I get so depressed....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMonkè

Reaction score
when I realize there is no escape.

the internet is a double edge sword.
on one hand it gives people the ability to share ideas/connect and ensure a democratic society.
on the other hand, it gives coporations and governments unprecedented abilities to monitor, track, and in some cases, control your every move

and its getting more dangerous as the internet is increasingly intertwined in our daily lives. and becomes a bigger and bigger target for corporations to "regulate"

no matter where I turn, it seems that in one way or another, large corporations are seeking control over internet as they have with other media outlets. from the SOPA/PIPA/ACTA to ISPs illegal business practices.

EXAMPLE: I live in Canada, where there are only 2 main internet providers. Rogers and Bell. They have the ability to monitor and throttle internet usage on a whim. and consumers have no option but to take it. some of the business practices are down right illegal in any other industry. but they can do whatever they want to me as long as I want internet from them.
- The CRTC is a branch of government that is supposed to be protecting consumer rights but has ruled against consumer interests time and time again.

When I consider this along with all the other shenanigans that I see. I feel so depressed.
There's nothing that I can do.
I want the world to be in peace and prosperous.
and above all, to be free.

Being monitored all the time is an act against freedom for everyone not just for criminals. you may think that if you are clean and have nothing to hide, you will be safe.

but on the flip side. you are forced to comply to rules of a crooked game just to consider yourself clean. a game where they can increase prices, restrict access, and control your behaviours all to satisfy their addiction to greed. and the rules keep changing... sooner or later... you may find yourself not so clean...

A company's sole purpose is to maximize profits for shareholders. if you are the only game in town that provides an essential service like the internet, legal business practices can be ignored, along with peoples' rights and freedoms.

any push for freedom will be crushed by this crooked system. people with power will keep that power at any cost. issues can always be spun and argued another way - even when laws have been broken. and people developing power who once fought for freedom can always be bought out or assassinated as terrorists...

Am I naive to want to live in a free world? or maybe I just convinced myself of a false reality again....
growing up has been hard on me... Its so hard to let go of childish expectations... if only I knew how I should fight.... im just so clueless.. what is right and what is wrong? Im sad I dont even know how to differentiate the two...

maybe im just complaining because Im poor. on the loosing end of the game. it seems the higher you climb, the less complaints you have of the system.. guess i better shut up and get back to work...

There are days where i feel that we are controled by all these big companies, they have made themselves indespensable, and now we have to pay big bucks...., If only i had money to set up solar pannels, eelctricity companies have too much power, here in canada, they are even involved in the govermment. Then i think the best thing i can do is work my way to independance, i keep a close connection to nature, because i beleive someday everything will crash and we will be back to basics...and wow some people will feel handicaped.

we need to go back to nature not as a source of energy but inspiration to be sustainable.
the result of the human race should be none of my concern... ill never live to see that day.

but I've made a commitment to avoid my usual distractions for a while... at least until I see the progress I've set for myself..

unfortunately, that includes a lot of things I love... youtube, games, and forums such as this....

hope everyone has fun in the sun until my work is done.

I agree with whispers, eventually we'll have to go 'back to nature', at least to some degree...

MadMonke, is it that bad the situation in Canada? I tought it was better. I only know what happened in the g20, that was bad... Also the situation in the tar sands.

Everything is a double edged sword... Life is a paradox that creates itself and cancels itself out. God is Love.

I'm surprised the internet has remained this free...

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson.

2 internet providers? In the small town I live in we have 5.

Monke, you're worrying about stuff that is beyond your control. I know it's irritating, I recently had a lengthy conversation with a customer about our messed up government/justice system. Thing is unless you are in a position of power or influence there isn't much you can do about it. Worry about it only causes undue stress, unless you want to get into politics and try to make change.

Lets see.. theres Bell with DSL and Rogers with Cable.
all other providers are resellers... who are under the rules that these 2 companies make up.

you have 5? laddy dah... lol jk i envy you...

its true... stressing over things out of my control is a route to insanity... this monkey is mad.

phaedron... man... i agree with everything you just said...
i take life too seriously thats my problem... or not serious enough... either way its a problem lol

Take whatever you want and leave the rest.
Ignorant is Blizt.
There's crap load of ingredents in the kicthen.
I can choose to bake my cake anyway i want and dont have to use everything.
If I complain about hot sauce becuase I dont like hot hot suace,
It going to end up in my cake.lmao

The more I complian about something....the more I draw it to me
or it's a part of my consiousness and awearness...good, bad, right or wrong.

Example...if I say DON'T think about MONEY.
You will see money or money will come into your awearness or consiousness.lmao
"Dont run"....you'll fucken wanna run.

If you mention PROBLEMS.....you're mind will draw data or informations
to support PROBLEMS.lmao

My mind is like midas...it turns everything into gold and grows and grows.

What you wanna do is think about blondes with big boobs:p
You gatta see yourself with a hot blonde with big boobs.
Feel the boobs...Be at one with the boobs.
Be in the moment and presence of the boobs. Go with the flow with the boobs.
Be gratful and appriciative of the boobs.
Be in harmony with the boobs
Feel the good positive vibration of the boobs and watch them grow and grow and grow.lmao
FOCUS!!!!!!!!

