Immature

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Last week I was waiting to pay some bills when this old lady looked at me surprised and asked me, loudly "Oh wow, how old are you? 17? You are so tall! How tall are you?" I obvously was annoyed by this, but I replied to her inquiries out of courtesy. She sort of kept talking but I turned away to stop the conversation.

I talked about this with my shrink. He told me the old lady was quick to sense that I was immature. Which is kind of what I expected. I know my face makes me look younger but not that much... I'm 25 years old!

So after talking some more with my shrink I realized this was a very good reason to get a job. Which is what I'm currently doing.

I never got a job. I tried a few times, got on 3 interviews, they ended with no results. I always got extremely nervous, anxious like fresia, sweated like a pig, sabotaged myself by replying wrong to things I knew... It was a nightmare.

But now fortunately I turned things around, I'm no longer nervous. I went to an interview and acted like a normal human being lol... Not a bit nervous. It went ok, they said they were gonna call for a second interview.

Now I can see the benefits of working, and I also realize what kind of jobs I'd like to do (which I hadn't figure out in the past). So now I feel I got a real chance of getting one. The harder part will be showing enthusiasm when I need to, I think I can pull it off... But it's hard for me because it takes me time to get excited about something.

So I'm hoping this will make me more mature, and people will treat me like my own age. Plus girls always whine about how they'd like someone mature, so it might help me with that as well :p

I'm surprised a 25 year old has never had a job. Well we all have our reasons I guess but congrats to you for being optimistic about this. Good luck to you sir!

Idk...felix.

Im 45. And ive been accused of being immature
for my age.lmao
Ive always looked younger than my age.
I used to look like is was 16 if i wore a baseball cap
Intil i was way into my late 30s.

At my age...if your mature or rather secured
About yourself. Youll act anywau you want.
Im not over the hill or ready to march off to
The old elephant graveyard yet.lol

Ive worked since i was 13. Thats a differnt matter..

Im glade things are getting better for you.

I'm 45 and feeling immature. Sometimes it catches up with you.

BTW, 25 and never worked? How the hell did you manage that?

Wow, i hate that word too. Cringed while i read this. But you are well on your way to success ! i love reading how someone tries to make changes constructively. Good luck.*claps*

I remember being your age and people mistaking me for younger, annoyed the hell out of me too sometimes. But now, I don't really care that much. I like it when someone calls me "young man/fella" makes me laugh.

I thought you Argentine's were focusing all ya energy on taking back the falklands islands, nevermind getting a job?

Nah :p

Good luck mate ;)

^Just don't ask for interview advice from this guy, he'll probably tell you to down a bottle of whiskey first to boost your confidence :p

Lonely in BC said:

How do you mean?
It takes 2 days to recover from having sex all night with a 23
Yr old?

Yeah man...at 25, i was trying my own little army
So we could take over the world :p

Bob Arctor said:
^Just don't ask for interview advice from this guy, he'll probably tell you to down a bottle of whiskey first to boost your confidence :p

Lol.

Gots a bottle ordered for him already ;)

Lonesome Crow said:
Idk...felix.

Im 45. And ive been accused of being immature
for my age.lmao
Ive always looked younger than my age.
I used to look like is was 16 if i wore a baseball cap
Intil i was way into my late 30s.

At my age...if your mature or rather secured
About yourself. Youll act anywau you want.
Im not over the hill or ready to march off to
The old elephant graveyard yet.lol

Ive worked since i was 13. Thats a differnt matter..

Im glade things are getting better for you.

I guess is better than being older... so I don't complain that much :p
My immature is different than yours... I've figured working can be a way to communicate with people, which I can totally use in order to beat shyness.

Lonely in BC said:

Well I finished HS a year late because lthe last year I still owed 2 subjects. Then I couldn't figure out a career, I tried industrial design but I didn't liked it so I quit, then I wondered what to do for a year or two... Until I figured it out, then I went to college again and now I'm going to another college. I believe in gathering knowledge from different sources.

But now I feel like I'm too old not to have worked so I'm trying again, older and wiser... Guess I'm lucky cuz my parents support me and never once told me to get a job or anything like that.

Rayri said:
Wow, i hate that word too. Cringed while i read this. But you are well on your way to success ! i love reading how someone tries to make changes constructively. Good luck.*claps*

Thank you :)
I do try. Over the years I've come to terms with the fact that some things just take time... you just have to keep going your own rhythm.

After coming out of a depression. I returned to
My old desk job...it was progress because i really
Needed the money....
it was actaully culture shock for me. My office
Got relocated to mexico. I didnt know any Spanish.
it took me months to afjust to navigate in a city
If millions in a third world contry...
But my office mess me up again. A majority
Of my time was spent seating in a room alone
With a computer..

3 month later i got a lower paying job
As a cashier at a recyclingng center....
Mentally i was doing much much better
By being able to interact with people from
All walks of life. My ego or pride was still
Messing with me becuase being a cashier
From a manager was a major set back.lol

Never the less the pretty girls i got to flirt
with on a daily basis kinda stroke my ego
In another way :)

I had to be easy going...with a smile on my face.
Also treat all customers the same whatever they
Were homeless or rich people trying to save the
Earth....
It was actually theraputic for me.
Once i became more accustom of just being
Expose to 100s of different types of people.
The flirty women helped too.
I was able to start dating or ask beauitiful wonen
Out....simply becuase i interact with so many
Of them daily fron being a casher.
I think i dated 6 to 7 differnt women in six months.
Younger women too :)

So it was kindda cool like that...
Young beautiful women that wasnt gold diggers.:p

Lol, for me it's quite the opposite. Once someone asked me what college I was attending, lol. But I was very introverted and quiet when that happened; so I don't know if I just look older or my attitude makes me look older.

Good luck on your job opportunity Felix. I'm sure that getting a job will help, but if it doesn't, then it's no big deal lol. I'm sure being immature is usually much more fun, and that's important. ;)

Latest posts

Back