Worse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Poguesy

People here think they have suffered an awful life...

170DE16E66B54311A81B11D45EBDCE39.jpg

The Holocaust, arguably the worst chapter in humanity's history.

They look healthy and their clothes are in fairly good condition, this photo was probably just before their real suffering began.

As dire as their situation was, at least they weren't suffering alone.

Yes Poguesy, I agree with you.

I don't agree.

I don't think you should trivialize or judge other people struggles and pain. Everyone has their own issues. Just because none of us have been in a concentration camp does not negate that we have issues that we face.

I wish people would stop using your argument, it's a guilt trip and one that exposes a deeper lack of empathy towards one another.

Thank you.

SophiaGrace said:
I don't agree.

I don't think you should trivialize or judge other people struggles and pain. Everyone has their own issues. Just because none of us have been in a concentration camp does not negate that we have issues that we face.

I wish people would stop using your argument, it's a guilt trip and one that exposes a deeper lack of empathy towards one another.

Thank you.

I am not intending to trivialize or judge people's problems.

My aim is to create reflection.

People here have the power to change their lives.

There are those who cannot. Past and Present.

I've tought about this as well Poguesy.

It's true, to some degree. For me this is not back & white.

There might be whinners who know how good they have it, but it often comes from deeper issues.

And I think this says it better... I remember that image everytime I hear/ read what I consider to be overreacted complaining. This I see more often outside this forum anyway...

This lacks empathy towards one another? Agreeing with Poguesy's statement does not mean we lack empathy. It means we understand that everyone here has the capacity to change for the better. It means we understand people's suffering, that their suffering can be changed to hope, confidence, and being happy. We are lucky to not have lived during that time, nobody is forcing us to be miserable. We can change for the better. We just have to get out there and do it! :)

It does mean you lack empathy in my opinion.

Sorry.

Believe in other people , don't put them down.

SophiaGrace said:
It does mean you lack empathy in my opinion.

Sorry.

Believe in other people , don't put them down.

I won't put you down for voicing your opinion.

If i were intending to put people down i would have added "get a ******* grip" to my original post.

Nevertheless, your opinion and contribution to the thread is appreciated.

Poguesy said:
If i were intending to put people down i would have added "get a ******* grip" to my original post.

Okay. ;)

Still love ya poguesy

SophiaGrace said:
Poguesy said:

Okay. ;)

Still love ya poguesy

Always ;)

However, argue with me again and you'll know about it ;)

Poguesy said:
SophiaGrace said:
Poguesy said:

Okay. ;)

Still love ya poguesy

Always ;)

However, argue with me again and you'll know about it ;)

I'm skeered

I mean no offense, but no matter what situation a person has, there always is one with a worse situation... But there exist all sorts of suffering a person can have in any situation, I think all of it people should take seriously, and that it is not so helpful to compare individual suffering of one person to completely different sorts of suffering of others. I think would be much more helpful to wish best for people and help them to overcome their own sort of suffering, instead to tell them their problems are silly because others had a worse situation.

fox said:
I mean no offense, but no matter what situation a person has, there always is one with a worse situation... But there exist all sorts of suffering a person can have in any situation, I think all of it people should take seriously, and that it is not so helpful to compare individual suffering of one person to completely different sorts of suffering of others. I think would be much more helpful to wish best for people and help them to overcome their own sort of suffering, instead to tell them their problems are silly because others had a worse situation.

Good reply.

Again, i am well aware of the issues faced by many people on the forum despite how i often come across.

I know there are many mental nutjobs here, including myself ;)

May we all find the strength to pull ourselves onto the path of glory.

fox said:

I think this is a good post.

The fact that some terrible, unimaginably cruel things happen in the world shouldn't condemn someone "better off" for being unhappy with personal problems of their own.

Human emotion is a whole spectrum, so just because a form of suffering is not as extreme as another does not discredit it to any extent.

I know what you mean though Poguesy. It's often worth taking a quiet moment of reflection upon the pain others have to bear just to keep some things in perspective.

Latest posts

Back