sleep 2 much

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jales

Reaction score
well you'll are the smartest people i know (not that people i know are dumb, lol maybe i just dont know that many people)..

so okay I have a problem where I SLEEP TOO MUCH.. like 12 hours a day or so .. often..

Is there anything I can take to make me sleep less or so??

do u do a lot of physical work?
u must be tired at the end of the day if u sleep this long

I'm not too sure but I read somewhere that if you sleep too much it makes you more tired. It's a little counter-intuitive but if you don't set any limits on your sleep then you'll get used to too much of it and will be more tired when you are awake.
Set a schedule, say that you'll go to bed by such and such time and get an alarm to wake you up. Once you get used to that you'll prolly feel better.

lol i don't do any physical work..except walk to class sometimes.. i'm very lazy..

i've tried all sorts of alarms ..people call me and talk to me .. n i can never remember ..I'm going to try the schedule though.. i guess i have no other choice..
how long do you'll sleep??

my parents say I'm really lazy but that as you get older you sleep less.. :/

I go to bed around 10:30-11:00 and get up at 6:00.
I don't do well with under 3 hours of sleep, that's pretty much my limit. But yeah, usually I get about 7 to 7 1/2 hours of sleep and that's good for me :)

sleep 2 much

well you'll are the smartest people i know (not that people i know are dumb, lol maybe i just dont know that many people)..

so okay I have a problem where I SLEEP TOO MUCH.. like 12 hours a day or so .. often..

I know I have the same problem I go to bed around 11-12 and get up at 7 so thats 7-8 hours but I'm still really tired when i wake up, so I'm late to school a lot and during the day I get periods of overwhelming sleepyness when I just have to sleep on my desk. Then when I don't have school I off course never set a time or an alarm to get me up so I get like 12 or more hours.

It's ussally more of a problem in the summer, I don't have anything to do so I'm bored, or I'm depressed because I have no one to do anything with so, then I never get up until I physcially can't sleep anymore.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer but your not the only one with this problem like it's 2:20 pm here and I just got up

i just took a nap right now. 4 hrs. im just bored today. i have nuthin to do so i just took a nap. maybe u became depress and just want to hop in bed?

I wish I had your problem...

I've been getting about 5 hours of sleep a night for the past six years.

During middle school and high school I'd usually go to bed around 1 or 2 in the morning, and I'd wake up at 6am.

But ever since high school ended, I've been going to bed between 2 to 4 in the morning. ><

And for such stupid reasons...

Just sayin' this so you don't take your problem granted. ;)

Remember - sleep is healthy for you. Better "too much" than not enough. :(

Well, if you want to get less sleep, you should discover a little thing called the Internet. :)

jales said:

Hi Jales. The only thing that stops me from sleeping that long is having to get up for work. I never, ever feel rested... doesn't matter how long or short a period of time I sleep for. I dream non-stop and quite intensely, so my mind is still very active, even when I'm asleep.

I read this thread when I first woke up this morning, but I fell back asleep before I could reply. It's christmas afternoon here...I've been up for 5 hours at the most... and now I need to take a nap.

My doctor orders me to go get my blood tested every now and then, but I'm always too busy or tired to do it. Maybe one day I'll do it and they'll tell me I'm actually the goddess of fatigue.

I almost never dream, so maybe that's why I sleep well in a short amount of time.
I do spend an awful lot of time daydreaming though...
Merry Christmas dd! It's still christmas eve here, it will be for another 2 1/2 hours.

It's 10pm Christmas Eve here. I just finished watching Rush Hour 2. Sweet movie...

Qui said:
I almost never dream, so maybe that's why I sleep well in a short amount of time.
I do spend an awful lot of time daydreaming though...
Merry Christmas dd! It's still christmas eve here, it will be for another 2 1/2 hours.

I can't imagine not dreaming... I have so many adventures in my dreams... I feel like I'd be missing something.

I have 6.5 hours left. I'm watching Babe on tele... I'm going to cry.

jales said:
lol i don't do any physical work..except walk to class sometimes.. i'm very lazy..

i've tried all sorts of alarms ..people call me and talk to me .. n i can never remember ..I'm going to try the schedule though.. i guess i have no other choice..
how long do you'll sleep??

my parents say I'm really lazy but that as you get older you sleep less.. :/

Usually when I'm not working I'll get anywhere from 6-10 hours... when I'm working I get about 5 hours average a day everyday for a month or more at a time... the only time you feel dead tired is right when you wake up... after you get a coffee, and as the day progresses and your working often outside and physically, you don't really notice that you're running on only that much sleep... your body adjusts.

I don't dream while asleep either, but I more than make up for it while I'm awake. :)

I dream a lot,

I want to try lucid dreaming, but when I'm in bed I'm too tired to try and focus on doing it, so i just fall asleep and have weird dreams that never make any sense, sometimes I have flying dreams though and those are pretty rad

:D

I went to bed night before last. I just got up. When I finally do decide to get out of bed, I've sometimes been sleeping so many days, it's hard to know exactly what day it is when I do get up. I know what's causing me to sleep that much though. And I dream like crazy. I can even tell you what my dreams will be before I go to sleep. They are like clock work.

I know, I know. Love myself. Do for others. etc.

fwiw jales...Here's my take on your situation. (I'm no Doctor, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express once)...

Enjoy it while you can. That's not meant to deminish your feelin's. It's just a suggestion.

And Merry Christmas everyone

(now, if you all will excuse me, the commode is over-flowing, and the disposal is stopped up...)

Actually, everyone dreams. It's just a matter of when during the sleep process do you wake up. If you wake up in the middle of the REM stage, you'll initially remember your dreams much more.

Matt said:
Actually, everyone dreams. It's just a matter of when during the sleep process do you wake up. If you wake up in the middle of the REM stage, you'll initially remember your dreams much more.

hm. true, I have heard that before, that everyone has similar brain activity while sleeping. but even when I remember my dreams they aren't as solid as other people describe. My dreams don't have color, or if they do everything is a shade of bluish grey. And for example I'll have these dreams like I'm floating in water. Except it's not really me because I'm not really anything. And there is no real difference between the air and the water, then I wake up wondering if I was upside down. But there isn't anything definite about it, my dreams are really just vague feelings, and that's only when I do dream, which is very rarely.

What I find to be much more interesting is that people who don't dream or don't remember their dreams tend to have much more vivid and realistic daydreams. This is just a trend I've noticed though, so it prolly doesn't apply to everyone.

Latest posts

Back