your own driving force?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kristen

hi, guys.Kisses&hugs to all.
what is your personal driving force in life? What makes you want to get up and go on? When all your dreams are crushed and you think you'll never make it, what or who gives you the strength to continue doing what you do?
What do you do to cheer urself up and lift up your mood when u feel like sh** but must put ur feelings aside to do what you have to do? What do you think makes you stronger?weaker?holds you back?pushes forward?

in short my question is what do you tell yourself when u don't have any desire to function but it's vital that u dont stop. Somthing that might sound like:
" No, I must do this, because ___________________" <<<---fill in the blank

I read that people here can't wait for weekend to end so that on Monday they could talk to their co-workers and stuff.

the situation here is totally the oposite
tomorrow's Monday.But the person wishes that weekend lasted for f**** ever.
Doesn't want to hear or have anything to do with the outside world, basicly fears upcoming Monday.

thanks

Well for waking up, food, that nasty feeling in my mouth for not opening it for 8-12 hours, boredom. As for doing things I just learn for the fun of gaining new knowledge and not being a vegetable. Who doesnt grow in anyway when my mind is the most important thing to me as I spend so much time with it.

e.m.e said:
what is your personal driving force in life? What makes you want to get up and go on? When all your dreams are crushed and you think there is no hope, what or who gives you the strength to continue doing what you do?
faith in my own strength gives me strength. & never letting go of hope is a crucial part of that
e.m.e said:
What do you do to cheer urself up and lift up your mood when u feel like .... but must put ur feelings aside to do what you have to do? What do you think makes you stronger?
knowing of & remembering my own strength by remembering all of the things ive overcome in life

thanks
frey12 said:
As for doing things I just learn for the fun of gaining new knowledge and not being a vegetable.
what about (I hope it never happens) when you don't care about knowledge and no fun about next day makes u happy. Like total apathy.
What would u tell person who's in this condition everyday in fron't of ur eyes?

NewBirth said:
faith in my own strength gives me strength. & never letting go of hope is a crucial part of that

knowing of & remembering my own strength by remembering all of the things ive overcome in life
cool

...that if I'm forced to live this life, which I was not prior consulted about, I'm going to make the best of it every day.

Hmm trying to think how to describe what drives me. Pretty much I would have to either say anger or hate. Now I have to explain this pretty much what that means is I am motivated to do well so I can prove to everyone that has ever thought I couldn't make it or has talked down to me. Anymore I like to do well in school just so I can make other people look stupid at work I tend to work harder then everyone so I can pretty much say and do anything I like to everyone else.

Oh and yes I know how messed up my thinking it but it is how I think.

My driving force(s) are my kids. I had my first at 17 and was driven to prove to everyone that I could do it. Now that I'm older I have nothing left to prove. The only reason I get up in the morning is to take care of them.

I guess in some small part of me there is something that tells me I am more than just this simple person. That I have things to discover and learn. That drives me some. Knowing that something better may lay ahead in the future.

Latest posts

Back