Soundwave 2012 Festival

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMaul

Reaction score
I've never been to a music festival before, and the only other live show I've seen is Marilyn Manson in 09, but today I got to see Coal Chamber and I got into the pit there and was jumping all around. The crowd was going absolutely ballistic, and I even saw one rather thin looking girl in the pit circle absolutely wrecking honeysuckle up with some of the big lads bull-charging one another. It was just great fun to see people in their element and not caring. Just having a **** good time.
I went and got a spot right up the front to see Manson, he was off his face on something...utterly wrecked. But that only made it even more awesome! You want to hear the songs played perfectly, go throw on a CD. This was for the atmosphere! He fell over and injured his rib...maybe fractured he thought. Either way he was in obvious pain for the rest of the set and it was a real bummer. I hope he gets over his injury. It was a fun gig full of old favorites. He poured out a canister of what may or may not have been cocaine onto his hand and offered it to the water-girl who licked it off haha. After that I was well wrecked from two solid sets back to back. So I went and found a friend and sat down to watch Slipknot, which was actually a wise choice since their visual show was amazing.

Slipknot are forever sinister, and bring back old memories from my early teenage years of the old anti-world angst. They pulled a really cool bunch of stunts ranging from the clown's rising drum-kit of kegs to massive balls of fire blasting from the stage and explosive canisters of glitter confetti. Their crowd surfer dude climbed a two storey sound-deck and dived into the crowd, and was then carried back to the stage.
Joey Jordison's entire drum kit ******* lifted up on a revolving stage...and as if that wasn't enough - it tilted sideways and he was still strapped to the disc-stage, playing it as it turned vertically!

After that System of a Down. Which was just...amazing. So many memories and moods shifting through their show and so much energy. They don't appear to have aged a day.
I was still a little lonely, but I feel a bit better about it now that I know that I'm not as alone as I might think sometimes.

Sounds like a great show.

Sweet!

I love going to music concerts. Maul, check out the list of bands/artists I've seen live in the entertainment thread. I think the list was around 40, and most of those were from 2009 onwards.

One of my favorite concert experiences, and you probably like this band as well...Iron Maiden in 2010! Honestly one of the best ******* concerts I've ever been to. Paul McCartney almost topped it, but Maiden had so much energy and were jumping around on stage like they were in their 20's, not their 50's. They played for almost 3 hours straight, too.

I used to own a couple Slipknot albums on my iTunes, but they've long since disappeared. I think I had a Coal Chamber album at one point, too. I always liked them for covering that Peter Gabriel album, "Shock The Monkey", with Ozzy...huge Peter and Black Sabbath fan, and I thought they did the song justice.

Latest posts

Back