Someone mentioning sex

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tusk

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question: will a girl that isn't interested try to completely avoid talking about sex? I mean, what if you're spending some time with a girl, and she mentions sex in some non-negative way. For example, if she would say "Always when I speak in a foreign language, I say sexual things by mistake", with us not having talked about sex earlier. Would a non-interested girl do that?
Or am I over-interpreting? I just wish there was a dead give-away!

I don't know. But I think that she would mention sex by inconspicously mentioning that she doesn't want to.

Or if she avoids sex-talk, she could be a prude.

/shrug

As a general rule I have normally found that the girls who act interested, are the ones who aren't.

The ones who are interested, won't say anything.

And the ones who slip sex 'casually' into a conversation, do so because that's what they want.

Obviously not a 100% clear-cut rule, but this has largely been my experience and that of the people around me.

Ak5 said:
I don't know. But I think that she would mention sex by inconspicously mentioning that she doesn't want to.

Or if she avoids sex-talk, she could be a prude.

/shrug
Is talking about sex part of the baseline? I've missed that unfortunately :O

AskingtheEarth said:
As a general rule I have normally found that the girls who act interested, are the ones who aren't.

The ones who are interested, won't say anything.

And the ones who slip sex 'casually' into a conversation, do so because that's what they want.

Obviously not a 100% clear-cut rule, but this has largely been my experience and that of the people around me.
Confusing. So they slip sex into the conversation because they want to slip sex into the conversation, or because they want to have sex? But doesn't that mean they're interested...?

There's no hard and fast rule. Some people talk about sex a lot; some don't. Some will be outrageously flirty with folks they like and some will feel too awkward to do that. There are no dead give-aways, sadly!

From my experience.. Body contacts.
Most women ive been with ask me out...so that took alot of gyess and
Thinking out of it.
The women that ive asked out....its self explanatory. Yes if she interested.

Generally when first meet them..sex isnt mention as far as getting to
Know each other.

Ive had sex with women the furst nught ive met them.
Then forned relationship with them.
Ive also had women tell me straught let just fresia as sex
Bodies..cause thats all she wants.

Ive also had serena women or chased them.

As far as being a virgin to intimacy or relationships.
All women initiated body contacts with me...so i just went
with the flow...

As far me making sexaul advancement....im gping
To probe her by touching her. Shell let me know
One way or that other. Actions not words kind
Of communication.

Because of my experince with numberious women making
The first move with. Its how i also believe you don't
Learn to love people. Women are going to want me
Or not....its learning to live with each other or forming
A healthy relationship.

It akso effects how i approch women and getting rejected
By certain women dosnt bother me.
Ive been with plenty of the prettiest woman in the
Room abd had those women come on to me.
I simply dont over think minor details.

Im not a virgin anymore so im not going to over think.
Having been with pkenty of beauity women..im definitlt
Not going to come off desperate.

Huh? That sounds like an extremely innocent statement. I've accidentally said sexual things while trying to speak another language - even sign language! Just because a woman mentions the word "sex" does not mean she is casually slipping anything into anywhere and also doesn't mean she wants you to slip your "anything" into her "anywhere."

If you know she isn't interested, then she probably isn't. Aside from hearing only the word "sex," you need to listen to the context that it is in. That sentence, as far as I'm concerned, does not even hint impure intentions.

Sorry, by 'interested', I meant genuinely interested in someone as a person romantically. Apologies for the ambiguity!

@DoubttheRabbit I agree, you can generally tell when something is being mentioned suggestively by watching the eyes more than anything. Personally I've never known a girl bring sex into a conversation herself without it soon developing into actually wanting it - but that's just me. Other people have probably had different experiences.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Huh? That sounds like an extremely innocent statement. I've accidentally said sexual things while trying to speak another language - even sign language! Just because a woman mentions the word "sex" does not mean she is casually slipping anything into anywhere and also doesn't mean she wants you to slip your "anything" into her "anywhere."

If you know she isn't interested, then she probably isn't. Aside from hearing only the word "sex," you need to listen to the context that it is in. That sentence, as far as I'm concerned, does not even hint impure intentions.

Yeah, it can be completely innocent, I guess. Maybe I'm the prude one. But in an ambiguous situation, would you mention intimacy if you didn't want it at least a little bit? Or refrain so there's no possibility of misunderstanding.
I need to watch body language closer.

It's all about the way in which she said it. Non sexual things said in a flirty way can be made sexual by tone of voice and body language. By the same token, sexual things can be made formal and off-putting.

