I prefer being alone rather than being with others.. anyone else agree?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorat116

Reaction score
Even when I am in a crowded room I feel completely alone. I just feel like most people annoy me. Everyone in our society seems like they are concerned with all of the wrong things. No one is concerned with being an individual, pursuing your dreams, or being nice to others. Instead we are all wrapped up in petty concerns such as fitting in, or being "normal." It sickens me how out of touch most of our society is with their spirituality or connecting with nature. 75% of everyones time is spent on facebook trying to impress others with our "exciting" lives, watching reality television, or talking sh*t about other people because they have nothing better to do. I feel like abnormal is a fictional word because one areas idea of normalcy could be another area's idea of strange or foreign.

I just think people in general are caught up in the wrong aspects of life and we live in a corrupted world. I know it's not everyone, but it is the majority of people who are like this and seem to not be able to think on a deeper level about the true meaning of life and it's been really bothering me lately.

is it strange that for the most part I have more fun sitting in solitude by myself than around others? Because I do. Does anyone else agree with the things I just posted or am I a complete nut? haha.

Hey it's better to be alone than in bad company.

A long time go teachers couldn't quite comprehend the whys of me hanging out with the bad kids. Here was me the model student, high grades, warm personality, likable, and just plain outstanding and yet, there I was with a group of troublemakers.

I understand the whole notion of the majority of the population centering themselves on material possessions. Trust me, I do. It pains me when I inquire others about their dreams or goals and I am suddenly scoffed at and told "Who cares? This is now." Whatever happened to individuality?

Dragonfriend said:
Hey it's better to be alone than in bad company.

A long time go teachers couldn't quite comprehend the whys of me hanging out with the bad kids. Here was me the model student, high grades, warm personality, likable, and just plain outstanding and yet, there I was with a group of troublemakers.

I understand the whole notion of the majority of the population centering themselves on material possessions. Trust me, I do. It pains me when I inquire others about their dreams or goals and I am suddenly scoffed at and told "Who cares? This is now." Whatever happened to individuality?

People are just caught up in all of the wrong things it seems.. I hope that one day people will realize that life isn't all about how normal you appear or how many friends you have on facebook..

:p
[youtube]ww5GXbk58R0[/youtube]

For me...after getting to know myself a little bit better.
It's not even a balance thing anymore.

I believe it's just a part of my brain that regulate consumptions....such as food.
It also works wtih inneracting with people.

I can be Ok with myself, live with myself eaiser becuase I cuase less BS.
Then my brain will kick in...I'll either get bore or lonely sort of speak.
Then I'll wanna go hang out or interact with people becuase I'm fulled
of alone time.

When it comes to hanging with people...it depends whos avaliable.
Kind da like going out to look for something to eat..but some resturants are
closed...so I'll have to settle for fastfood or 7/11.lol
If more nice resturants are open I'll have more options.

Some people really annoy the living honeysuckle out of me...
So it also depends on my moods of how long I can tolerate thier BS.

On the other hand if people that I'm interested in or get along with
are avaliable, I'll have fun just hanging doing whatever...
Then my brain will kick in after a while...I'll get bore of hangout or socializing
Then it's time for me to have alone time becuase I'm fulled of socializing sort of speak.

It's actually pretty simple....

I would prefer to be alone rather than to be with the sort of people who I have to wear a mask with. It is lonelier to be with the 'wrong' people than it is to be alone. No, you are not a complete nut. What you say resonates strongly with me.

there was time when I spent time with the wrong people without knowing. The worst thing one can do is waste time with the wrong people. it's a waste of time if your time isn't spent with the right people... you'll never fit in. I'd rather be alone than among people I'm not compatible with. I've lost a few people but for my own good.

Being alone can be nice but I like being with others who I know their intentions and are laid back. Being around negativity too much can be contagious and I think people should focus on themselves before pointing the finger.

I definitely feel like that! I used to have a lot of fun with some of my friends when I was younger, but now I just lost my lust for life almost entirely.

I realize most people around me now are just.. not like they should be. I'm the odd one, but they're not OK either. I have to accept the constant gossip of my sister, who's a gold digger and hates everyone else except herself, my brother became a religious nutcase, who only speaks of The Bible, God and orthodoxy, in the rare occasions he speaks to me.. I also have a friend, who has some ideas.. like the financial system will fall this year and money will get out of use (he watched the Zeitgeist movies and believes that the Venus Project will be implemented soon, lol!). OK, he's not very smart...

I prefer to be considered a weirdo and spend more quality time with... myself! Solitude rocks!! I don't know why everyone suffers of loneliness that much, that doesn't really happen to me..

I forgot to add that books are better friends than most people.

Tiina63 said:
I would prefer to be alone rather than to be with the sort of people who I have to wear a mask with. It is lonelier to be with the 'wrong' people than it is to be alone. No, you are not a complete nut. What you say resonates strongly with me.

Amen! Everyone is so insecure about being alone or not having anyone to hang out with (and yes, I used to be this way too) but sometimes my mos peaceful times in life are when I am by myself just watching everyone else pass by or alone with my thoughts..

I mean of course I like to go out with my girlfriends when I am in the mood but I almost always eat lunch by myself and I thoroughly enjoy it, even if others think I am strange for it (which the waiters always seem to think and ask "why are you eating alone?").

*sigh* I think if jumping off a bridge became the new "in" thing everyone would think you were weird for not doing so.. people just really kill me with their stupidity.

sorat116 said:
Even when I am in a crowded room I feel completely alone. I just feel like most people annoy me. Everyone in our society seems like they are concerned with all of the wrong things. No one is concerned with being an individual, pursuing your dreams, or being nice to others. Instead we are all wrapped up in petty concerns such as fitting in, or being "normal." It sickens me how out of touch most of our society is with their spirituality or connecting with nature. 75% of everyones time is spent on facebook trying to impress others with our "exciting" lives, watching reality television, or talking sh*t about other people because they have nothing better to do. I feel like abnormal is a fictional word because one areas idea of normalcy could be another area's idea of strange or foreign.

I just think people in general are caught up in the wrong aspects of life and we live in a corrupted world. I know it's not everyone, but it is the majority of people who are like this and seem to not be able to think on a deeper level about the true meaning of life and it's been really bothering me lately.

is it strange that for the most part I have more fun sitting in solitude by myself than around others? Because I do. Does anyone else agree with the things I just posted or am I a complete nut? haha.

x2

sorat116 said:
Everyone in our society seems like they are concerned with all of the wrong things. No one is concerned with being an individual, pursuing your dreams, or being nice to others. Instead we are all wrapped up in petty concerns such as fitting in, or being "normal." It sickens me how out of touch most of our society is with their spirituality or connecting with nature. 75% of everyones time is spent on facebook trying to impress others with our "exciting" lives, watching reality television, or talking sh*t about other people because they have nothing better to do.

I agree to an extent with your point in boldface. Online networking has become a juggernaut moving under the weight of its own momentum. It is easier to sit down, plug in, log on and connect with someone. There used to be actual face-to-face meetups and groups that people were involved in before discussion forums and social networking sites. Now, although they still do exist, it seems more difficult to find them.

Having a passion or a hobby greatly increases the odds that you'll find something though. I've recently become re-involved in a drawing group here that actually gets me out of the house and in the company of other people who share similar interests.

It's possible. People just have to work a little harder instead of taking the automatic easy way out. :)

Latest posts

Back