What part does music play in your life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I know it doesn't play much of a big one for mine.

What about for you?

I listen to it quite often and attend concerts but I'm not afraid of absolute silence or being alone with my thoughts, so I don't require it to be on all day. However, I don't understand how some people can listen to music while doing something else at the same time, e.g., reading. When I'm focusing on something else, the music fades into the background and I may as well not be listening to it.

DO you not feel moved when you hear certain songs? Don't you feel happy when a happy song catches your ear? I'm surprised if not Sophia.

I have noticed that I've been searching out romantic songs lately and playing them over and over - all because I've been hoping for some romance in my life.
I don't usually play all that much music, I much prefer listening to the news or just some low-key drama, but my emotions have been all over the place lately.

This got me thinking ... :club: maybe I avoid music because it affects my emotions and I don't like to be affected like this, I'm quite a controlled person and don't like it when my emotions are stirred??

What do you think?

Quite a big part but maybe not in a conventional way. I rarely listen to music at home due to a knackered stereo and hardly ever being home alone. I can't however leave the house without my headphones in. Hearing the songs comforts me and helps me to ignore the world that in truth I'm pretty scared of. Of course it stops me from getting bored too!

I also can't describe the magic I feel when cherry blossom blows past me in the wind and I happen to be listening to Everything Must Go! :rolleyes:

That said I think musicians and bands play a bigger part for me than the songs. Certain bands I have grown up with and have actually helped shaped my personality and made me the person I am. From the clothes I wore as a teen to the books I read.

That makes them so special to me beyond just liking the music.

When I'm in, 6 Music will go on most nights to fall asleep to as its a great radio station and you never know what it will throw up.

Outside my life is basically played out to a soundtrack of Ipod tunes, I'll take it even if I walk 5 minutes to a shop, people seem to think it strange if I turn up with it on a night out but there’s a 10 minutes walk to the pub and that’s 2 good songs! I couldn’t contemplate enduring the bus without it, it’s a good way of not having to talk to people you don’t really know well enough for a 30 minute journey and blocking out all the idiots who play their rubbish music out loud through their phones.

If I'm feeling down, a few songs is an instant hit to bring me back up or if I don't want to feel better it can bring everything out of me, or allow me to daydream, feel nostalgic or just simply feel inspired. Music can be very effecting and overwhelming and it can bounce me around, I sometimes wonder if I control the Ipod or the Ipod controls me! So yeah it’s pretty integral.

I have to be careful what music I listen to and for how long as it really can affect my mood a lot. I LOVE acoustic rock songs and some of those are kind of sad.. and well..they can get me down even though I love the sound. I avoid anger music as it will stir up anger. Most of the time I listen to whatever is new on the radio..which is usually dance-like songs..cheery and I like to blare those when I'm cleaning or feeling down. It helps a lot.

Music is a important part in my life , for me its not like going to a club and just enjoying yourself on the music , it goes deeper , music changes my mood and it helps with my S.A. , listening to the right melody at the right time can really change alot in my head.

EVERYTHING.

It is the reason I am still here (the main reason). I wouldn't be able to cope with this life if I didn't have it.

And I know I speak for more than just myself on that one.

Music plays a huge role in my life. No matter what mood I'm in, there is always a song that will touch me and make me feel better.

I think music plays a big part in my life, i pretty much always am listening to something when i am outside best way to drown out the world and feel better about it.
But i tend to listen to songs that fit my mood, as some songs help me get my sadness out as i often have trouble feeling much of anything so music helps to access those feelings.
I also love listening to music when weightlifting as it helps me get motivated and like when i am on my elliptical trainer for 30-40mins helps the time pass.

Latest posts

Back