anyone know good ways to fix discs?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try covering the reflective side of the disc in a thin coating of toothpaste and then leave it to dry. Once it's dry rinse the toothpaste off the disc under the hot tap, pat dry with a towel and try it in your console.

It sounds daft I know but it works.

Is it scratched or just not working? I looked up about fixing scratches once, there's a product you can buy but never tried it, couldn't find it around here.

ok but does it matter what toothpaste and how hot should the water be?

I have to be careful as not my game

yes a single scratch fairly long, but not too deep

the rest of the disc appears to be fine/clean

I'll just merge this one with the other one. Toothpaste? Hmm that stuff has so many uses...and we put it in our mouths...

dannyr22 said:
ok but does it matter what toothpaste and how hot should the water be?

I have to be careful as not my game

It doesn't matter what type of toothpaste you use! Whatever you use to brush your teeth will be fine. The temperature of the water isn't that important either it just comes off easier with hot water.

Sci-Fi said:
I'll just merge this one with the other one. Toothpaste? Hmm that stuff has so many uses...and we put it in our mouths...

Some of the things you can do with stuff we normally consume is quite interesting. Take coca cola for example: Get an old coin and leave it in a glass of coke over a few days then take it out and look at it (all sparkly and new lookin')

Sure I'll give it ago at some point & let you know if it works

Guess I shud brush my teeth while am at it lol

No, not even getting game (a gamer store) to fix it at a small cost made any difference

Pathetic technology we have nowadays, I miss my old GTA III disc, literally a whole disc of scratches, worked better than any other GTA III disc.

Probs my xbox giving up the ghost! Won't install the disc either!

****, these disks nowadays. i still have a 1996 original Diablo 1 that still worked fine 2 years ago, that's like 16 years of ware and tare, it's horribly scratched. not to rub you're nose into it

Rigel said:
not to rub you're nose into it

not at all! quality has been comprimised nowadays!

not even clearing cache or using compressed air on the 360 lens made a difference! going to have to buy the game myself to complete it, & see if the scratched disc still works for my brother in his

Latest posts

Back