Favorite Anime or Manga

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaetic

Reaction score
I tend to go back and forth from different genres and I just got back in the mood to watch some anime and start sketching again. Looking for something new, any suggestions?

My favorites are:

Movies
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
Metropolis
One Piece Movies

Shows
One Piece
Death Note
Trigun
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ouran HSC
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
Clannad (did not expect to like this one)

My favorite show is Sands of Destruction. I love the bear in it XD

Woot it's on hulu :) That bear is pretty adorable. Ty, I'd never heard of this show before. :) Looks good.

My favorite is probably Full metal panic!

I don't generally get Japanese comedy but the show makes me chuckle. Plus it has something for everyone. Action, Romance, Comedy, Mecha, Slice of Life..

Films:
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Sword of the Stranger
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
My Neighbour Tottoro
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Appleseed
Voices of a Distant Star
To

Television:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Gundam Zeta
Gundam 0089: Stardust Memories

Manga:
Ghost in the Shell (again)
Appleseed
Lone Wolf and Cub
GTO

In films Mononoke Hime, Totoro, Revolutionary Girl Utena.

In series Evangelion, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya, GTO, Azumanga Daioh.

In manga Junji Ito's works, Battle Royale, Ogenki Clinic.

Limlim said:
My favorite is probably Full metal panic!

I don't generally get Japanese comedy but the show makes me chuckle. Plus it has something for everyone. Action, Romance, Comedy, Mecha, Slice of Life..

Lol, yeah I get lost on some of their comedy too. They really seem to like puns. :) Just watched the first couple episodes of this. I think I may be hooked. :)

Heh, my favorite since I was a kid has been Pokemon. And that's literally it! My favorite up to this time. I don't watch a lot of anime, probably could start to watch more. ;)

I don't watch Anime but my Girlfriend does. She watches Demon King Daimao, Sands of Destruction, High School of the Dead, Bravo Girls and Corpse Princess.

You might want to check them out :)

Ak5 said:
Heh, my favorite since I was a kid has been Pokemon. And that's literally it! My favorite up to this time. I don't watch a lot of anime, probably could start to watch more. ;)

I never was into anime. I hated dragon ball z :(. But Pokemon was ******* amazing haha.

I've never actually watched pokemon. :) My nephews seem to love the video game though. Is it like Yugi-oh?

Thanks Pezza I've seen some of those titles on netflix, was on the fence about watching them though. I will check it out. :)

i am really picky when it comes to anime. i cant get into that over the top goofy kind where they overreact to stuff or get symbols above their heads. and i dont particularly care for the high school setting either. or those ones that feel like its just an excuse to have a bunch of teenage looking girls with huge breasts run around half naked. also, nothing with tentacle rape. so that probably cuts out about 75% of anime for me, lol. with that being said i like:

cowboy bebop
blue gender
berserk
spirited away
vexille
ghost in the shell (movie only)
akira
ninja scroll
vampire hunter d
hellsing (what ive seen of it anyway, which is only a few episodes)
the girl that leapt through time
origin: spirits of the past
voices of a distant star

i also got about halfway through claymore and lost interest. i tried another called ergo proxy that i REALLY liked... until they left the city. then eventually it got to this point where people were doing what im going to refer to as "going super saiyan." the same thing happened in claymore, it went on this thing about "awakened beings" and they were basically hulking out to become super saiyans. this seems to be a common theme in anime and it reminds me too much of dragonball Z which i didnt really care for. its too over the top or in the case of ergo proxy, completely out of nowhere. atleast to me it was since the entire series before that happened was about androids and artificial intelligence living with people in what appeared to be the last city among an apocalyptic wasteland.

if anyone has any good recommendations of anime for me based on what i said i dont really care for, please let me know. i really lean towards sci-fi anime as opposed to like martial/ninja/whatever else you want to call it anime.

or those ones that feel like its just an excuse to have a bunch of teenage looking girls with huge breasts run around half naked.
... Yes... That would be bad. Glad I don't know anyone like that. >.>

edgecrusher said:
if anyone has any good recommendations of anime for me based on what i said i dont really care for, please let me know. i really lean towards sci-fi anime as opposed to like martial/ninja/whatever else you want to call it anime.

See my list on the first page but I'd also add in:

The Sky Crawlers
Steamboy
Robotech
Macross Plus
Tales From Earthsea
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Patlabor (movies)
Spriggan
IGPX Immortal Grand Prix
Planetes

And if your brave enough...Grave of the Fireflies and Barefoot Gen. Not sci-fi but both very adult in themes.

My current favorite is My Hero Academia. It's the only one I currently watch. It would be kind of difficult to list my favorites over the years but Naruto was good but I stopped watching because the War of the Nations thing went on and on. Tokyo Ghoul was awesome, I wish it could have gone on longer.

The devil is a part timer, Saiki K, Gintama, Blue Exorcist, Any and all Studio Ghibli/Studio Ponocc films, Etc

Anything by Makoto Shinkai. Momaru Hosoda is good but Shinkai is the GOAT. Satoshi Kon makes cool interesting movies too.

The classics. (Bebop, Trigun, DBZ, Gundam, .hack, NGE, YuYuHakusho, Kenshin, FLCL, Wolf's Rain)

Personal Favorites:
Welcome to the NHK
Genshiken
Paranoia Agent
Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyze
Berserk
Toradora
Eureka 7
Abenobashi 
EF 
Kill La Kill

I've been out of the anime loop for a while. I keep up with the big ones that come around but that's about it.

For fun:
[youtube]-uYmKfteXig[/youtube]
[youtube]t5y4nQ5Y1V8[/youtube]
[youtube]MJmK5SOeQBc[/youtube]
[youtube]Z19QTGvwg9I[/youtube]

Animes:
(Japanese only, no dubs, expect maybe SG)

Shakugan no Shana 1-3 (and I guess everything else)
S-CRY-ed
Speed Grapher
Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
Elemental Gelade
Yu Yu Hakusho
Watamote
FMA:B

Manga:
Berserk
All You Need is Kill
Fullmetal Alchemist
Watamote

Second tier (Good, but not great):

Ushio and Tora (anime or manga)
Rurouni Kenshin (generally manga)
Samurai 7
Law of Ueki
Outlaw Star
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Yu-Gi-Oh (original manga story only, not any spinoff/side/sequel stuff)

Crunchyroll or Funimation subscription?
I feel like watching some anime again. Anyone have an opinion on a good streaming service?

... I mean Besides Netflix

Latest posts

Back