My music

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** it I wanted to hear it Muse. :( I was hoping for a link . . . SIGH.

Edit

Nope, unacceptable. Post your music so we can enjoy. I demand it.

Okay, I've restored the link. Just got a bit shy there for a second.

All albums are available for free download. The sound ranges from "pretty good" to "decent." It's lo-fi recordings, so not professionally recorded.

Yay! :D

Checking it out now. So far I like Another Chance, it's a little difficult to hear your voice on it, but otherwise sounds great :).

The recent stuff isn't as good as the 2010 stuff. Just so you know.

My best album is probably either Ghosts, Brain Waves, or Fitting The Description Twice. Those are the ones that my friends gravitate towards.

I had trouble with the mic on Acoustic Dreams, so yeah, it's kind of hard to hear my voice.

I'm glad you put the link back, i havent listned to all of it but i enjoyed what i heard, you are very talented. i need to put that in my favorites so i can go back and listen to your music.

Thanks Whispers.

I am trying to get a real studio up. I might invest in a better recording program, too...I hear Pro Tools is good (I am using a cheap wav editor/mixer.)

My next album will actually be more fleshed out. I plan to multitrack the instruments, and be playing bass, guitar, and keyboards, along with vocals. Probably will loop some drums to back it up.

I don't have time to listen to these all at once, so give me a few days to hear everything and then I'll probably come back and let you know what I think.

I'm also interested in setting up a home studio sometime in the near future. I play guitar and drums.

Are those your guitars in your signature picture?

No, they're just guitars that I found somewhere, and liked the picture. My guitars are pretty beat up - got a fender sunburst strat, a Yamaha black bass, a Breedlove acoustic, and a Palmer acoustic (the Palmer is in the worst shape, but it still has a sweet sound to it.)

I am shopping around for a Tele, was looking at models in the store today. I found one I liked that's around $700, but got to put some money away first!

I record pretty bare bones - record directly into a wav file on the computer, record other instruments and samples over it, one at a time, and remove any hiss and distortion I hear. Also throw sound effects on the songs sometimes. Most of the time, I hear what kae said...that it's hard to hear my voice (I blame the cheap computer mic I record on).

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
My guitars are pretty beat up - got a fender sunburst strat, a Yamaha black bass, a Breedlove acoustic, and a Palmer acoustic (the Palmer is in the worst shape, but it still has a sweet sound to it.)

Well fresia, man. There's a thread around the forum somewhere for showing off your musical instruments. You should post some pics or something! Mine are in there. I'm not sure exactly where the thread is, but it was started by Mintymint, if that helps you find it. lol

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I record pretty bare bones - record directly into a wav file on the computer, record other instruments and samples over it, one at a time, and remove any hiss and distortion I hear. Also throw sound effects on the songs sometimes. Most of the time, I hear what kae said...that it's hard to hear my voice (I blame the cheap computer mic I record on).

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do when I record anything. I use audacity to record and edit everything, and just open mics. I can always go back later and re-record anything with better equipment if I get the chance... but it's still nice to get the ideas down for future reference.

I'll have to show off my "musical studio" arrangement. I've got two keyboards, a snare drum, a xylophone, a box of shakers and harmonicas, and the four guitars all crowded around two computers, which capture the sound.

I use something called "Goldwave"...have you ever heard of it? It has tons of really cool distortion effects, I love playing around with it. It's a cheap thing, though, so I'm sure something like Pro Tools would work a lot better at capturing my voice/guitar/keyboards.

^^^No, I've never heard of Goldwave.

I wouldn't be able to use it on my desktop at the moment, anyway, probably. I run ubuntu, so that's why I stick to audacity.

But when I eventually set up a more sophisticated studio, I'll use either mac or windows with some nice software (Pro Tools is on the list of possibilities). lol

Just thought I'd let you all know that I have a new EP out. It's available for free download and free streaming, so check it out!

Latest posts

Back