disabled and single since 2007

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paraadrian1

Reaction score
I had a car accident when I was 18 and left me paralyzed and now I am 22 and I haven't had a girlfriend since . I use a wheelchair since I can't walk and I also suffer from pain and I don't go out much but I try to go out when I don't have the pain. . I live with my parents cause they are the ones that help me out , I just wish I could find a nice girl that could understand me and love me for the way I am . I feel lonely lots of time or If I wanna go to the movies I have no one to go with . I've try dating sites but I think when they see the chair they get scared and don't even waste their time on me. Can someone please give me advice I need some love In my life from a special girl or something I am just tired of being single and lonely .

I'm so sorry about your accident, i dont have much advice to give. I do not suggest dating sites because its like a meat market, or a catalog, they choose from what they see. You need to find a reverse strategy, girls have to get to know you in order to be able to look past your dissability. Maybe there are social clubs you can join and meet girls with common interests.

Anyway, don't let the dissability get in the way, My uncle got married after his accident quadraplegic. Its not something that can get between true love.

paraadrian1 said:
I had a car accident when I was 18 and left me paralyzed and now I am 22 and I haven't had a girlfriend since . I use a wheelchair since I can't walk and I also suffer from pain and I don't go out much but I try to go out when I don't have the pain. . I live with my parents cause they are the ones that help me out , I just wish I could find a nice girl that could understand me and love me for the way I am . I feel lonely lots of time or If I wanna go to the movies I have no one to go with . I've try dating sites but I think when they see the chair they get scared and don't even waste their time on me. Can someone please give me advice I need some love In my life from a special girl or something I am just tired of being single and lonely .

Wow, that must have been an absolutely terrible experience. Sorry to hear about your situation :(

Perhaps if you try to go to places where there's a lot of quality conversation when you can, you'd have a bit more luck? That way you'd have a good chance to impress ladies with your personality before they would think about your unfortunate disability.

I would second what Whispers said, many people get married (and to some really pretty girls) after becoming disabled, even severely. There's a guy called Nick Vujicic who was born without limbs, yet has managed some incredible feats in his lifetime - including finding a woman he loves.

Don't let it get you down pal, although that's easier said then done.

I know a lad who ended up in a wheelchair after catching some sort of disease and it's weakened him a fair bit. He's got a girl now and is happy as larry.

You'll get there and find what you want in the long run.

A disability is only an obstacle if you let it be :)

Who says wheelchairs are keeping you confined? I've read stories of obese guys who can't even stand up get married! And paralyzed guys as well!

You can do it as well. :)

Hi paraadrian1, welcome to the site. I agree with what the other posters have been saying to you. Many people with disablities find the deep love they are hoping for. The body-its appearance and/or disabilities is not important when it comes to finding love. It is the heart and the personality which are the important things.

It must be hard. Well, I understand how people may be warded off by the wheelchair, but those people aren't the one's suitable for a relationship. The people who are not warded off however are the kind everyone should be looking for, they would be understanding and caring people who don't get all scared by the "wheelchair" and whatever. Really, this just means that the ones that usually seperate with anyone after a short while won't come up. Maybe family gatherings? Gatherings of good friends?
I think datig sites would be a bad idea. Good Luck

It's stuff like this that makes me say to myself, what the **** do I have to complain about.

I'm so sorry about the paralysis, man.

jjam said:
It's stuff like this that makes me say to myself, what the **** do I have to complain about.

I'm so sorry about the paralysis, man.

Seconded.

Don't be discouraged! I know a man who was paralyzed in a freak softball accident. He went on to get married to a lovely young lady :) You just need to get out there and socialize! Get active in your church or join in local activities that interest you.

Latest posts

Back