Changes over the past couple years.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coughee

Reaction score
Anyway, a couple years back, I was 280lbs, horribly afraid of meeting and talking to new people, and just generally a cynnical bitter person. Eventually manned up, got a job with 3$ left in my account and succeeded in that. After that, it was all uphill. After one year of working at the job, I'd lost tons of weight (down to 160lbs), met tons of new people (unfortunately haven't made any 'friends' yet), and became a lot more sociable. All in all, I've got tons of improvement to do, and hopefully this forum will let me meet a few new people in my area, if not make a few long term friends. Anyway, that's my success story so far, I've got a long way to go, but I've made lots of headway in two years.

That is wonderful, such a lot of progress.. surely it will come to help again in other places, more likely people to seek friendship with a person who does positive for themself. I hope it can remain to go uphill for you

fox said:
That is wonderful, such a lot of progress.. surely it will come to help again in other places, more likely people to seek friendship with a person who does positive for themself. I hope it can remain to go uphill for you

Agreed. I think one of the hardest things to change was my negative and pessimistic view on everything. I used to complain about everything, be extremely satire and narcissistic. People would laugh, but it eventually got old and extremely annoying to hear it every day. Eventually I changed how I viewed things, became more determined and assertive in my views, goals and opinions. I think that's a good first step for anyway, as it's not easy, but it lays the foundation for everything else.

Congrats on dropping all that weight. Change takes time, it's good that you realize that and are focused on bettering yourself.

Kudos on the positive changes. Hopefully you enjoy continued success in meeting your goals.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess the hard part is now just judging myself. I mean, I don't know how I look (obviously better than I did), or how to improve myself and expand on my own image. Plus, it's hard to take compliments to heart unless I know if they're sincere or not (Same with just general 'hints' you can get from other people too). I just don't have anyone I can ask really, so it makes it hard being the only one without getting any feedback.

Way to go Coughee! Sounds like you're kicking ass. :)

With your weight loss, that clearly didn't happen over night. It took patience, hard work and dedication. Like you, I lost a fair amount of weight and completely changed myself (but I will admit, I didn't lose nearly as much weight as you, you're weight loss is very impressive :) ) - but there are still many things I need to work on personally. My biggest flaw is my confidence.

Any further issues you feel you might have, like your weight loss, will not happen over night... in regards to the "feed back" you're looking for, what kind of feed back would that be about yourself?

Latest posts

Back