Masturbation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
Why is it so shameful? Of course, you don't go around telling people, "Huh huh, yeah dude, I totally masturbated last night." But why does it have to be so shameful? Why do people look at it as disgust when they know they do it themselves? It's healthy! It's a great stress and anxiety reliever. Also, it's good to discover your sexuality and to discover what you like sexually and what you get the most pleasure from. I do not go and tell people what I do in privacy but I will not live in shame about it. Neither should anyone else. And the best thing about it? It's fun!!

I don't think it's so shameful as much as it is that people like to keep some things private.

VanillaCreme said:
I don't think it's so shameful as much as it is that people like to keep some things private.

Of course thato it is a private matter. No one should go broadcasting what they do in privacy but some people are ashamed about it and are taught to be ashamed about it. I'm just stating that it's not something to be ashamed about.

yes i think it has become ok to masterbate, but something that needs to be kept private, like all other sexual activities. I know that in older generations it was a sin to masturbate, so they were raised thinking they were bad if they did it, that they were perverts. I think this way of thinking is almost extinct, depends in what family you were brought up i guess.

SignedSierraLynn said:
VanillaCreme said:

Of course thato it is a private matter. No one should go broadcasting what they do in privacy but some people are ashamed about it and are taught to be ashamed about it. I'm just stating that it's not something to be ashamed about.

Whether it is shameful or sinful is prolly up for debate in a lot of the religious circles. to the misfortune of everybody else, religion still rages strong here in america. for anyone who is following the republican presidential nomination process, you can see what I'm talking about. social issues such as contraception, homosexuality, and other things are paramount to so many of these people.

I wouldn't feel comfortable freely discussing it, but then again I don't really like sharing any part of my sexuality with people. I worry that people look at me like I'm a pervert if I do, even though our culture is hyper-sexualized now.

Agreed

I tell people I masturbate. Right after a handshake, that's the perfect timing :p

Masturbation_c_49.jpg

Well, "dude" I didn't post this for people to talk about. I was just pretty much posting it as a reference to what is private but not shameful. Apparently SophiaGrace, you did not read it correctly.

SignedSierraLynn said:
Well, "dude" I didn't post this for people to talk about. I was just pretty much posting it as a reference to what is private but not shameful. Apparently SophiaGrace, you did not read it correctly.

Then why post something about masterbation if you don't want people to talk about it? I'm sure Sophia read it correctly and was just stating that everyone does it. I'm not ashamed of it. I do it every day. Something that we have been made with that is pleasurable shouldn't be shameful.

I meant talking about it as in I didn't post that for people to talk about masturbation in their personal life. The way I just worded that was my mistake.

SignedSierraLynn said:
I meant talking about it as in I didn't post that for people to talk about masturbation in their personal life. The way I just worded that was my mistake.

So you wanted us to say whether or not we think it's shameful? Or that we think people who do it should be ashamed? I need clarification :)

Hoffy said:
I do it every day.

I think everybody had guessed that by now. You are hornier than a Billy Goat after all :p

I also do it everyday.

Just think how crap LDRs would be without masturbation. There'd be no Cyber sex, Phone sex, PM sex...

I apologize if this thread or these posts offend anyone. I should have been more clear of what I was saying. I didn't post this for people to talk about masturbation in their personal life. That would be very disrespectful and rude. I was just stating that some people feel uncomfortable with sexualitu. I was just stating that it's not weird, shameful, or disgusting. It's perfectly healthy and they shouldn't feel disgusted for doing it. I apologize if someone interpreted it wrong because of my unclearity.

Latest posts

Back