Movie Opinions/Spoilers

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if I should add, but ...

No Country for Old Men = amazing.

The Illusionist=good until the ending. Then, wtf?!?!?!?!!! but it's great once you've spent some time to figure out what the hell happened :p

Good idea for a thread. :)

Some various thoughts on various movies:

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End - Anyone who thought this movie sucked is STUPID. >:[
Fight Club - Worth its weight in fanboy hype, though I wish the medium wasn't so.
American Pie (and the 2 following sequels) - Sooo good. All quality comedies.
Finding Nemo - I don't get what's so great about this movie...
I, Robot - Way better than all the criticism it's faced.
Joe Dirt - Is it just me, or was this movie incredibly touching?
The Terminal -Great movie. ORIGINAL. Maybe that's why so many people weren't in to it.
Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle - Seemed pretty boring to me...
The Day After Tomorrow - Way better than all the criticism it's received.
War of the Worlds - Looooooved the new one. So dark and apocalyptic. STFU critics.
Rush Hour (1 & 2) - Great movies.
Shrek - I never could understand why Shrek was so popular of a movie series...
The 40-year-old Virgin - I didn't find this that funny...kind of boring.
Star Wars Ep. III Revenge of the Sith - Anyone who liked the original series and hated this is just a sheep.
Ace Ventura (1 & 2) - Classic comedies. Brilliant scripts.
Jurassic Park - Still amazing. So beautiful...
Jurassic Park: The Lost World - Sure it's not a "classic", but it's still quite a movie. Undeserved of all the hate.
Click - Anyone who didn't feel compelled to cry while watching this movie has no heart!
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Yes, it's just that good.
Office Space - A classic with especial contemporary relevance.
Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Epic movie. Epic soundtrack.
Beetlejuice - Wicked in all possible ways. Burton needs to either do a remake or a sequel. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

Yep. Those are some of my thoughts...

Matt said:
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End - Anyone who thought this movie sucked is STUPID. >:[
I thought this one was an awesome one :D
Hilarious too and Johnny Depp is just wonderful :D

Matt said:
Click - Anyone who didn't feel compelled to cry while watching this movie has no heart!
I admit this movie made me cry the most as compared to all the other movies I've watched.
And I haven't met anyone else who cried watching this movie, you're the first (actually I assume you did lol)!

^ I felt compelled to cry, but I didn't actually cry. ;)

frey12 said:
I am Legend
Great Movie except for the end.
That was a fantastic movie, definitely a must see! I liked the ending for the most part, I think it fit well with the rest of the story, but then again I never read the book it was based on, so I don't know if they changed something, or something..

Here are some thoughts on some movies I've seen recently, or at least can remember seeing:

Superbad:Very funny, it's just a LOT of dirty comedy, but even if your not into that, it's still got it's hilarious moments
National Treasure: Book of Secrets: I saw this movie tonight and let me say that it was one of the worst movies I can remember, I wanted to gouge my eyes out and rip off my ears that halfway through the movie, by the end I was chewing on my knuckles trying to lessen some of the pain my head was feeling. Even if you saw the first National Treasure and enjoyed it (like I did) don't waste your money on this one... the plot is terrible, the events that happen are laughably unlikely, everything is so easy.. The dialogue was awful, it sounded like two people each taking one of those dentist drill things and scraping them down the side of a chalkboard. I need to stop, I got a little worked up I suppose....Soooo.....Yea , in summation don't see it...Don't do it, don't even think about it...Next.
Pan's Labyrinth:One of the greatest movies of all time, it's pure genius, I loved it. It deserved every bit of hype it got and more, just remember you will have to read subtitles unless you speak fluent Spanish, but still don't let that stop you from missing this masterpiece
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: I don't know exactly what it is about this movie but it's just got something special that makes it get to me every time I watch it, maybe it's Jim Carrey, idk, but it's a great movie, very deep, touching, one of my favorite movies, though it's often over looked. I lot of people would classify it as weird but it's just got so much emotion in it, I would gladly discuss this movie with somebody else, it's wonderful in such a strange way...

I'll stop there.. Enough for now

NeverMore said:
Pan's Labyrinth:One of the greatest movies of all time, it's pure genius, I loved it. It deserved every bit of hype it got and more, just remember you will have to read subtitles unless you speak fluent Spanish, but still don't let that stop you from missing this masterpiece

Argh....the creature sitting at the dinner table scares the hell out of me... Very good movie, but a very sad story.

I swear DD I cant believe the girl was like **** that food looks, good. I mean I know theirs pictures of it eating babies but yum.

A Very Long Engagement: Incredible movie. It's a beautiful story, I love the way it ends :) It's not a hollywood ending at all, it's a little sad but more bittersweet. The only downside is that it's in french, so unless you're fluent you may have to see it twice to catch all the side plots. But it's great, It's about a woman (played by Audrey Tautou from Amelie, another great french movie) trying to find her fiance who fought in the trenches of WWI in France. He was supposedly killed in the war but she doesn't want to believe it so she tries to find out what happened to him and why he didn't come home. It's my absolute favorite movie ever, obviously by the way I've been going on about it lol.

Frey - I kept saying, "Don't do it you dumb cow!" I was squirming in my seat until she escaped. Gah. Hate thinking about it.

Qui - Yes, lovely movie. I still prefer Amelie though I think. She's just so beautiful... makes me sick. I say, "If such and such" things to myself, too.

If I see Rambo Moosehead at the beach, we're meant to be together, etc.

diamond-dancer said:
Qui - Yes, lovely movie. I still prefer Amelie though I think. She's just so beautiful... makes me sick. I say, "If such and such" things to myself, too.

If I see Rambo Moosehead at the beach, we're meant to be together, etc.

lol, but that was a little sad though, when she'd say if such and such happens before such and such then he's alive and they would both happen at the same time. That happened several times, or like when she beat the wrong car to the bend in the road, it was sort of sad because it was as though if she weren't crippled maybe he would have been ok, I mean not really that wouldn't change anything, but just in her head it would seem that way. So those little things never turned out quite right, they were always pretty unclear about it. She never got a straight answer.

The Swimmer starring Burt Lancaster.

I hadn't seen this film for such a long time, so i decided to get it out from the library.

The storyline, such as it is, involves Ned Merrill (Lancaster) deciding one day to swim home via his suburban neighbours' swimming pools "across the county". But it's not as simple as that, else the film could easily be very dull!

Without giving too much away, The Swimmer is a sort of mystery and psychological drama, and is extremely watchable and addictive. Ned, from the first scene, full of wonder and appreciation for life, confident, charming and outgoing, exudes this superficiality with ease.

But, something isn't right. And the superb direction and acting by Lancaster, make for an utterly fascinating film. For example, i love the close ups, you catch glimpses of the real personality regularly; they catch you off guard, and that's what hooks you.

The Swimmer is also a wonderful social commentary of the lives of the wealthy suburbanite "yuppie" types. And their reaction to Ned says as much about them as it says about Neds personal situation.

Great film!

frey12 said:
I am Legend
Great Movie except for the end.

Oh yeah, i wanted to get around to seeing that. I never read the book and don't remember how the Heston or the Price movies based on the story ended so i shouldn't have any preconceived notions of how it should end.

Wristcutters: A love story

It was filmed in my hometown, kind of interesting to put it that way: If you kill yourself, you will be forever stuck in Palmdale... There goes all the romance of suicide, lol!

Fodderboy said:
Wristcutters: A love story

The title at least reminds me of "A Pyromaniac's Love Story"

Latest posts

Back