep to our game plan. :p

Callie said:
I'm lazy and like candy too much.... (Hmm) I'll just watch...no no, I'll SUPERVISE :D

****, I keep forgetting it is winter since it has been so warm the past couple of months. After starting yesterday, I caught myself wanting a candy bar today. More likely than not, I probably eat a couple of things a day that I should not and adds to the waistline. Habits are hard to break.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
If it warms up today, I'll go walking. I ate a bunch of junk food yesterday, so I know I need to walk it off.

Something tells me you will be going tomorrow. ;)

Peter Lorre said:
I'll go to the gym today!

I miss those days for myself. From 1980 to 1986, I ran ten miles before school, attended band, soccer, track, and/or tennis practice, and ran ten miles before going to bed. After tearing all of my ligaments in my knee in 86 and again in 89, I was never the same and could never really run again without risking another injury.

ronery said:
Nah, I don't really have low self esteem and I am the opposite of overweight! :) You go ahead with the exercise without me.

I have the same problem of snacking (normally on habanero almonds) and did not realize it until the past couple of days. Anyway, it is great you are going to get back into exercise.

Ghost Boy said:
As I'm reading this I'm eating a bag of Lays and drinking Fruit Punch flavored soda... I'm not at a good start lol. But yeah I'm going to start back into doing exercises.

:cool:

Peter Lorre said:
Ok... I'm going tomorrow!!!

Today, twenty-five minutes of walking, two slim jims, a handfull of habanero almonds, and three ounces of flamming hot fries - the diet of champions. :D

Brownies, candy and whips... Count me in :D

Bones said:
How about I walk from here to there and bring you a brownie? I will get a lot of exercise, you get your candy, and you can be the overlord of us all by cracking your whip & making sure we all keep to our game plan. :p

Callie said:
I'm lazy and like candy too much.... (Hmm) I'll just watch...no no, I'll SUPERVISE :D

Whips, *whip* cream, and/or both? :p
excited.gif
:p

<----Bones runs for cover and hides.

Callie said:

Bones said:

Callie said:

Both, of course.

Bones said:
Whips, *whip* cream, and/or both? :p
excited.gif
:p

<----Bones runs for cover and hides.

Callie said:

Bones said:

Callie said:

I went for 30 minute walk last evening. Felt good. I'm going to go again tonight.

Baby steps lol.

Last month I exercised for 30 days straight. This month I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week. I have no idea how I'm doing this, but I am, and it feels pretty okay. I'll cheer for anyone who'll attempt to make a lifestyle change for the better. :)

Still need to work on eating more healthy, though. (wary)

Equinox said:
Last month I exercised for 30 days straight. This month I've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week. I have no idea how I'm doing this, but I am, and it feels pretty okay. I'll cheer for anyone who'll attempt to make a lifestyle change for the better. :)

Still need to work on eating more healthy, though. (wary)

Gimme all your candy, that will help :D

Latest posts

Back