Seriously though.....
If you have the power to create or image all the negative honeysuckle into your consiousness,
surely you have the power to create positive thoughts and feelings. It's neutrual.
It's just simple reconditioning of how we habitually think.
See yourself as being happy. See yourself in joy, peace, love and abundance.
See yourself with freinds and family. See yourself as being healthy and well.
See yourself laughing and smiling.
Paint your mind with happy thoughts and feelings. Your perceptions of life.
We experince life through our own perceptions. It still comes back to.... Its a self fulfilling prophecy.
Ourself esteem, self worth is how we feel see and feel about ourselves.

Felix said:
I agree with whispers, eventually we'll have to go 'back to nature', at least to some degree...

MadMonke, is it that bad the situation in Canada? I tought it was better. I only know what happened in the g20, that was bad... Also the situation in the tar sands.

Ahem,

I live in Canada as well- the "situation" here is not bad, in fact I feel quite fortunate to be a resident of such an amazing country.

Is it perfect- no. But compared to most other countries I think it's pretty damned amazing here. We are resource rich, have amazing talent be it art, industry, technology, athletics, etc?, and our standard of living is pretty dam good.

Do NOT ***** about this country and what you see as "limitations", the limitation comes from you. My philosophy- if you don't like it don't buy it, contribute to change, or leave! Very simple choices!

As far as the tar-sands comment- it might not be the ideal situation but the sensationalism in the media usually fails to mention that there is an environmental reclamation component to resource extraction in Canada. I work at a mine and before permits can be obtained to do exploration and development of resource rich sites there is an environmental study done and a plan submitted to reclaim the land. It wasn't always that way but we're doing it now. It pisses me off how mainstream media often neglects to mention the positive when it comes to resources- I guess that's sensationalism for you.

I am a PROUD CANADIAN!

Lonely in BC said:
Felix said:

Ahem,

I live in Canada as well- the "situation" here is not bad, in fact I feel quite fortunate to be a resident of such an amazing country.

Is it perfect- no. But compared to most other countries I think it's pretty damned amazing here. We are resource rich, have amazing talent be it art, industry, technology, athletics, etc?, and our standard of living is pretty dam good.

Do NOT ***** about this country and what you see as "limitations", the limitation comes from you. My philosophy- if you don't like it don't buy it, contribute to change, or leave! Very simple choices!

As far as the tar-sands comment- it might not be the ideal situation but the sensationalism in the media usually fails to mention that there is an environmental reclamation component to resource extraction in Canada. I work at a mine and before permits can be obtained to do exploration and development of resource rich sites there is an environmental study done and a plan submitted to reclaim the land. It wasn't always that way but we're doing it now. It pisses me off how mainstream media often neglects to mention the positive when it comes to resources- I guess that's sensationalism for you.

I am a PROUD CANADIAN!

Ok, take it easy champ ;)

I tought so, seems like a great country to live in. Even amazing as you say.

The tar sands are a environmental disaster. But that happens in a lot of countries, if not all... Sure, you might get some resources for a while but what will be left is the destruction of soil, water and the health and well being of the living species. Both animal, plant and human... There are many cases of cancer related to the pollution of the water in the small villages by the lakes. It's bad.

Lonesome Crow said:
What you wanna do is think about blondes with big boobs:p
You gatta see yourself with a hot blonde with big boobs.
Feel the boobs...Be at one with the boobs.
Be in the moment and presence of the boobs. Go with the flow with the boobs.
Be gratful and appriciative of the boobs.
Be in harmony with the boobs
Feel the good positive vibration of the boobs and watch them grow and grow and grow.lmao
FOCUS!!!!!!!!

Nice! :D
I wanna be one with the boobs too!!!

but

What about...

THE ASS?????? o_o

ROFLMAO out loud!
thats great crow.. beautiful imagery and lesson. thanks. I will take it to heart and will have it as my wallpaper until I can repeat it in my sleep. lol

I love Canada too, dont get me wrong... beautiful and diverse in landscape and people!
I wasnt so much complaining about Canada... but the businesses that operate within it... and politics... but whatever. Canada is just a name we attach to the land we live in. As Felix mentioned, how we treat the land and how we use its fruits to prosper is entirely different from national pride... which should be offensive to you if you are really proud...

Lmao...

Ive never been to Canada but I lived right at the border near Vancuver.
A hot spot for candinian tourist near Birch Bay.
Canadian babes or people are nice. Maybe it's becuase they're on vacation. IDK.
A noticeable different mentality than Cali babes.
I have too many stories of summers of romance...Ehhh.lol

But yeah...I dont even wanna focus on the employment rates or the utlity company
where im currently living. The US economy in general. It effected me in a very negative
way. Thats all Im going to say. It makes a person feels really bad and have negative
future prospect....

ASS????
On my FB profile is a pic Sassy's ass. lmao

I have to say the hymn of Canada is very cool. I've sung it even tough I'm not canadian :p

We all have problems in our respective countries... I agree at the end of the day you have to think of something else or it can be too depressing.

Latest posts

Back