I'm not sure what to do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnybravo

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is going to be a long post so please bear with me.
So I met this girl through my ex-girlfriend 4-5 years back and we started talking a lot over the phone for quite sometime. We talked over the phone about how our lives were going and we would continue having great conversations all night long about random things. We pretty much became really good friends, she told me about her problems she was dealing with and I'd help her get through it. The only thing is we live in different states (about a 6 hour drive), but I found her to be a really cool person to talk to. Alright, so as we continued talking I guess she started developing feeling for me. She told me one day on the phone that she really liked me and I responded by saying "if we weren't living in different states I would've asked you out a long time ago." She responded by saying that she wished that I was by her so we could cuddle and I could keep her warm. The thing is I didn't want to deal with a long distance relationship so I wasn't to keen to saying that I liked her to. It's true that I developed feelings for her but that's only because we had so many things in common. I found her to be an amazin person who I could say anything to, and we always had great chemistry when we talked. After she told me she liked me she stopped calling me for a few weeks, I think she felt really awkward about the whole thing because she was also confused to why she developed feelings for me.

So after hearing that she liked me, and not paying attention to the fact that I haven't talked to her in a few weeks, I made a trip down to the state that she lived in. I met up with her, her sister, and her friend but it turned out that when we finally met she became extremely shy and shelled off, pretty much ignoring me. I spent most of my time just talking to her friend and her sister, but when it was time for me to leave she finally came up to me and asked me how my drive was down there. I was pretty pissed at her so I told her "it was a pretty **** drive down here" and I got in my car and drove back home. Her sister told me she made her feel like **** for ignoring me and etc. but I didn't care. I was pissed that she told me she liked me but when I finally met her she barley uttered a word to me. But time has passed since then and we started talking again. She apologized for the incident and told me that she gets really shy at times. I could see where she was coming from since she told me a lot of things about her life that she has never told anyone else and when she finally met me she had a sudden rush of fear that made her really shy?

We made this little thing where if we both weren't married by 25 we'd both marry each other. I thought she was being sarcastic about it but now I'm thinking she really meant it. We recently started skyping each other so we can actually talk face to face now. But the thing is I feel like this whole thing is really weird. Like I don't know how she is in person, how can I have feelings for someone who I've only known over the phone/computer. She's a great and beautiful person, but I just find our relationship a little strange. What do you guys think?

p.s. thanks for reading this! :)

johnybravo said:
We made this little thing where if we both weren't married by 25

25?

What the fresia, man.

Doesn't that seem a little young for a last-ditch, "let's marry each other" arrangement like that?

Yeah I would move it to at least 35. But either way it will be hard to have a long distance relationship so you need to think about that.

Did you tell her you were going to visit her? If not I think it would have been a bit of a shock to suddenly see this person who you have only known as a voice on the end of a phone turn up in person.

I think you both would have to put quite a lot of effort into developing a more personal relationship for this to work, but maybe it will, who knows?
I wish you all the best my friend anyway.

In a lonely place said:
Did you tell her you were going to visit her? If not I think it would have been a bit of a shock to suddenly see this person who you have only known as a voice on the end of a phone turn up in person.

I think you both would have to put quite a lot of effort into developing a more personal relationship for this to work, but maybe it will, who knows?
I wish you all the best my friend anyway.

Well the thing is I tried talking to her before I came but we didn't really talk much besides a few txts over the phone. The reason why I think this happened was because she felt really awkward after she told me she had feelings for me since the whole thing was weird because we didn't know how to act in the situation.

Also, I told her that we should get married if we were both single by 35 but she was like "noooo if we're both single when we're 25 then we should just get together"

We also had another conversation where I told her sarcastically that if I got married to someone else what would she do? She responded by saying we'd have an affair, and her husband would have an affair with my wife. lol, but yeah man I think she really likes me a lot.

Latest posts

Back