Being single sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
Being a girl, and being single sucks. I see these girls with their boyfriends and I'm like, I want that. The only thing is that I refuse to date someone who just wants sex. Thay why I'm single.

Well you'll have to tell the difference between the guys that honestly care and those who don't. Keep searching...

I have girl friends and they all have different approaches to the situation. Some, more conservative, keep looking for that special man. Others, actively go to clubs and have casual sex (not always tough, they're not hoes). This is better in my opinion since you'll meet more man. Is harder tough.

I have had those types of feelings before; and my desire to wait at least three months before having sex, normally backfired on me in my teens, 20s, and 30s.

SignedSierraLynn said:
Being a girl, and being single sucks. I see these girls with their boyfriends and I'm like, I want that. The only thing is that I refuse to date someone who just wants sex. Thay why I'm single.

I'm generally a fairly sex-oriented person, as in I really enjoy it and see it as an important aspect within a normal relationship. I probably could share the sack after a first date, but I don't need to either, far from. Despite that back in the days, I got together with a girl who hadn't had sex yet and was uncomfortable with sharing herself that way. I 'waited' a year and a half for that, some people called me crazy. Thing is it never felt like actual waiting because I loved her and for some reason that was enough.

I don't think that will happen again though. If a girl my age still feels insecure about sex, she probably isn't the right girl for me anyway.

I get more accomplished as a single woman. :(

Weird, I guess. But it's more that any person I find to let in my life seems to drag me down. No one seems to want to do anything but be "along for the ride", I end up taking care of them and hating myself. I lose interest in life, sex, caring for myself really. It does get lonely, sorta. But I've always found more companion ability between Mama Nature and her non-car driving animals.

Though being brought up with Disney. I always dream of the one person that I can spend every moment with and never feel time pass. Not sure if I'm willing to give that dream up, I don't like settling. It's like a death sentence.

Being single does not suck. Sure I want a girlfriend, but even though other 16 year old guys aren't virgins and have already had relationships, and I haven't; that doesn't make me inferior than them in any way, in fact it makes me superior.

Don't worry about it. Keep looking.

So what is it about being single, other than the obvious, that you dislike so much? I.e. what do you think having a boyfriend would change?

I’ve spent the past couple of weeks enjoying my singleness, I can eat what I want, I can finish all those work projects, I can go places without having to be mindful of another person etc. Being single isn’t a death sentence just like being with someone isn’t an instant cure-all.

I think a lot of girls confuse guys that want sex as part of a relationship with guys that only want sex. Either way, good luck to you.

how can you really know a guy just wants to have sex with you when you haven't gone out with any of them in the first place?

I apologize to all males for this thread. I associated all men with the men that I have gone out with that have just wanted sex to all men because it was what I was used to. I didn't want to be hurt or used so I was just ignorant and I closed my mind to men because of my assumption. I'm sorry.

Being single does suck, but it has its perks. At least I don't have to deal with anybody else's issues...I have my own.

LoneKiller said:
Being a couple is too expensive.

Yeah. Relationships and marriage would be really costly. Especially when it would come to starting a family. Expenses are definitely something to be taken into careful consideration before total committment to any of those.

I suppose it's cheaper just to live single.

At the moment I'm only looking for sex (I'm a guy), but if I find someone I like more I'd stay committed. However, I'd say amongst the guys I'm around at social events and school, I'm in the minority. Being single doesn't suck either, just depends on how you look at it. The fact that you want a boyfriend (given what little information you've given) IMO makes it seem like you just want someone to reassure you about things like self esteem, problems....etc. You should be comfortable with yourself and independent, because men will come and go in your life, and no one other than yourself (and family, and in the future a husband) should look after you.

SignedSierraLynn said:

There are guys out there who want more than just sex.

Sex is an easily obtainable thing now in society..

But that love..that feeling of waking up to someone so worth it. Spending your days and nights cherishing every moment with them. Living through sunny days and crying together through rainy nights.. With every moment of the now, you think about the one you love and say to yourself "I'm glad I have him/her".

That there is so very hard to obtain.

Latest posts

Back