Hello All

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 23697

Reaction score
I am a 39 year old married SAHM of three. This is my attempt to break out of my shell. What better place than one where others can relate?
Unfortunately my social ineptitude extends to the internet, lol. Maybe ya'll can give me a hand with that. Looking forward to exploring this site and expanding my world, even if it's just a smidgen of expansion.

Breaking out of the shell is always a good thing.

So....greetings and salutations.

Welcome, Simonette! I hope this forum helps. What sort of things did you do to stave off the monotony before coming here?

I appreciate the sincere salutations! I feel warm and fuzzy inside already.

IambicBlonde said:
Welcome, Simonette! I hope this forum helps. What sort of things did you do to stave off the monotony before coming here?

The life of a stay at home mom IS the epitome of monotony, lol.
When I'm not making excuses to not do laundry, I read. I write sometimes - personal essays, fiction, poetry. I listen to music and I surf the web. I daydream a lot. I think I do an embarrassing amount of daydreaming.
What does everyone else here do?

Simple Simonette said:

More or less the same here. When I'm not daydreaming I'm reading, listening to music, or surfing the web. Sometimes I daydream while doing those things, ha.

Simple Simonette said:
I appreciate the sincere salutations! I feel warm and fuzzy inside already.

IambicBlonde said:

The life of a stay at home mom IS the epitome of monotony, lol.
When I'm not making excuses to not do laundry, I read. I write sometimes - personal essays, fiction, poetry. I listen to music and I surf the web. I daydream a lot. I think I do an embarrassing amount of daydreaming.

I have a completely different opinion on this. I think a stay at home parent has the coolest "job" ever.

The highlights of my life have been the opportunities I've had to stay at home with the Kid. When her Mom returned to work we decided we didn't want strangers to raise our daughter so I stayed home for over a year. Since then my most valued blocks of time were the ones I was able to stay home with her.

When she learned how to walk I got down to her level (just a couple of feet tall at the time) to view her world. At 6' I look down at a lot of stuff, when I got down to her level it was a totally different perspective. We've colored on walls together, rolled in the mud, pulled the cats tail, made countless paper hearts and stars, scraped our knees riding bikes, lazed in a hammock on hot summer days, swam for hours...... It was never monotonous. Even doing school work is fun as we do arithmetic on each other (literally, she's really enjoyed doing math on Dads face, arms, and fingers). The best art projects have been a lot of paint and us wearing shorts and using each other as a canvass. My favorite picture is the Kid and her mother painting each other. BTW, the Kid has decided that I'm kind of hairy- apparently it make painting difficult (sigh- can't please them all the time).

Nothing else has compared.

Latest posts

Back