I wasn't there but from your description it sounds like an everyday convo, and not flirty or anything. People talk about sex all the time with people they aren't intimate with and have no intention of being.

tusk said:
Hi, just a quick question: will a girl that isn't interested try to completely avoid talking about sex? I mean, what if you're spending some time with a girl, and she mentions sex in some non-negative way. For example, if she would say "Always when I speak in a foreign language, I say sexual things by mistake", with us not having talked about sex earlier. Would a non-interested girl do that?
Or am I over-interpreting? I just wish there was a dead give-away!

If she comes over and sits on your lap, she's interested. : )

I'm shy and don't mention sex really. I rather get to know them and see if they want to be with me. I hate one night stands, I feel too much. If I had sex I'd get very attached and cry. So I avoid it all together, I make sure they want me as a girlfriend and than over time I'll make love when I feel right. I'm not a prude, that's just how I am. When guys mention sex though I think that's all they want so I eventually ignore them overtime.

Plus I'm pretty picky when it comes to guys.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Huh? That sounds like an extremely innocent statement....

That was my impression from what little of the context we were given.

It depends on the person really. I used to know a Girl who would openly talk about Sex with me. Took about 1 Year AFTER we'd fallen out to realize she was hinting at me for like.. ever, lol. I knew another Girl who would hate talking about Sex. Her experiences with Guys haunted her so discussing it wasn't something she liked to do.

Some people like to be classy and not talk about Sex in certain ways. Others like to be crude and be way to open for me personally. I don't want to know that this Girl gave this other Girl 11 Orgasms in one night (Honest!) Some people like to be casual and treat it like it's anything else whilst some like to be open to people close to them. This is from my experience only by the way and applies to both Genders.

I don't think there is a set way to tell if a Girl (Or Boy) is interested in anything, except by spending time with them and getting to know them. The more time you put in, the more of an accurate answer to your question you will find~

I agree that the given example sounded completely innocent, given the context. You might want to give us a more detailed example.

My first impression of your post is that you are looking waaaaaay too much into it.

If you wanna know if a girl is interested in you - then make a move and let her know!!!

It sounds like you're totally overanalyzing and breaking down bit by bit what she said when there's nothing to analyze tbh.

Typically, it's the guys that need to make the first move since there's a lot of traditional girls out there. I mean, of course there are those girls that approach, but if you aren't assertive - some other guy will probably go for her and beat you to it.

If you are interested...go for it! Don't just keep on waiting for her to say things and needlessly analyzing it.

If a girl has a strong sexual interest, much of the time (particularly with girls that have romantic experience) the lady will make quite a bit of physical contact with you.

Touching your arms, legs, chest etc. or even just sitting close to you and/or staring into your eyes a lot.

However, this sort of interest does not neccessarily mean a girl wants a full relationship. I know this because unfortunately I only seem to attract girls that want no-strings "fun" :(

I don't really know what a girl does if she wants something more meaningful, I'm very poor at understanding those sorts of signals (and even the overt ones above make me feel uncomfortable).

Also, a girl just mentioning sex doesn't mean she's trying to make a statement of any kind to you, so don't assume or read into it.

TheSolitaryMan said:
If a girl has a strong sexual interest, much of the time (particularly with girls that have romantic experience) the lady will make quite a bit of physical contact with you.

Touching your arms, legs, chest etc. or even just sitting close to you and/or staring into your eyes a lot.

However, this sort of interest does not neccessarily mean a girl wants a full relationship. I know this because unfortunately I only seem to attract girls that want no-strings "fun" :(

I don't really know what a girl does if she wants something more meaningful, I'm very poor at understanding those sorts of signals (and even the overt ones above make me feel uncomfortable).

Also, a girl just mentioning sex doesn't mean she's trying to make a statement of any kind to you, so don't assume or read into it.

Wow!! You don't want "fun"?? So hard to find guys like you!! Where are your kind?!

Haha...

Stars said:
Wow!! You don't want "fun"?? So hard to find guys like you!! Where are your kind?!

Haha...

I'm not sure, I think they must be locked up at a top secret warehouse along with all the mature girls that want a proper relationship... ;)

Unfortunately in my case, I think my disinterest in leaping into bed quickly perhaps translates to some decent girls that I'm not interested in them at all.

It's quite the contrary. I just want to watch lots of movies, talk a lot and become an authority on kissing before I go any further with the special lady in question :)

Latest posts

Back