How to change your life from Unlucky to Lucky?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambo_Muscle

Reaction score
Hi all..

Very down, depressed and upset right now.. at a lot of things, including myself.

I failed my license test and that has brought me extremely down.

I feel this list is missing from my life.

-Girlfriend
-Good friends.
-License
-Job
-Luck
-Loads more..

I have never had a girlfriend, though I am handsome, tall, lean, fit, nice.

I go to the gym, martial arts, etc too.

I don't drink, don't smoke, don't take drugs.. never have.. never will.

I am awaiting a special girl and that special success, though it seems everybody goes ahead and I fall behind.. I think I may be cursed with unluckiness :(

I have a girl on my mind, though I can't really talk to her because she is busy at work, I need tips, I need my life to improve.. please anyone can you help me with tips.. thx..

We make our own luck. This girl that is on your mind, nothing and I mean nothing will happen unless you find time to talk to her. She can't be at work 24/7.

A lot and I mean A LOT of people fail their license test so don't let that bring you down. You need to ask yourself why you failed your test and work on that. I failed mine the first time, but that was because I took mine after my brother and had the exact same tester. We were warned to take it different days or at different times, but we had to work around our mom's schedule. The second time I failed it because I told the instructor I wasn't going to do a 3 point turn on a thru street that had cars parked on each side, she was wrong in ending the test because of that but try to argue with them on that. When I took it a third time I passed, but that time I had an instructor who made me feel at ease and was very nice. When I had to renew my license because of the graduated licensing rules we have here I had the same instructor who "failed" me the first two times. I was very nervous and so was my mom, I drove a bit slow but she passed (plus it was right after lunch so she was in a good mood, she was known for failing people).

Other than that it just seems like your confidence needs a boost. You said you are handsome, you workout, take good care of yourself, so start being more confident and "luck" will come your way.

Rambo_Muscle said:
Hi all..

Very down, depressed and upset right now.. at a lot of things, including myself.

-Girlfriend
-Good friends.
-License
-Job
-Luck
-Loads more..

I am awaiting a special girl and that special success, though it seems everybody goes ahead and I fall behind.. I think I may be cursed with unluckiness :(

I have a girl on my mind, though I can't really talk to her because she is busy at work, I need tips, I need my life to improve.. please anyone can you help me with tips.. thx..
What martial art do you study?:)

Rambo_Muscle said:
Hi all..

-Girlfriend
-Good friends.
-License
-Job
-Luck
-Loads more..

OP I'm sorry to hear about your luck

Maybe it's true we make some of our own luck but personally I've never managed it. Then you get some people who are nasty who get plenty of things go there way.

I can relate to that list you have too

Have you ever seen the movie Twins? Where Arnold gets all the good genes and Danny gets all the bad genes? I've always felt that correlates with me and my brother. He's always been lucky and I've always been unlucky.

In recent years though I've seen that his "luck" makes him sloppy and prone to bad judgements. So being unlucky might make you more careful about your decisions or how you prepare for situations.

Looking at your list of frustrations I'll add a few thoughts. Finding a girlfriend takes time, sometimes years! I always recommend a singles group at church.

As someone else said, not passing your license test is very common. I was disappointed when I failed mine the first time but I got it the second time. Just buckle down and study hard. You will get it.

Job. Oh jeez. I'd say it took me over a year after college to get a crappy job instead of a part time job. Then it took years to turn the crappy job into a decent job. I'd say just about everyone has this frustration. I would encourage you to pursue further education if possible and pick a low stress job. Live extremely frugally if that's what it takes.

I once spoke with a post graduate student and told him I admired his intellect for being able to pursue his studies. He said it wasn't intellect, it was stubbornness. I've tried to remember that.

We only make our own luck to an extent in my opinion. I sorta believe in Karma. Although I've seen much good be done by people and they have yet to have good stuff happen to them. That said, it could happen to them in the far future. It could be something major. Just have faith, don't let what you don't have now effect what you may well have in the future :] Enjoy your singleness and free time now lol. In future you will have your partner and job and wish you were single and not busy sometimes :p

gee..
when i was reading ur unlucky stories i felt even more unluckier..
why are these people worry so much 'bout such things.. don't they think they are lucky enough that atleast they have the chance to get this, do that .. u had great experiences than mine.! then, why feel unlucky!?

Rambo_Muscle said:

You should try to talk to her and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out or she ignores you, you'll know that you won't have to waste your time thinking about someone like that. :)

Then you keep trying.

Give it a shot. Good luck!

blackdot said:
My mom tells me that I was just born unlucky.

:(
I don't think that would be a nice thing to say to your own child. I'm sorry blackdot, but I just think that perhaps it's not your time yet for whatever it is that you're wanting and not having. I guess I'm always hopeful, but there's no harm in hope right?

Optimism.

Luck does not exist. It's been shown that optimistic people believe themselves to be more lucky, and it's precisely due to their optimism. If you're positive, you will notice the good things happening around you more often; if you're a pessimist you'll miss all the positivity around you, focus on what's wrong and believe yourself to be unlucky.

come on guys.. u don't have to be pessimistic to realize when ur unluckiness.! it's being more objective.. i admit that i am unlucky cuz i've been living an ironic life nevertheless i still look forward to having a better future.

come on guys.. u don't have to be pessimistic to realize ur unluckiness.! it's being more objective.. i admit that i am unlucky cuz i've been living an ironic life nevertheless i still look forward to having a better future.

my dad is always saying how unlucky he is.

He isnt very good at golf because he isnt lucky enough, thats what he says.

I cant convince him hes talking crap. We have had arguments about it.

The glass half empty, half full saying. With my Dad there is no glass, never has been and never will be.

I think you make your own luck.

I agree with several of the other posters here, whether it's phrased "you make your own luck," or if it's a matter of optimism. Your frame of mind says a great deal.

Some people can look at obstacles and tough times not as bad luck of failure, but as opportunities to undertake a challenge or to try something new. They believe in themselves, in their capabilities and are always look for new opportunities, unlike someone who is more prone to pessimism and looks even at good things happening with the sensation of "waiting for the other shoe to drop" because they can't believe that something good could happen without a price tag attached to it.

Bad things can happen to perfectly good people due to chance, not necessarily as a result of poor decisions or being born under an unlucky star. It's how they react to these situations that determines greater success or failure, I think.

And to blackdot, what a rotten thing for a mother to say to her child! I would never say anything like that to my kids, WTF?

Latest posts

Back