Shall there ever come a time when you shall no longer feel lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solitary man

Reaction score
I'm a chronic loner and know that it's possible to be alone without feeling lonely. But sooner or later loneliness creeps up on us all, and you don't have to be a loner to experience loneliness. In fact you can be surrounded by people and feel very lonely indeed.

Loneliness does not necessarily come from being alone, although admittedly, it is much more likely. I think it's about the nature of the connection that we have with ourselves and others. If the connection is tenuous or dysfunctional, then naturally we are going to feel alone.

You're obviously feeling lonely, or at least have in the past, and that is what attracted you to a site like this. Perhaps you enjoy that sometimes magical, melancholic feeling that sometimes comes from feeling lonely? Or masochistically enjoy depression?

Can you ever foresee a time when you shall no longer feel lonely?

Yes. I am an optimistic individual. I don't usually always feel lonely. But I have been beyond the point of feeling countless of times. The nothing feeling. I rather feel lonely than nothing. It's like being a conscious corpse. I could die the next day and not give a ****. I didn't think it was possible to get tired of existing.

There is only so long I can hold out against the hordes. My resolve to be an individual will crumble before the might of conformity and I too shall fall prey to the addiction of reality television, media fuelled hysteria, obsession with celebrities and churning out babies for increasing benefits. Art will become photographs of ‘glamour’ models in seedy magazines, debate will become chat shows, culture will involve drinking myself stupid and kicking in the teeth of anyone who looks at me twice and fine dining will be a greasy kebab as I stagger home from the bar light in wallet and even lighter in step.

My dreams will be dead and my soul will be crushed but fret not because I will then be part of the masses, I will conform and keep in line and no longer walk alone.

I hope to no longer feel lonely when I go to High School. I mean, who's lonely in High School? Everyone has friends in HS, so I'm confident I will.

I hope when I get there I won't feel lonely, despite being around other people my age.

I've been alone for many years, and I think I'm destined to be alone for the rest of my life. With the loner life loneliness comes and goes. My experience of and distaste for people in general has led to a justified misanthropy, and a disillusionment with ever finding anything genuine, likeable, or admirable about most people. The human ego is an ugly monster, making even pretty people deeply unattractive.

As soon as I get over my social anxiety and social incompetence...then yes!

Today I gave loneliness a slap on the head, and went out and chatted to a sales representative in Currys electrical store. I learned a lot about the new generation of HD LED digital TV's with internet access. Technology is truly astounding.

Solitary man said:
Today I gave loneliness a slap on the head, and went out and chatted to a sales representative in Currys electrical store. I learned a lot about the new generation of HD LED digital TV's with internet access. Technology is truly astounding.

Oddly enough this weekend I had a date with a very lively red head who I met at Currys. Has it become the new supermarket for singles? :D

Lost Drifter said:
Solitary man said:

Oddly enough this weekend I had a date with a very lively red head who I met at Currys. Has it become the new supermarket for singles? :D

Is there a Curry's in Canada?

Lost Drifter said:
Solitary man said:

God I hope not. The sales rep I was talking to was a guy, and I'm heterosexual.

Latest posts

Back