Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Campbell

Reaction score
I am happy to have found this forum as working from home is getting the best of me. I am truly missing the camaraderie of the workplace more than I ever have during my time in this profession.

Add to that a significant other working long hours and unafraid to be social outside of the home after said long work hours. Our son is older now and more independent so even he is out and about many evenings in good weather.

I have several great friends however most are not local. I do miss days when I could opt for a last minute barbecue and fill the yard. These days, not so many local friends exist.

A current goal is to examine if my lack of local pals is due to my lack of interest or my lack of being interesting! There are enough local friends I guess, it just seems like such an ordeal to go through the motions of making plans. Also, my significant other can never commit to any plans as work comes first. Work always comes first. So, sitting here right now, I can't plan a cook out for two weeks from now. He won't be able to tell me until the night before if he will make it. Of course if it is his plans or my son's sport, there is always time...But I digress.

Upon perusing this site, I felt as if I have a similar persona as many here do. For the last two years, my "outlet" during the day was a different message board (a general topic one) with a bunch of great people but I just don't quite fit in. So, I think a key to combating my daily loneliness will be finding people to chat up while feeling a sort of common bond.

The loneliness in my relationship is another issue entirely. I feel until I get the day-to-day feelings of loneliness processed, I can't begin to figure all the relationship stuff out. A majority of my neediness for him to come home at a decent time stems from what I am feeling during the day. Of course, there is also the significant reason of my wishing he yearned to cap his day off with the three of us (we have a son) as much as I do. I don't intend to mislead, he is a good person. He just has selfish tendencies. And they "tend" to bug me to no end!

So, that's my deal. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope to share ideas and whatever else!

Sounds like you could use a family vacation, no work, no sports, just the three of you.

Welcome to the site.

Hello Campbell, welcome.
To have common ground with people you talk to, this is very helpful. So I hope this will be a benefit to you here.

Hello Campbell,

Some great people here,

Some to avoid as well- Poguesy, me,....

Latest posts

Back