My Polaroids

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
Sorry about the double post I tried sharing some of my Polaroids before but I think it saw the thread as spam and it turned into a ban fest so I gave up. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it'll go better this time!

I like the whole washed effect, is that natural for polaroids or do you have to process them?

I really like the girl near the,.. closet? it's like a drawing. I like the 'silence' in it. it's emotional

Thank you all :)

Nope none of them are processed just scanned. A lot of them were taken with expired film which gives you pretty colours and nice effects naturally.

And yeap they are all of me, guess that's a symptom of me being lonely. :rolleyes:

These are stunning Polaroids, annik, quite emotive. I'm glad you were able share them.

I'm intrigued by the different colour tones they have. I had no idea this kind of film could deliver such effects.
(question answered in previous post)

DreamerDeceiver said:
These are stunning Polaroids, annik, quite emotive. I'm glad you were able share them.

I'm intrigued by the different colour tones they have. I had no idea this kind of film could deliver such effects.
(question answered in previous post)

Thank you.

There's a rule of thumb for the colours!

Expired sx70 film = green / yellow
Impossible Project film = blue
Expired 600 = orange

Also because now its either expired or unstable film you're using its very light sensitive and deteriorates very quickly.

Personally thats why I love Polaroid because its imperfect and unpredictable.

In a lonely place said:

SophiaGrace said:
Too bad they stopped making polaroids

Yeah but you can pick up the cameras pretty cheaply and there's The Impossible Project, they reopened an old pola factory in Holland and their film is getting better and better. I haven't been able to afford any for a while though.

How'd you take the ones in front of a brick wall? Do you lug a mirror outside?

Edit: Also, you're pretty.

I have a wind up mechanical self timer. It's not exactly quiet but very handy!

Just though I took those with one Polaroid and posed with the other! I have 5 right now but I think I had 9 at my peek!

Also thanks! :)

Anni these are great, they really are.

They have an ethereal quality to them, like capturing memories.

Plus the Donnie Darko rabbit mask is pretty creepy!

(I figured out a way to view them at work in the end :cool: )

When I look at your pictures, it makes me want to cry. But in a good way as it moves me in ways I can't understand :D

The Good Citizen said:
Anni these are great, they really are.

They have an ethereal quality to them, like capturing memories.

Plus the Donnie Darko rabbit mask is pretty creepy!

(I figured out a way to view them at work in the end :cool: )

Thank you!

Hmm funny when I see a rabbit mask I think Watership Down myself! :shy: Though I do love a good creepy bunny shot!

floffyschneeman said:
When I look at your pictures, it makes me want to cry. But in a good way as it moves me in ways I can't understand :D

That is such a lovely thing to say, thank you.

I really like the washed out effect you've got in these - it makes me think of looking back at photos of when I was a kid or earlier, they've got the same kind of 'faded memories' feel to them.

Just out of curiosity, there's no faces in any of these, is that an artistic choice, or just you being private?
Just think that with the fact they feel quite intimate, but there's no facial shots in any of them, it's an interesting effect.

Latest posts

Back