Three Weeks of Isolation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Drifter

Reaction score
Tomorrow I embark on a self-imposed three weeks of isolation from the world and I can’t wait. After work I’ll pick up food supplies, my laptop and a few books amongst other things, then cycle to a remote cottage I’m renting out in the middle of nowhere for three weeks of…well…I’m not sure what. I’ve done something similar before but just for a week so this time I really want to see how I cope psychologically as well as emotionally. I’ve made myself a tight schedule to keep active, lots of early morning runs through the forests and will limit my online time to two hours but I’m looking forward to living off the land and escaping the inane nonsense that comes with modern life. I know I’ll get lonely, my nearest neighbour/shop will be a two hour walk away but I’m pretty much on my own now other than work so it shouldn’t be too much of a leap to eliminate that as well. This is a test I’ve been curious to undertake for quite some time now, I’m both excited and scared to be left alone with my thoughts but want to reconnect with me again.

So if you were isolated for any significant amount of time what would you want to do?

I would like to do that sometime. Go to some log cabin in the middle of the forest, near a peaceful river and live with nature. Short vacation, I'll probably go mad without technology if I stay more than a few weeks lol. :cool:

I'd pretty much relax if I were there. I wish you luck Lost Drifter! Have fun and tell us how it went. :D

PS: They say spending a lot of time alone can be really "inspirational".

Ak5 said:
I would like to do that sometime. Go to some log cabin in the middle of the forest, near a peaceful river and live with nature. Short vacation, I'll probably go mad without technology if I stay more than a few weeks lol. :cool:

I'd pretty much relax if I were there. I wish you luck Lost Drifter! Have fun and tell us how it went. :D

You just wanna be alone so you could spank the monkey in peace haha

Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

Are you projecting?

That sounds really, really cool.

I'd want to just use that time to work out, sit with my thoughts, chill out with absolutely zero pressure on me. That'd be my idea of heaven actually!

Maybe I will arrange a similar trip for myself when my studies are over.

I'd bring some books... Good luck Lost Drifter... I hope you don't feel too lonley (I know I would).

I'd hate to be alone for that length of time. I feel alone enough already. I couldn't live off the land myself so 'hats off' to you for that!
But if I was isolated I'd workout, commune with nature and think about who was really important to me in my life and vow to put them first when I return to civilisation.

Ak5 said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

Are you projecting?

Good one! Definitely "touché".

Ak5 said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

Are you projecting?

:'(

Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

Are you projecting?

awww poor Mike

don't worry, let's get you a hooker :p

that should put your problems behind.

for a while at least!

Felix said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:

Are you projecting?

awww poor Mike

for a while at least!
Fine let's go. But she better be a brunette

Mikey193 said:
Felix said:
Mikey193 said:
Ak5 said:
Mikey193 said:

Are you projecting?

awww poor Mike

for a while at least!
Fine let's go. But she better be a brunette

no problem

but you buy the drinks after we'e done :cool:

I hope that it all goes well for you and that you enjoy time with nature!

If I had the internet to use from time to time I'd be fine I bet. Nature is awesome and relaxing so that would be pretty cool. Not sure how I'd feel afterwards having to come back to real life though... after 3 weeks. It might be a small challenge..or... I might be wanting to visit every person I know lol.

Sounds like an excellent plan, Lost Drifter. I might do the same but for a day at a rocky coast. Lots of people need isolation at times. It's good for the mind.

If its by a lake or river, I think I'd be fine fine spending 3 weeks fishing all day. Sounds like an adventure, I hope you learn something about your self.

Latest posts

Back